Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Me (back at the fitting room): how many do you have, ma’am?
Guest: Too many, ha!
Me: Can you count them for me please.
Guest: twenty-two.

Fifteen minutes later
Me: Did any of those work out for you?
Guest: Just the one. (Precedes to hand back all twenty one items placed backwards on the hanger with conflicting sizes.) :confused:

Even worse when they say, “I’m headed back that way again. I’ll put them away.” You most certainly will not. That’s my area to zone.

Confession: I’ve always told fitting room people that every single piece worked even if nothing did that way I could put it back myself because I’d feel rude giving them work to do (I’d always walk back and put it in the right spot) like I know that’s their job but why when I could just do it lol

I usually don’t mind the work because it saves me from having to fix it later in my zone. I’ve seen guests say that and dump it at random on a rail, and if it’s not in size order or the hanger is backwards my LOD will be on my case. It’s frustrating, so I try and save myself the headache. ;)

12:15am, cleaning up guest services when some tweaker guest comes out of nowhere up to the desk
“Can I do a return?”
“No. We’re closed. Come back tomorrow.”
“Please please please it’ll be quick”
“No.”
My GSTL: “it’s fine just do it really fast”
Guess what ended up taking THIRTY MINUTES!!!!!!!! I was fucking pissed.

12:15am, cleaning up guest services when some tweaker guest comes out of nowhere up to the desk
“Can I do a return?”
“No.”
I would’ve turned to my GSTL and said I have to go. You can do it if you have time.

“Can I do a return?”
“No.”
Wait - don’t you close at 11? You are open until midnight? First off - that sucks. Second of all - I would have stared the “guest” down and firmly stated that the store closed 15 minutes ago and the needed to leave. Your GSTL was wrong. Your registers should have already been closed. Not getting the cash into the safe with a certain time of the store closing will trigger an alarm. I’m sure they had fun explaining that one.

Wait - don’t you close at 11? You are open until midnight? First off - that sucks. Second of all - I would have stared the “guest” down and firmly stated that the store closed 15 minutes ago and the needed to leave. Your GSTL was wrong. Your registers should have already been closed. Not getting the cash into the safe with a certain time of the store closing will trigger an alarm. I’m sure they had fun explaining that one.
Yeah we close at midnight on weekends, it’s rough. And I had closed every single register in GS down except for one and I literally had the money bag in my hand about to close the last register when the guest walked up and asked. If I had just closed it a minute faster :rolleyes: now once the clock hits 11 or 12 I stop what I’m doing and shut all of them down

Yeah we close at midnight on weekends, it’s rough. And I had closed every single register in GS down except for one and I literally had the money bag in my hand about to close the last register when the guest walked up and asked. If I had just closed it a minute faster :rolleyes: now once the clock hits 11 or 12 I stop what I’m doing and shut all of them down
That's so shitty of that guest and your GSTL. I always close the last three registers around 10:30 or 10:45. I'm out of guest service by 10:55.

This guest wanted to buy a display that was unable to be sold because it belonged to another company

Me: we aren’t allowed to sell this display
Guest: what! but I want it
Me: ......umm...we aren’t allowed to sell this
Guest: *staring at me*
Me: sooo....I’ll just take that back for you,,,, sorry!

This guest wanted to buy a display that was unable to be sold because it belonged to another company

Me: we aren’t allowed to sell this display
Guest: what! but I want it
Me: ......umm...we aren’t allowed to sell this
Guest: *staring at me*
Me: sooo....I’ll just take that back for you,,,, sorry!
If it’s furniture I always just say “oh believe me you don’t want it, our displays aren’t as strong and will break!”

If it’s furniture I always just say “oh believe me you don’t want it, our displays aren’t as strong and will break!”
I’ve said something similar to that before and the guest actually said “well I’ll try our luck”; like no lady I’m trying to nicely let you know this is staying in the store

I've used something to the effect of "oh, the displays aren't real furniture, they're just made to look like the furniture but they don't actually hold weight and break really easily" and most of them accept it.

Back