Archived GSA/SEA Pay Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this comes back to the point @gsa4lyfe was trying to make. YOU shouldn't be setting POGs and building endcaps. GSAs are supposed to be available for guests at all times, and that means GSAs are not supposed to be tasking at the front lanes. I can get on Workbench tomorrow to prove that. I know that some stores expect a lot more of their GSAs (mine included), but corporate is paying GSAs for what they're expecting GSAs to do: watch the front lanes and support the GSTL. Anything more than that is your store piling on.

Please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that it's easy or that it's fair for the work that your store is making you do. The real issue is the fact that your store is making you do that work in the first place, because it literally isn't supposed to be your job.
That’s is crazy because at our store we will get written up if we don’t do the POGs and research.. I feel like cooperate needs to send out a list of dues and don’t cause it seems like gsa are being taken advantage of, but even though that fact hat extra responsibilities are added to GSA like key holder and problem solver and helping run front end that’s extra responsibility which should equal to extra pay

My store actually increased the GSA/SEA pay differential. I won’t say how much because I don’t want to out myself, but it does make me feel a lot better about it particularly because I do pretty much everything our GSTLs do with the exception of talent management.
lucky u must have a good ETL HR

That’s is crazy because at our store we will get written up if we don’t do the POGs and research.. I feel like cooperate needs to send out a list of dues and don’t cause it seems like gsa are being taken advantage of, but even though that fact hat extra responsibilities are added to GSA like key holder and problem solver and helping run front end that’s extra responsibility which should equal to extra pay
There use to be a chart on workbench that told you who was supposed to set what, but I’m sure that went out the window when modernization came along. The GSTLs and GSAs at my store set all the POGs up front except the movie one and shippers.

anyone think it's kinda funny how a STARBUCKS TEAM LEAD is actually generalizing other roles?

AH DEEMAND UND EKSPEKT RUHSPEKT AND LOYUHLTEE!

Coming from someone who got promoted from gsa to gstl it’s never been about the .50 so I don’t see what the big deal is. I don’t know about anyone else’s store but my store is pretty picky about gsas and the intention is always a developmental role to see if someone is ready to be a TL. It’s definitely an ASANTs situation but gsa should not be doing “everything a gstl does except coaching” which I seem to hear a lot but ask anyone who’s gone from gsa to gstl there is definitely a lot more work that goes into it and pressure from above that the gsas don’t see. Gsas tend to take on more than necessary and act as though it’s required of them. For example if the gsd calls you over to fix something and the guest asks to speak to a manager, I have a couple that will just claim well I am the manager. No.... just call the LOD and stop acting like you run the place. I have plenty of cashiers that would be more than capable of watching the front and the only reason I trust my gsas more than said cashiers is they get more communication than the cashiers for obvious reasons. If gsas strictly did what gsas were supposed to do they’re nothing more than a senior cashier of sorts. Now coming from gsas I totally agree the position sucks and you’re taken advantage of so clearly people aren’t doing it for the money so why is it such a big deal now. Are people really upset about that 4 dollars a day?
Being a gsa for almost 5 years now the pay does make a difference when it comes to sales floor team members rubbing their pay in say they make more. Our salesfloor team makes 13.50 if they are in an end to end area. Gsa’s take on the role of GSTL while they’re not there. At my location we’ve been told by LODs and other team leaders that if we want to show that we want to move up that we should avoid calling the LOD to the front for guest issues and handle it ourselves. So for people to say stop telling guests that we’re managers, in a way we are. We have supervisor numbers, handle guest complaints, count $30,000+ when we do cash office.... so tell me again why that extra money in our pay doesn’t make a difference? It would make a huge difference in my opinion. We’re told to take more on and get screwed over with getting paid a differential for holding the title when we deserve it.

Being a gsa for almost 5 years now the pay does make a difference when it comes to sales floor team members rubbing their pay in say they make more. Our salesfloor team makes 13.50 if they are in an end to end area. Gsa’s take on the role of GSTL while they’re not there. At my location we’ve been told by LODs and other team leaders that if we want to show that we want to move up that we should avoid calling the LOD to the front for guest issues and handle it ourselves. So for people to say stop telling guests that we’re managers, in a way we are. We have supervisor numbers, handle guest complaints, count $30,000+ when we do cash office.... so tell me again why that extra money in our pay doesn’t make a difference? It would make a huge difference in my opinion. We’re told to take more on and get screwed over with getting paid a differential for holding the title when we deserve it.
If you really think .50 cents made up for all that then you’re not a gsa for the right reasons. It’s a developmental position and not a long term thing. If you’re that upset about $4 a day then demote and become a cashier and stop complaining

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back