Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

The one I get a lot, and I hate, "The sign says 30% off. Is that 30% off the price on the clearance sticker?" Um, no, 30% off the original price. First, why would any business take the time to put stickers on everything that says clearance, lists a price 30% lower than the clearly listed original price, and then put up a sign that also says clearance that is an additional 30% off that price? Second, #1 is so utterly ridiculous of a thought that no one actually believes it, so I know that you guests that ask that are trying to run a scam.
Actually, there is a store down here in the South that does do that. You can get some really good deals there in their clearance, too.

Today some lady went into some huge sob story about not having a receipt for an end table she wanted to return (so annoying lol) and after we finally got past that and I scanned her ID and went to go scan the tag on the table and I turned it over and it said TJ MAXX. I was like “um, you’re positive you bought this here?” She was like “oh 100% I know for a fact I bought it here” and I turned the tag over to show her and she goes “oh my god I thought that said target” HOW LOL

Today some lady went into some huge sob story about not having a receipt for an end table she wanted to return (so annoying lol) and after we finally got past that and I scanned her ID and went to go scan the tag on the table and I turned it over and it said TJ MAXX. I was like “um, you’re positive you bought this here?” She was like “oh 100% I know for a fact I bought it here” and I turned the tag over to show her and she goes “oh my god I thought that said target” HOW LOL
Lol one time someone brought something from TJ Max back and I said sorry ma’am this isn’t from here and she was like so? I thought you could return Tj max at Target?

WHY

Lol one time someone brought something from TJ Max back and I said sorry ma’am this isn’t from here and she was like so? I thought you could return Tj max at Target?

WHY
Lmao one time someone was trying to return diapers that weren’t from target and I told her we couldn’t take them and she was like “why? You’re supposed to take any diapers even if you don’t sell them” ?????? How am I supposed to give you a dollar amount back for them if they’re not recognized as even being a product in our system

Lmao one time someone was trying to return diapers that weren’t from target and I told her we couldn’t take them and she was like “why? You’re supposed to take any diapers even if you don’t sell them” ?????? How am I supposed to give you a dollar amount back for them if they’re not recognized as even being a product in our system
literally how do you even think a store takes back an item they don't sell
like how does that thought even enter your mind

*doing a return*
Me: “alright so I’m gonna put $x on a merchandise card”
Guest: “I can’t get cash?”
Me: *looks at receipt to see how she paid, sometimes it’ll be like $10 with merch card and the rest with cash and that’s why they want cash back* “no, it says here your only form of payment was a merchandise card. You get back the way you paid.”
Guest: “I have a receipt. I should get cash if I have a receipt.”
Me: “...no, that’s not how it works. You get it back the way you paid. If you paid with a credit card it goes back on your card. If you paid debit it goes back into your checking account. If you paid cash you get cash. You don’t get to just pick because you have a receipt.”
Guest: “Well that’s fucking stupid.”
:rolleyes:

*doing a return*
Me: *looks at receipt to see how she paid, sometimes it’ll be like $10 with merch card and the rest with cash and that’s why they want cash back* “no, it says here your only form of payment was a merchandise card. You get back the way you paid.”
Me: “...no, that’s not how it works. You get it back the way you paid. If you paid with a credit card it goes back on your card. If you paid debit it goes back into your checking account. If you paid cash you get cash. You don’t get to just pick because you have a receipt.”
Ugh the people who want anything other than a merch card when they pay half merch card half credit/cash are the worst. I mean I see where they’re coming from but our policy is our policy and you yelling at me won’t change that

*doing a return*

Yeah there is definitely some fucking stupid going on here.

I had a guest who flipped out at me when I told him his balance would be on a merch card and no, he could not get cash back for it. He didn't even have a receipt.

Literally had a guest on the phone trying to argue this with me the other night. She had a baby and wanted to exhange for size and then said, “I doubt all diapers are from target, but you take them all back, right? If it’s just for an exchange.” Nine minutes of I know friends who have done it, blah blah blah. It finally ended with I’ll try another store.

Literally had a guest on the phone trying to argue this with me the other night. She had a baby and wanted to exhange for size and then said, “I doubt all diapers are from target, but you take them all back, right? If it’s just for an exchange.” Nine minutes of I know friends who have done it, blah blah blah. It finally ended with I’ll try another store.
Apparently when you give birth you lose all your logic :rolleyes:

I love the guests who steal various unactivated gift cards. Like yes we would totally just have thousands of dollars sitting out. How can they not realize you have to pay for them before they’re usable

We had a seasonal cashier take them and sell them on craigslist and just pocket the cash. They were inactivated

Me: would you like any bags?
Lady: pardon?
Me: do you want a bag for your stuff?
Lady: like... a big bag?
Me: I don’t have any big bags but I have these *gestures to bags*
Lady: what are you asking me?
Me: WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY FOR A BAG
Lady: oh.. no
Me: alright no bags
*scans stuff puts it on the counter, finishes transaction*
Lady: why isn’t my stuff in a bag?
Me: you said you didn’t want any bags