Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Men seem to respond pretty well to concrete questions and then being handed something. Even if it's not right, they will tell you what they want that it doesn't have, and half the time it's right enough that they take it and leave. Once getting him to the table, I'd ask what color he wanted and if it's daily wear or a special event. Most guys, second or third one they'd walk away with, and with me handing them over and replacing them, the table doesn't get messy(er).

Yep, I've started doing that now. Especially if it's a man shopping for women's clothes.

I'm hoping that @IWishIKnew 's comment is directed at the guy being a douche to his wife by not making even a token effort before dropping it in her lap.

Yes. Basically by being that particular breed of parent who, when asked to perform a relatively simple task, finds a way to either fuck it up royally or forget how to adult long enough to dump the task back into the lap of the other parent, who has been doing that task for months or years and thought (HAHA!) that JUST THIS ONE TIME their co-parent might be able to handle a task like getting a pair (any pair) of leggings in a particular size, only to find that they seem to have conveniently forgotten how sizes and colors work on clothing.

I have absolutely no patience for these people.

“I have a return.”
Okay do you have the receipt?
“No.”
Did you pay card or cash?
“I used my red card.”
Oh perfect! Go ahead and insert it in the card reader
“I don’t have it with me.”
??????
Or when they just lay their card on the counter or shove it in my face after I said twice to insert it

“I have a return.”
Okay do you have the receipt?
“No.”
Did you pay card or cash?
“I used my red card.”
Oh perfect! Go ahead and insert it in the card reader
“I don’t have it with me.”
??????
That sounds like the phone call I got.
"Can I return (item)? I don't have my receipt."
"What form of payment did you use?"
"I used my card."
"No problem then. Just make sure you bring your card with you."
"I have a question. How do you guys get the purchase information from the card?"
"Well, GS will have you put your card in the reader and that will pull up the transaction."
"Oh, well my card isn't working. Can I still return (item)?"
:rolleyes: "Hold for GS."

That sounds like the phone call I got.
"Can I return (item)? I don't have my receipt."
"What form of payment did you use?"
"I used my card."
"No problem then. Just make sure you bring your card with you."
"I have a question. How do you guys get the purchase information from the card?"
"Well, GS will have you put your card in the reader and that will pull up the transaction."
"Oh, well my card isn't working. Can I still return (item)?"
:rolleyes: "Hold for GS."
If both their chip AND swipe are broken we won’t be able to look it up. If either works, they’d be fine. Even if the accounts been deactivated we can look it up on the card then put it on a GC

If both their chip AND swipe are broken we won’t be able to look it up. If either works, they’d be fine. Even if the accounts been deactivated we can look it up on the card then put it on a GC
Thanks for the info.

And that is why I transferred the call. I didn't know if it'd be a no receipt return on a merchandise card or if something else could be done. Or if it was someone wanting to "return" an item that wasn't purchased there and was hoping to bypass the no receipt return in order to get cash by claiming it was bought on a no longer functional card.

Clueless guest: I was lookin for X, but there’s only 1 on the shelf. Do you have more in the back?
Coworker: I have no way to check as we are CVS back here, you’ll have to find a Target team member.
CG: how do I do that?
CW: look for someone in red and khali
CG: where do I look?
CW: on the floor, there’s usually someone in cosmetics
CG: but where can I find one for sure?
CW: I can’t tell you, they work in different areas around the store
CG: isn’t there like a schedule or something you can look at yo see where they are?
CW: not really, as they don’t really work that way. You can go up by self-checkout and there should be someone up there who can call someone over to help you
CG: and what would that person look like?
CW: they’ll be in red and khaki
CG: and they work for Target?
CW: yes. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Clueless guest: I was lookin for X, but there’s only 1 on the shelf. Do you have more in the back?
Coworker: I have no way to check as we are CVS back here, you’ll have to find a Target team member.
CG: isn’t there like a schedule or something you can look at yo see where they are?
CW: not really, as they don’t really work that way. You can go up by self-checkout and there should be someone up there who can call someone over to help you
Tell them to go to the price scanner and use the phone.

or guest service

when a guest comes up with products that do not even exist. They just start off describing it the thing that is like a bag but you put the plates individually inside and then you put it in the cabinet and then you can stack plates while covered. Or the pen that corrects a color while washing but not the stain remover pen. I want a wash bag different colors but on the site they have all clear ones and only the zippers are a different color lol or just a pack of a solid white one. or they ask for a manger about how an LED lights last after just going on google to see an estimated amount they think a manger is gonna have the answer even if i just googled it LOL!

Omg how on earth could I have forgotten.... when some thing is out of stock in the back and the floor and the guest still wants you to check the back room even though there is nothing there and not even a shipment expected date is listed lol and still insist on checking the backroom!

me, doing returns and exchanges: "hi how can i help you today"
gretchen: "i'm good how are you? that's good!"

THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU

Omg how on earth could I have forgotten.... when some thing is out of stock in the back and the floor and the guest still wants you to check the back room even though there is nothing there and not even a shipment expected date is listed lol and still insist on checking the backroom!
Yeh, we call that an unscheduled break.

I had a guest waiting for her son to try things on in the fitting room, when he was ready he tried to get her attention by calling for her, understandably a little awkward to walk out of the fitting room entirely, but she was seemingly preoccupied staring off into the distance after like 30 seconds when I noticed she wasn't hearing him I kindly I let her know her son was calling for her. When she looked back my way she asked me and my coworker at the fitting room if we were playing "ocean sounds" in our store. My coworker and I looked at each other confused and told her that we weren't..

It was just the sound of the maintenance crew vacuuming that she was fascinated by.

Back