Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

I’ve had many people call gift receipts “gift cards” then get confused when I ask how much they want on it. And they’re like “no, a gift card” and I hold it up and I’m like “yes, a gift card” and they’re like “no, to return it!!” And then I’m like “OH, you mean a gift RECEIPT” and then they get embarrassed and are like “oh, yeah..” lmao

I’ve had many people call gift receipts “gift cards” then get confused when I ask how much they want on it. And they’re like “no, a gift card” and I hold it up and I’m like “yes, a gift card” and they’re like “no, to return it!!” And then I’m like “OH, you mean a gift RECEIPT” and then they get embarrassed and are like “oh, yeah..” lmao
I once had one guest crash two self checkouts by requesting a gift receipt for a gift card

I can totally see how the people programming those things would never think to include that particular scenario, especially since gift receipt returns get you...the amount back on a gift card.

OMG. My GSTL and I had a guest like this at the Photo Lab of my old store. The guest made an order for over 100 5x8 photos(not the standard size, very slow to print and very expensive). We'd told her it was going to be expensive before started printing, but she said to go ahead. Prints are finally finished and she decides she doesn't like them. We remake the order in the standard size(4x6) and she has the gall to ask for the 5x8 for free(over a dollar per photo) since we were going to throw them away. My GSTL just stared at her as she dropped the 5x8s in the trash, then told her no. Probably the closest I've seen that GSTL come to snapping at a guest.
Report people like this to AP. I think this is one of the reasons most stores got rid of the Photo lab.

Me: Are you using Cartwheel or any coupons today?
G: Not unless you have any to give me.
---------
G: Can I use your discount?
---------
G: That was supposed to be clearance!
Me: It's not clearance.
G: But it was on the clearance rack!
Me: Only items with orange CLEARANCE stickers are clearance. Another guest must have put it there.
---------
G: Is Starbucks closed?
Me: She's on lunch.
G: But I want a drink.
Me: By state law she must take a lunch at this time. There's a Starbucks across the street.
G: But I'm here and you have Starbucks so why should I have to go across the street for my drink?
--------
G: I'll keep the hangers.
Me: I'm sorry but we are not allowed to let guests keep the hangers anymore. It's a directive from way above my pay grade.
G: But what if I really want them?
Just make it right for her. Give her everything she wants until she rips off your uniform. Haaahaa!!

They must be too used to the 'Vibe' era at Target that when an end to it came, they get infuriated because they were able to be in so-called control over us.

Stop returning food! It is gross. You bought it to eat it not to bring it back all soggy and thawed, etc. Or when they would return hot dogs and say they were bought here and were already expired. They likely bought fresh ones and swap out the old ones sitting in the fridge and use that receipt to return and get $$ back.

Target should do a no return policy on food. Or limit it to a 5 day time frame. If they really want to please the guests, then they can accept it and apply a 25% QMOSing fee to the refund.

Guest: Here, talk to my wife. (He tries to give me his phone) She can tell you what exactly the item is

Me: Sorry sir, I'm not allowed to talk on a cell phone while working.

Guest walks up while it’s not crowded

“Oh hahaha let me give you something to do, you all are just waiting for me hahahahaha”

Me: *bangs head against the wall*
My favorite is while I'm almost sprinting around the store trying to finish SFS picking and they tell me that. What part of a stressed FFTM sweating and speedwalking with a 3-tier full of crap says "not busy" to them?

"IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SEVENTY PERCENT OFF BUT IT ONLY TOOK FIFTY PERCENT OFF???"

okay first of all, the sign says ticked items as marked and there's a fucking sticker with the price on it so if you could drop your attitude with me that'd be great

one lady actually tried to fight me on this and she was rude so i didn't adjust it for her

another really sweet lady had the same problem, but she was nice so i made it right for her

"IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SEVENTY PERCENT OFF BUT IT ONLY TOOK FIFTY PERCENT OFF???"

okay first of all, the sign says ticked items as marked and there's a fucking sticker with the price on it so if you could drop your attitude with me that'd be great

one lady actually tried to fight me on this and she was rude so i didn't adjust it for her

another really sweet lady had the same problem, but she was nice so i made it right for her
The one I get a lot, and I hate, "The sign says 30% off. Is that 30% off the price on the clearance sticker?" Um, no, 30% off the original price. First, why would any business take the time to put stickers on everything that says clearance, lists a price 30% lower than the clearly listed original price, and then put up a sign that also says clearance that is an additional 30% off that price? Second, #1 is so utterly ridiculous of a thought that no one actually believes it, so I know that you guests that ask that are trying to run a scam.

Guest got irritated that I wouldn't fudge a coupon that wouldn't go through, and expressed that she knew it was another retailers coupon, and that she was "very disappointed" in us that we wouldn't "take another retailers coupon." :confused:
I eyerolled so hard my eyes fell out of my head
Me: sorry ma’am this is the local grocery stores coupon

Guest: so?

Guest got irritated that I wouldn't fudge a coupon that wouldn't go through, and expressed that she knew it was another retailers coupon, and that she was "very disappointed" in us that we wouldn't "take another retailers coupon." :confused:

I eyerolled so hard my eyes fell out of my head

Me: sorry ma’am this is the local grocery stores coupon

Guest: so?

Had someone who tried giving me a voided out coupon from fred Myers. Dhd was not happy when I rejected it.

I really just want the signs to not say "30% or more" but say "up to 30% off".

I really just want the signs to not say "30% or more" but say "up to 30% off".
30% or more isn't the problem. The problem is 50% or more and 70% or more signs existing. Especially side by side with the 30%. There's not a reason in the world why all clearance that is at least 30% off can't all go under just the one sign.

30% or more isn't the problem. The problem is 50% or more and 70% or more signs existing. Especially side by side with the 30%. There's not a reason in the world why all clearance that is at least 30% off can't all go under just the one sign.

honestly 99% of our clearance stuff has stickers on it so i'd be fine with them ditching the % off number because it's just confusing to the guest

Back