Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

I don't get why it is so freaking hard to grasp that Target sublets some space to CVS and they are two separate businesses.
And the ATM too. I had a guest yell at me bc the ATM wasn’t taking her pin and I needed to give her the money. Like no carol call the number on the ATM it’s not my fault

The ones I get a lot are why Target.com prices are different than in store prices. Same reason prices differ between stores honey.

I don't think I would ever return alcohol...... seems "unnatural". My home is sort of a "preservation" for booze, albeit brief. Any bottle would be happy to join it's "friends" in our bar. The more the merrier, right? And, Yetive...... there's a completely separate bar just for Wine :)
I thought I was the only person to have a separate “wine bar” :cool::p

I don't get why it is so freaking hard to grasp that Target sublets some space to CVS and they are two separate businesses.
THANK YOU!!! I had a lady yesterday that just didn’t grasp the concept. Even after I said “like the bank at *other store* down the street?” She didn’t comprehend how it could be done” :rolleyes:

People try to give me their phone numbers for the CVS rewards all the time. Actual conversation I had once:
Me: “why are you giving me your phone number?”
Guest: “for my rewards?”
Me: “we don’t have a rewards system.”
Guest: “yes you do”
Me: “I’m pretty sure I’d know if we did”
Guest: “well I gave them my phone number when I picked up my prescription so yes you do”
Me: “that’s for CVS. This is target”
Guest: “it’s the same building”
Me: “I am not a CVS employee and this is not a CVS register so I can’t access your CVS rewards.”
Guest: “can’t you just try?”
Me: “there’s literally nowhere for me to put in a phone number on my target register”
Guest: *huffs and puffs the rest of the transaction*

The ones I get a lot are why Target.com prices are different than in store prices. Same reason prices differ between stores honey.
Me: target.com just has different sales and all that than the stores sometimes
Guest: WELL TARGET IS TARGET
ok obviously fucking not if the prices are different

Me: target.com just has different sales and all that than the stores sometimes
Guest: WELL TARGET IS TARGET
ok obviously fucking not if the prices are different
What I don't get is why some guests get so upset about it. The first thing I tell guests in this situation is that I can match it. Some still wanna be mad, even though they're paying the Target.com price in the end.

People try to give me their phone numbers for the CVS rewards all the time. Actual conversation I had once:
Me: “why are you giving me your phone number?”
Guest: “for my rewards?”
Me: “we don’t have a rewards system.”
Guest: “yes you do”
Me: “I’m pretty sure I’d know if we did”
Guest: “well I gave them my phone number when I picked up my prescription so yes you do”
Me: “that’s for CVS. This is target”
Guest: “it’s the same building”
Me: “I am not a CVS employee and this is not a CVS register so I can’t access your CVS rewards.”
Guest: “can’t you just try?”
Me: “there’s literally nowhere for me to put in a phone number on my target register”
Guest: *huffs and puffs the rest of the transaction*
“Can’t you just try” I HATE these people. Like ok Susan how do you propose I try?

Maybe I should compare it to a mall, how the business that owns the building rents out spaces to other businesses. Think that will work?

I tried to explain to someone that they couldn’t use CVS coupons in our store and tried telling them the analogy of a store in a mall renting out the space and she literally said “I don’t care how it works because that’s not my problem it’s all in the same building” so some people just desperately cling to their stupidity no matter what

Maybe I should compare it to a mall, how the business that owns the building rents out spaces to other businesses. Think that will work?
I usually just say the following, and it seems to work.

"This is a target. This building is owned and operated by Target. There is a CVS Pharmacy inside, which is operated by CVS. We are not connected in any way, except for the fact they rent space from us"

I usually just say the following, and it seems to work.

"This is a target. This building is owned and operated by Target. There is a CVS Pharmacy inside, which is operated by CVS. We are not connected in any way, except for the fact they rent space from us"

For some reason I read that with a tone in your voice that adds on, "And you are an idiot." without actually saying it.

For some reason I read that with a tone in your voice that adds on, "And you are an idiot." without actually saying it.
When you get to the point of having to say all that, you've already said a couple of times that they are a separate business and were ignored. I get that all the time on the phone, they want to be transferred to the pharmacy, and I have to explain I can't do that because they are a separate business with a separate line. A few people are nice about it, and I'm enough of an asshole that those nice people get told that if they call back and choose the prompt for the pharmacy it'll transfer them to CVS' standard automated greeting. Most people though act stupid and take out their frustration about having to call another number on me, and when I get to having to get as specific as Amanda's speech, I've already told them that it's a CVS pharmacy not Target's, that we just provide space for them, and told them a second time that I cannot transfer them, with them insisting that it is Target's.

Then they want the number and I honestly don't have that number. I can't even remember my daughter's phone number or my parents' phone numbers, I'm not going to exert brain cells to memorize a phone number solely for the benefit of people who are mean to me. Some ask how to get that, um, Google? Look at your pill bottle?

Yeah I also read the "you're an idiot" into Tessa's comment and awe in Commie's response to it.

"Thank you for calling Target."
"Transfer me to the pharmacy."
"I'm sorry, the pharmacy is CVS and has a separate phone line, I cannot transfer you. You will need to call them directly."
"But they're in Target. They're your pharmacy."
"No, they are a separate business, they are CVS. That's why I cannot transfer you."
"They're your pharmacy, I get my prescriptions from you guys all the time."

This is a common conversation, and it keeps going when it comes to how are they going to find the phone number. So I think at this point in the conversation the person has proven to be an idiot because they just don't seem to understand "CVS, separate business".

If a guest is rude to me I go full on passive aggressive make you feel bad mode.

to people who come to Guest service to check out I will literally “forget” to bag their items at first just so they can say “oh can you bag this” just so I can hit them with “oh I’m so sorry we just don’t usually ring people up here so I’m not used to it so sorry”

-notices a guy looking passionately at my yogurt wall-

"Hi! Do you need help finding anything?"

"uhh yeah, you guys don't seem to have any regular yogurt anymore, you got all this... fancy stuff now."

"Oh, regular yogurt? Well, we have Chobani... Fage... simply balanced..."

"No no I just want regular yogurt."

"Oh, like a plain yogurt?"

"No no no regular yogurt, just regular yogurt, do you know what I'm talking about?"

"Umm... well, as far as regular yogurt goes, I'm not sure what that is, but do you have a specific flavor of yogurt in mind?"

"Strawberry banana"

-shows him the $1 cup of Chobani Strawberry Banana-

"Ehhh, it's $1, too expensive... ahh, that's fine, I'll go shop at Cub Food, thanks anyways!"

---

Guy was really chill and nice, but god damn lol. What more can I do what the fuck is regular Yogurt. After I got off tonight, I started to realize I think he wanted yoplait yogurt, since for some reason we've gotten rid of all of our yoplait for some dumb ass reason.

That one actually makes some sense to me.Greek yogurt is a different than "regular" yogurt, and my store the yogurt wall is mostly Greek yogurt, followed by yogurt aimed at kids with maybe a handful of "regular" options that are mostly kinda expensive so I kinda get it.

That's what I love about male guests. They're straightforward. They want something specific and they want to be in and out quickly. They don't meander around like most of the women in softlines.

Once, a dude approached me in infant softlines and asked:

"I'm trying to find size 2T leggings for my daughter?"

I showed him the table with three rows of folded leggings in an assortment of different patterns.

"So this whole table is 2T?"

"No sir, they're organized by color. See, the ones at the top are smaller and 2T is at the bottom of each pile. "

He stared at it blankly for a few seconds, then said "Yeah this is pretty complicated. I think I'll let my wife handle this." and walked away.

Men seem to respond pretty well to concrete questions and then being handed something. Even if it's not right, they will tell you what they want that it doesn't have, and half the time it's right enough that they take it and leave. Once getting him to the table, I'd ask what color he wanted and if it's daily wear or a special event. Most guys, second or third one they'd walk away with, and with me handing them over and replacing them, the table doesn't get messy(er).

Back