Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Pharmacy “guest”: this isn’t what I paid last time. I want to pay what I did last time.
Looks up in the computer: sir, you actually paid $20 last time, it’s only $10.80 this time.
PG: but I want to pay what I did LAST month
Me: you’re actually paying LESS this month
PG: so you aren’t going to charge me what you did LAST month? I’m going to Walgreens!
Me: sir, you paid $20 last month, it’s only $10.80 this month!
PG: well, I don’t want it if you aren’t going to charge me the same amount!
Me: ooookaaayyyyy......

Edited to add: guess what was transferred to Walgreens, then back because it was MORE at Walgreens?

*Standing like 10 feet away from self checkouts, watching them while letting people know one has opened up*

People: Are you in line?

No, I'm just wearing a name tag, uniform, have a walkie, am telling people where to go, have nothing in my hands, and am not even close to the line just for fun.
Last week I was on my lunch, hoodie on but you were able to see my walkie and mydevice on my belt (bad idea, should’ve taken them off). I clearly was going to buy some stuff and was waiting in line at self checkout, when literally people were walking past me and cutting me. I even had some people ask me questions. when i said “hey, i’m off the clock, i can’t help you right now” and i pointed them to the nearest sco TM. I was so pissed off lol when the next register was available i just went right to it and a guest behind me got mad at me, i looked at her and told her i was waiting in line like the rest of them. like cmon people.

I've never had that issue. I've had guests ask for help as I'm walking around off the clock or after work, but not very much, in my two years, probably only 3-4 guests have tried to get help from me off the clock.

I ALWAYS have people cut in front of me at Starbucks. I’ll be like “uh the line is back there” and they’re like “oh sorry I thought you worked here”
“I do work here but I want coffee” lmao like ?
I've been in line at SB with my apron & hat off yet people try to cut in.
A couple of women started to move ahead of me saying "You're not in line, are you?"
I answered "Yes ma'am, I AM in line. The end is BACK THERE." pointing over my shoulder.

Today a Guest asked me for a cleaning supplies ... okay, great.... and being the friendly TM that I am ---- "I'll walk you over to Grocery and help you find it!" On our journey, he (who is walking behind me) says, " Mmmmmm.....Do you ride horses?" I reply (somewhat surprised, hair on back of neck rising), "um...no, I do not ride horses." He says, "Mmmmmm.....well, you must ride somethin' with legs like that!". **** Sidebar: I am not bowlegged... but there is a slight thigh-gap-thing going on.**** I STOP ..... turn to face him and HIS WIFE ( yah.... did I mention that his wife is walking along side him?) and I'm not even sure who to deliver my "shock and awe" stare to !!!!! Him? for being an absolute piece of uncensored pig shit ..... or Her? for being married to an absolute piece of uncensored pig shit !!! The journey for cleaning supplies ended right then and there. Find your own way, you fucking creep.

Today a Guest asked me for a cleaning supplies ... okay, great.... and being the friendly TM that I am ---- "I'll walk you over to Grocery and help you find it!" On our journey, he (who is walking behind me) says, " Mmmmmm.....Do you ride horses?" I reply (somewhat surprised, hair on back of neck rising), "um...no, I do not ride horses." He says, "Mmmmmm.....well, you must ride somethin' with legs like that!". **** Sidebar: I am not bowlegged... but there is a slight thigh-gap-thing going on.**** I STOP ..... turn to face him and HIS WIFE ( yah.... did I mention that his wife is walking along side him?) and I'm not even sure who to deliver my "shock and awe" stare to !!!!! Him? for being an absolute piece of uncensored pig shit ..... or Her? for being married to an absolute piece of uncensored pig shit !!! The journey for cleaning supplies ended right then and there. Find your own way, you fucking creep.
Wow. What a jerk. Maybe they were looking to have an extra person join the “party”.

~10 year old girl and her probably ~6 year old sister approached me

“We’re looking for pink string lights”
I look on the mydevice, and the only non-Christmas ones were online only, for $11 and I tell them.
“No they’re $3.”
I show them the screen.
“I only want to pay $3.”
At this point I was annoyed because these little ass kids were giving me hella attitude so I was just like “then go somewhere else that has them for $3.”
She was like “I’ll just come back and ask someone else.”
I was like “good luck with that because it’ll be the same price no matter who you ask and when you come.”

They then walked away and I saw them later walk into the closed self checkout and get confused when nothing was scanning. I walked up to them and I was like “if it says closed on the screen that means that it’s closed.”

“I don’t want to wait in line”
“That doesn’t make the machine work”

You guys don't have string lights in the party decoration aisle, at least?

We seem to have them everywhere--party aisle, housewares, endcap in housewares, etc. Not for $3, though, I don't think.

You guys don't have string lights in the party decoration aisle, at least?

We seem to have them everywhere--party aisle, housewares, endcap in housewares, etc. Not for $3, though, I don't think.
I’m not sure, I’m only ever up front but I think we have some in domestics but not the color/shape they were looking for. They were very specific lol.

Well to be fair bullseye usually has them. But yeah that was rude, idc what age you are. If you’re old enough to know what being rude means you shouldn’t do it.

~10 year old girl and her probably ~6 year old sister approached me

“We’re looking for pink string lights”
I look on the mydevice, and the only non-Christmas ones were online only, for $11 and I tell them.
“No they’re $3.”
I show them the screen.
“I only want to pay $3.”
At this point I was annoyed because these little ass kids were giving me hella attitude so I was just like “then go somewhere else that has them for $3.”
She was like “I’ll just come back and ask someone else.”
I was like “good luck with that because it’ll be the same price no matter who you ask and when you come.”

They then walked away and I saw them later walk into the closed self checkout and get confused when nothing was scanning. I walked up to them and I was like “if it says closed on the screen that means that it’s closed.”

“I don’t want to wait in line”
“That doesn’t make the machine work”

Probably just mimicking how Mommy shops ! Nuts don't fall far from the tree. o_O

There were pink string lights in Bullseye for Valentines. So the little angels brats guests probably bought some then and expected we have them year-round.

I crushed some kid's dreams the other day...about 8 years old and eyeballing a hoverboard and seeing me he chirps "Sir how much does this cost??" I scanned it with my Zebra and showed him ($349) and his eyes glaze over and he looks like he's trying to hold back tears. "Ohhhh...I only have f-forty...t-thanks anyway"

Welcome to the club lil' guy

I crushed some kid's dreams the other day...about 8 years old and eyeballing a hoverboard and seeing me he chirps "Sir how much does this cost??" I scanned it with my Zebra and showed him ($349) and his eyes glaze over and he looks like he's trying to hold back tears. "Ohhhh...I only have f-forty...t-thanks anyway"

Welcome to the club lil' guy
me_irl

Guest wanted a gift receipt..

So I print her one on her receipt.

Looks at her receipt

"It still has the price on the gift receipt."

Looks at receipt

"Ma'am, the gift receipt is on the bottom" o_O

Back