Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

The problem at my store is compounded by Pricing always using the seasonal PLU clearance signs that say "percent off unmarked items taken at register" instead of the regular ones so it's harder to argue with people who pick up a non-clearance item that another guest abandoned there.

Anyone else have a shocking abundance of guests that try to pay with their Macy’s card because it’s red and they’re not paying attention and then they argue with you when you point it out?

“Why is it telling me to remove it”
“Because that’s your Macy’s card and this is target”
“This is my red card”
“It is a red card yes but it’s not your target red card”
“No this is my only red card”
:mad:

Anyone else have a shocking abundance of guests that try to pay with their Macy’s card because it’s red and they’re not paying attention and then they argue with you when you point it out?

“This is my red card”
Me: want to sign up for RC?
Guest: *pulls out red bank card* this is the only red card I use hahahahahahhaahhahaha
Me: *cries in redcard*

“This is my red card”

sFFxqWT.jpg

“This is my red card”

A Kroger retailer card, a local multi-media entertainment store loyalty card, some discount card for a department store.

Me: "Sir that's a <store> discount card."
*guest looks at me confused.*
Me:... You're at Target.

Guest accused target of discrimination because cartwheel requires an electronic device

Had a lady straight up berate me because we require the Target app to get the cartwheel discount. "Not everyone has a phone or access to a computer!!!" (She does....)

Free public transportation. To the library. Print off the barcode.
:confused:

I don't know what was going on with a woman yesterday. She asked me if I could tell her the price of an item. It was tagged with a price on the tag, but this isn't the first time someone's asked me how much a tagged and priced item costs. I confirmed the price and she said "But there was a sign and that's not what the sign said." Dresses are BOGO 50%, and I said that it is on a buy one get one 50% off sale, but you must buy two dresses and the lower priced dress will be 50% off, and that you do not get the discount if you only buy one. "But that's not what the sign says." She then had me go with her to the sign. Along the way she was pretty loudly saying that at the register they always call for a price check in a really aggravated tone.

Now this is why I don't think it was a scam, that she was just crazy or something. She took me to where the dress is supposed to go, not to a place where the dress isn't supposed to be, and pointed out the sign. It was the right sign. She said "See, it says something different." I said "Ma'am, it says exactly what I explained, you must buy two dresses and the lower of the two will be 50% off." She asked where did it say that and I pointed to the line on the sign that said exactly that. She didn't argue any more, she just grumbled "oh" and wandered off.

Wtf?

I've had that happen, but when it has in the past the people never lead me to the correct location of the item, they either found it elsewhere, saw a place with a favorable sign that they could claim, or saw something in the ad involving tiny print. This was clearly the dress is in the right spot, the sign is in the right spot, the sign uses simple English and the words are large font.

Guest tried to use two BOGO coupons on two items to get them both free.
When I told her it doesn't work that way, she said "No, you don't understand."
Ma'am, I understand.
What YOU don't understand is the "BUY ONE, get one free" part.
You have to BUY ONE.

“This is my red card”
Witnessed that happen today at the self-checkout lanes lol I was on lunch so I had every right to laugh my ass off in front of our gstl but then again I pity those so called guests...

The woman with the confusion over the BOGO deal was back today trying on dresses, and she chatted with me like I was her best friend for several minutes and three different dresses. :confused:

The woman with the confusion over the BOGO deal was back today trying on dresses, and she chatted with me like I was her best friend for several minutes and three different dresses. :confused:

Nooooooo ! Not THREE dresses ! I see a math problem coming up soon ! @Jenna120 ...... I bet you can't wait for ad takedown on Saturday night !

I think the weirdos are taking advantage of the warmer weather to swarm.

Yesterday a woman brought me a girls' XL swimsuit and said "I need something bigger than this, but I don't want a woman's swimsuit." Wha? A kid's swimsuit bigger than XL? Now I didn't see the girl, but if she's so big that an XL won't fit then she's probably developing a body, so the shape of an XL would be a poor fit in more than just size. Then the woman asked "Don't you have a pre-teen section? A junior's section?" I told her that our juniors is the Xhilaration brand. Talk about unhappy. Sorry Grandma (yes, she was the grandmother), admit your grandkid is growing up.

I told her to get Merona or Aqua Green bottoms and a tankini. Of course she asked where those were, as if they weren't with the rest of the swimsuits. I don't know if that recommendation was suitable in her eyes or not, she never came back.

Now the weirdos are swarming on the phone.

There was the woman who was upset that her Target.com order was cancelled because she didn't pick it up.....again. She wanted to know if she could still come in and get it. Both times she placed the order, saw the expected pick up date and took that as the actual pick up date, checked her email on the pickup date and had a cancel email instead. I said the site's date is estimated and always longer than it will take to account for unexpected delays, that they send a followup email when the order is ready, and asked if she had gotten that email. She then told me she only checks her email once, maybe twice a week. I said the stuff would have been put back or shipped back when the order was canceled, and suggested ordering again and keeping a watch for that confirmation email. I kid you not, these were her words "You mean I have to check my email every day? That's unreasonable!"

There was the woman who demanded a manager because I said we'd be unable to tell her the amount of the merchandise card she'd be receiving if she brought her gifted item in. She didn't want to bring it in until she knew what she would get.

Then there was the woman who wanted to confirm her friend's story that we had Lalaloopsy dolls next to the LOL dolls. However when I tried to find them on the zebra and on Target.com and failed, she insisted that we did have them and she just wanted to confirm before coming. Then she kept cutting me off several times by saying she wasn't talking about online when I was trying to explain that since she couldn't provide a dpci I was searching online and got zero hits for either in store or online which meant we didn't have it. I got a little short and snapped "Ma'am, listen to me" to make her shut up long enough to finish my statement. Unfortunately I couldn't dump her in Electronics lap at that moment.

Had a lady straight up berate me because we require the Target app to get the cartwheel discount. "Not everyone has a phone or access to a computer!!!" (She does....)

Free public transportation. To the library. Print off the barcode.
:confused:
But then they have to add the items to their cartwheel too. A barcode won’t do much if the item hasn’t been added....

The one I get a lot, and I hate, "The sign says 30% off. Is that 30% off the price on the clearance sticker?" Um, no, 30% off the original price. First, why would any business take the time to put stickers on everything that says clearance, lists a price 30% lower than the clearly listed original price, and then put up a sign that also says clearance that is an additional 30% off that price? Second, #1 is so utterly ridiculous of a thought that no one actually believes it, so I know that you guests that ask that are trying to run a scam.
Dicks Sporting Goods regularly offers additional discounts off the marked clearance price. So do other retailers. It’s really not that uncommon.

Back