Archived Gstl Role

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other responsibilities do you do at your store besides running guest service and the front, scheduling, and ordering supplies? My peer has said that she just does those things but I want to go above and beyond than just that. What makes a great gstl?

Empowering the HR team to make you a productive schedule is important. I'm going to exaggerate this next one to make a point: every time a cashier or SD TM calls for help, other than backup, is a failure on the GSTL's part. A day without blinkers is a day you win.

What other responsibilities do you do at your store besides running guest service and the front, scheduling, and ordering supplies? My peer has said that she just does those things but I want to go above and beyond than just that. What makes a great gstl?

Taking ownership for your end caps and one spot if you don't already.

Our Gstls recognize salesfloor members who back up. Send in our devices for us and generally call CSC for the rest of the store when we have issues.

Are you trying to be signed off for ETL or just want to be a great GSTL?
Eventually I would like to move on up within the company. My ETLS at my store have been telling me I've been doing a great job coming from Food Avenue but I would like to be where they are at eventually.

Be all over REDcards... It's constant follow-up with cashiers for the way they are selling them, helping them adjust their pitch, and giving them all a little push. Guest service is a HUGE focus for the company right now so the NPS is a big deal, but when judging a store's front end the only metric they have to look at is REDcards.

everything has turned into guest surveys, if we get one its usually bad the people involved get cracked down upon to figure out what they are doing that isnt great guest service

Be all over REDcards... It's constant follow-up with cashiers for the way they are selling them, helping them adjust their pitch, and giving them all a little push. Guest service is a HUGE focus for the company right now so the NPS is a big deal, but when judging a store's front end the only metric they have to look at is REDcards.

Asants red cards don't mean s-- at my store.

All about nps. Every store in my group is red for red cards ytd.

Create routines, always send out communication with your peers and ETLs, ensure guest service is efficient, and keep an eye on MyGuest to identify trends and areas you can improve.

I often grab about five cashiers and teach them how to Plano, pull batches, shoot labels, and fill. This is half the battle. Development is really the biggest thing. Hard to do at this time due to seasonal, but definitely something to work on. Stronger team equals stronger results.

I like to make the first week of each month the "refresh week". So that means retraining cashiers, even the vets, about how to stop shortage, WiC, Tax Exempt, gift card protocol, driving conversion, simple returns, etc.

Have someone do regular equipment audits as well. Also try your best to never call the LOD. At the end of each month I ask cashiers to give me three things they either want to learn or improve on. I then try to help them with that.

Those are some of the things I do. However, every store is different so you have to adapt. I hope you find what works for you and succeed.

SilentCrow

To add to what was said above, I would encourage you to develop your GSAs to be the best they can be. I look at my GSAs as equals. I could say that two of them have made TL. If you have strong GSAs they can help you get the things like planos, end caps, etc done.

ASANTS, but I would also say partner with backroom a lot. Me and the BRTLs are real close because our store has two entrance sides. I often partner with them to put out pallets of necessities like water. It frees up room in their work center and it drives sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back