Archived Gstl

Status
Not open for further replies.
should I volunteer to be the opening GSTL, and closing GSTL on Christmas eve? Or do you think I'm crazy? It would be 7:30 am until 9:15 pm. I just feel like the rest of the GSTL/GSAs have families and I want to let them have the day off

Will you be my new GSTL?

I told my ETL-HR that with all of my family out of state, I didn't want to close Christmas Eve and open the day after Christmas again this year. She told me that Spot's policy is to have one or the other off. Right. So for that, I expect the same schedule again. *sigh*

Will you be my new GSTL?

I told my ETL-HR that with all of my family out of state, I didn't want to close Christmas Eve and open the day after Christmas again this year. She told me that Spot's policy is to have one or the other off. Right. So for that, I expect the same schedule again. *sigh*
I'll come work your shift!

I know people that do this are highly looked upon. Being there for the store and the rest of your TM means alot. Even if nothing is said at the time, I can assure you, it is remembered.

Will you be my new GSTL?

Rg, it is not spot policy. Challenge it. Ask your hr to show it to you in writing.

My last day was xmas eve, I volunteered to be closing GSA.

Co-workers were very appreciative.

Will you be my new GSTL?

Rg, it is not spot policy. Challenge it. Ask your hr to show it to you in writing.

Heck, I'm not going to challenge it. If she wants to tell me that's policy, I will gladly take one or the other off...of course we all know that it won't happen when other people expect to have them both off and both are really busy days. Oh, well. We'll see what develops.

Will you be my new GSTL?

Actually it would fall under basic scheduling needs of the store I'm pretty sure. I've fallen victim to it before too.

At huddle, the STL said, "Well, yes, we're asking about Q4 availability. But that doesn't mean you don't have to work the crucial days. It just means that we want you to open up your availability." hahahahaha

Will you be my new GSTL?

Actually it would fall under basic scheduling needs of the store I'm pretty sure. I've fallen victim to it before too.
I have a tm who will work on 24th & then take the rest of the week off. But, they work on New Years eve, as a trade off.

i'm not christian so i don't care. i work most of those holidays. opening is worse than closing. its dead by then. you only get a bonus pay grade for 5 pm + in my state. talk to you team, see what volume is like.

If you don't celebrate christmas, it'd be much appreciated by the rest of your team! I did an open-close (7:30-9) last christmas and everybody was very appreciative because they could spend time with their families, and I didn't have anything happening christmas eve anyway. Plus I got the 26th and 27th off :)

I never care when I work.. They all know I have no family.. In the past they didn't default to me just because I have no family. They have always asked me what I would like to do..this year it may be dictated since I took the promotion.
The little girls (the young cashiers who I work with and consider me their second Mom) always ask me to come over for the holidays because it breaks their hearts when they ask what I'm doing and I tell them I will be home by myself..
They always bring me in a bit of food.. (With all i get its Enough to feed me for a week) I love it, I get to taste the holidays of all nations.. I might write a book about all the different dishes and cultures...

Wow, can't imagine cashiers asking me to come spend the day with their family on the holidays. Then again being a guy I think my relationship dynamic with most of the other cashiers is rather different. For example today a young girl whose like 18 got off work at 8:30, she asked an older lady who got off at 9:45 if she could give her a ride home, older lady said yes, but asked me if I could give her a ride instead because I also got off at 8:30, that way the girl wouldn't need to sit around for a hour and 15 minutes after clocking out. I was willing to do so, but she still opted to have the older female cashier drive her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back