Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Yesterday a guest asked me if we had any of those $69.99 L.O.L. Surprise things (she wanted 3) and so I went to check and nope, zero on hand. I told her "Sorry ma'am it looks like we're sold out here and online," and she said "Oh, no worries, thank you so much for checking!"

now there's one for the history books (move aside WW2)

Yesterday a guest asked me if we had any of those $69.99 L.O.L. Surprise things (she wanted 3) and so I went to check and nope, zero on hand. I told her "Sorry ma'am it looks like we're sold out here and online," and she said "Oh, no worries, thank you so much for checking!"

now there's one for the history books (move aside WW2)
I feel like I've actually had more guests accepting us being out of things lately, especially when they see me scan the shelf label/look it up in MyWork and do 10sec of "research" vs just telling them "no". Ironically, the last couple of days, the only people who have gotten upset with me about things being out of stock were people looking for non-high demand items (one was a book and one was a certain purse or something). Strange.

I like how guests are embarrassed to say "Fingerlings" and "LOL Big Surprise". It's always "those little monkey things... you know..." or "you know, that surprise thing with the dolls". It's like people who won't order something that sounds embarrassing to say on a restaurant menu.

most of the people who've asked me for L.O.L. stuff have been confused grandparents taking requests from spoiled grandchildren. I always say "it's okay sir/ma'am I have no clue what they are either" (I really don't)

Holy jesus, here goes

Lady wanted to price match target.com
I said, hey, no prob, I'll use my app to scan your items GIANT BASKET OF STUFF
Everything I scanned was the same sale price as the website.
She's freaking out, saying that when she looks at her phone, it's a lot less.
I ask, are you on target.com or on the target app?
Turns out she's got a search results page on google opened up.

She shows me an item, it's listed as lower, but when she clicks the picture, it opens in target.com and the price is accurately represented.

Here's the stupid shit people say part of this thread:

"When I'm at home it's the right price, but in your store, it's charging me more. You can't look at the website when you're in the store or it gives you the wrong price."

I shit you not.
She might be telling the truth. We've had a guest tell one of our Gstls the exact same thing and had screenshots to prove it.

She might be telling the truth. We've had a guest tell one of our Gstls the exact same thing and had screenshots to prove it.

I haven't experienced that. It seems weird to me that going to target.com would not display the website's prices but the store prices. Freaky deeky!!!

*at guest service*
Guest: *in order pickup line*
Me: “do you have an order pickup?” (You always have to ask even if they’re in the line because people don’t pay attention)
Guest: “no”
Me: “okay well that line is for returns and exchanges”
Guest: “I don’t have a return I have an online order.”
:/
They think online order is different than order pickup lol happens like 5 times a day at least

Guest walks up to service desk
Me: Hi, how can I help you?
G: You have something for my wife.
Me: Do you mean an order or are we holding it for 24 hours?
G: I dunno, she said you have a Kitchen Aid on hold.
Me: *looks in 24 hr hold locations* Uh, sir, is this for an order she placed on line?
G: Well she sent me to pick up something she ordered, a Kitchen Aid.
Me: *rolls eyes internally* No problem, I just need to see your ID and are you listed as a pick up person?
G: My ID?
Me: Yes, your ID.
G: Do you mean my driver's license?
Me: *motherfuck what the fuck don't they understand about ID* Sure, DL, Passport, Military ID ... whatever the government issued that has your fucking photo on it.
G: Is this going to take long?
Me: Well sir, I don't see your name listed so perhaps your wife has it under another name and has you listed as an alternate pick up?
G: *deer in headlights*
Me: What. Name. Is. The. Order. Under.
G: *totally different last name as his*

Oh fuck, I'm tired of typing. You can guess the rest.

Guest walks up to service desk
Me: Hi, how can I help you?
G: You have something for my wife.
Me: Do you mean an order or are we holding it for 24 hours?
G: I dunno, she said you have a Kitchen Aid on hold.
Me: *looks in 24 hr hold locations* Uh, sir, is this for an order she placed on line?
G: Well she sent me to pick up something she ordered, a Kitchen Aid.
Me: *rolls eyes internally* No problem, I just need to see your ID and are you listed as a pick up person?
G: My ID?
Me: Yes, your ID.
G: Do you mean my driver's license?
Me: *motherfuck what the fuck don't they understand about ID* Sure, DL, Passport, Military ID ... whatever the government issued that has your fucking photo on it.
G: Is this going to take long?
Me: Well sir, I don't see your name listed so perhaps your wife has it under another name and has you listed as an alternate pick up?
G: *deer in headlights*
Me: What. Name. Is. The. Order. Under.
G: *totally different last name as his*

Oh fuck, I'm tired of typing. You can guess the rest.
This. I hate when I ask for ID and I don’t see it under that name and they’re like oh yeah it’s under my friends name. Like that might be something good to tell me ahead of time since I can’t read your mind.

Had a man picking up a TV for his ex wife, totally legit, but I had no way of knowing that since their last names were different, and he was not listed as an alternate.
He pitched a fucking hissy fit, we had every LOD & ETL up there explaining that we can't release it to him until she lists him as an alternate. Rather than call her, he storms out saying he's going to Best Buy.

3 hours later, the ex wife comes to pick it up.

Idiots.

I find it funny when elderly guests haggle with each other over something that costs $5, as if they're at the car dealership trying to decide on which Cadillac they want

I mean there's nothing wrong with being a careful spender but it's not like you can go to the drive in movie theater 500 times or buy 1000 candy bars with 5 bucks like you could when you were a kid (What is "inflation"?)

Stopped by the boat and some guest was buying a Nintendo Switch, electronics dude totals it up and she's like "uhhhhh why did it ring up $325, it says $299 on the shelf" and he has to remind her about that +8.9% sales tax. Instead of "Oh yeah my bad!" she glares at us and lets out a long irritated sigh like he ruined her day

I can understand kids or foreigners not being in the know but this guest was neither, come on lmao

Stopped by the boat and some guest was buying a Nintendo Switch, electronics dude totals it up and she's like "uhhhhh why did it ring up $325, it says $299 on the shelf" and he has to remind her about that +8.9% sales tax. Instead of "Oh yeah my bad!" she glares at us and lets out a long irritated sigh like he ruined her day

I can understand kids or foreigners not being in the know but this guest was neither, come on lmao
"LOD, can you go to 3? Yeah, a guest wants to know if she can get a discount for paying taxes because she wants the label price, Really!? Give it to her!? Whatever you say Capitan!"

It’s because when you’re at home, it sometimes shows you the target.com price, but when you’re IN the store, it shows you the store price, even on target.com. Especially if you’re connected to the store WiFi. Had it happen yesterday. Ordered something from Home and went to show my boss at work and it was a different price when I pulled it back up. Her husband pulled it up from Home and the price was lower.

It’s because when you’re at home, it sometimes shows you the target.com price, but when you’re IN the store, it shows you the store price, even on target.com. Especially if you’re connected to the store WiFi. Had it happen yesterday. Ordered something from Home and went to show my boss at work and it was a different price when I pulled it back up. Her husband pulled it up from Home and the price was lower.

We had that the other day. Turns out the guest had his phone set for his home store (nearby city) which had a lower price

I occasionally have guests who want to “split payments”... like they’ll say “I want to save the 5% but I want to pay with a different card, so only want to pay $1 with my red card and I’ll pay the rest on my other card.” I never tell them. I just let them think that’s how it works. It’s so hilarious to me

I occasionally have guests who want to “split payments”... like they’ll say “I want to save the 5% but I want to pay with a different card, so only want to pay $1 with my red card and I’ll pay the rest on my other card.” I never tell them. I just let them think that’s how it works. It’s so hilarious to me
Tell them they can put it all on their RC then immediately pay off their bill with anything other than another credit card

See, I'm the other way. I make sure to tell them that they only save the 5% on the portion paid by RC. And yes, I encourage them to then use their debit card to pay the new charge off immediately in that sort of situation.

Same in Sbux. "Just scan my app so I get the stars, but I'm going to pay cash." But i always explain it to them.

*Standing like 10 feet away from self checkouts, watching them while letting people know one has opened up*

People: Are you in line?

No, I'm just wearing a name tag, uniform, have a walkie, am telling people where to go, have nothing in my hands, and am not even close to the line just for fun.

Same in Sbux. "Just scan my app so I get the stars, but I'm going to pay cash." But i always explain it to them.
Had someone telling our SB guests that they can still get their stars simply by scanning the (empty) app first then paying with another card/cash.
Uh, no.

Best buy was doing the same thing on the router we just picked up in store it was 199 online it was 142 so yeah was a bit annoying

Back