Archived GSTL Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking at promoting to GSTL, and am curious as to what the compensation is for that position. I know GSA is 50 cents over base, is there a standard amount for GSTL as well?

TIA

It's a pretty wide range depending on several factors, including but not limited to... location and experience as the big ones. It can range starting from 14/15 to 17/18.

You should also be considering what duties you'll be doing as GSTL. Some stores treat GSAs/GSTLs virtually the same, others its much different. I've also seen stores where the GSTL is mostly hands off and barely has to do much besides coach/evaluate, control equipment locker and occasional checklane reset. Then you have ones where the GSTL is running around crazy having to man service desk even tho their not supposed to, manage self checkout with no kiosk, help at photo (and keep in mind this is the atrocious IGS stores), grab flex fullfilments from back, etc. Or hell I've even seen a GSTL who was on their phone more often than working.

Anyway, point is figure out what YOUR store expects of a GSTL plus what the COL around your area is then talk to them about money. And if they try and five u the BS about a fixed rate don't believe it. Yeah some markets have DTLs who don't like it, but your STL can adjust your pay rate at any time for any reason within a reasonable amount.

I make $14 at Lowe's as a GSA equivalent. Maybe Spot ought to re-evaluate what is "fair pay."
Right, like I when I worked at Whole Foods the GSA equivalent was $15. BUT there was no team lead for front end. Just the supervisor. Are you the highest ranking front end manager at Lowe's? (besides assistant managers)

Right, like I when I worked at Whole Foods the GSA equivalent was $15. BUT there was no team lead for front end. Just the supervisor. Are you the highest ranking front end manager at Lowe's? (besides assistant managers)

Nope, we have about 5 Head Cashiers (the Lowe's GSA equivalent) and then we have 1 Department Manager for Customer Service (who is the GSTL equivalent). My DM probably makes like $18 an hour. Though to be fair, us Head Cashiers do the bulk of the work whereas the DM does a lot of administrative stuff.

Still, there is less pay disparity. At Spot, one of my GSTLs was making $16.50 as a non-senior TL, and I was making $9.50 as GSA. Now that's ridiculous.

Holy shit. I think GSTL is only $3.25 above cashier at my store. I'm pretty sure they're N11, which is $13.25.

Pathetic. Responsible for supervising front end personnel, trouble shooting any service desk problems, customer service, handling large amounts of money as well as writing reviews and Spot can't even muster up $30,000/yr for entry level management.

Pathetic. Responsible for supervising front end personnel, trouble shooting any service desk problems, customer service, handling large amounts of money as well as writing reviews and Spot can't even muster up $30,000/yr for entry level management.
And being made to cry on a weekly basis by the ETL-SF/GE! Seriously it's almost every week for one of my GSTLs. Every couple weeks for the other GSTL. The REDcard pressure is insane and we're barely even missing our YTD goal.

Edit: best team survey results come out tomorrow! I can't wait for my STL to find out we're a focus store and that 90% of our problems (outside of the usual payroll/pay rate/equipment issues) come from one person.

Depending on the market you're in it starts at $14/hr and goes up from there based upon your previous experience and other relevant skill sets.

I made $10.50 as a cashier at lowes......5 years ago!

My cashiers start at $11.50 typically. Min. wage is $10. I guess they haven't raised wages much, but it's still better than Target and many others.

At Target, they'd be getting $10, and I'd get $10.50. I'll take Lowe's any day.

My cashiers start at $11.50 typically. Min. wage is $10. I guess they haven't raised wages much, but it's still better than Target and many others.

Are your cashiers expected to push credit cards like at Target?

I went to Lowe's Sunday night. There were no cashiers. None. I walked by guest services where two people were standing...asked if I could check out there (it was closer). The answer was no, and they pointed me to the self check outs. Then I looked down and realized there wasn't a single lane open that had a cashier. It doesn't matter what the cashiers make if they aren't scheduling them.

I went to Lowe's Sunday night. There were no cashiers. None. I walked by guest services where two people were standing...asked if I could check out there (it was closer). The answer was no, and they pointed me to the self check outs. Then I looked down and realized there wasn't a single lane open that had a cashier. It doesn't matter what the cashiers make if they aren't scheduling them.

This doesn't happen at my store. A lot of times I've found we have better scheduling than I ever had at Target. Then again, we are a small store.

Keep in mind that for home improvement stores, their busy hours are weekdays from 7am to about noon. Nights are super dead.

Keep in mind that for home improvement stores, their busy hours are weekdays from 7am to about noon. Nights are super dead.

Also correct. We definitely have periods where it's abysmally slow. At Spot, a true slow moment was rare even in the mornings/evenings.

Yeah, really all we get is moments where there are enough cashiers. Moments

When it comes to the main point of the topic...I'm in California and have been able to get to 35k/year. But I also have basically no expenses most of my money is just savings.

Last edited:
Yeah, really all we get is moments where there are enough cashiers. Moments

When it comes to the main point of the topic...I'm in California and have been able to get to 35k/year. But I also have basically no expenses most of my money is just savings.

However , what you're able to get isn't typical compared to other GSTLs. Good for you, but shame on Spot for what GSTLs get in other parts of the country.

Got offered Was told I'd get $14.50. Not great, but better than GSA pay for the same basic duties.

when i was GSA i was getting 11.50 an hour, the minimum wage where i'm from is 7.25 so i think that's a fair amount LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back