Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

HRZone

Former ETL HR
(Snotty teenage girl)

"And I turned the car on thinking my mom had left me a half tank of gas, there was only 1/4th a tank! I was like what the heck"

"Hey LOD?"
-literally half a second later-
"Hey, was someone looking for the LOD?" or "YES THAT IS ME !!! IM THE LOD!!! HAHAHA EHEHEH!!!! THAT IS ME, WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU"

I just realized this is a thread for guests, not team members.

But I guess it still fits. :p

Last edited:
*guest watches me make a hot caramel macchiato all the way to completion*
"Oh, did I say iced? I meant iced!"
*makes iced caramel macchiato & takes hot one over to trash can*
"Oh! Can I have that one too? I mean, since you're just gonna throw it away...."
*me tosses it in trash*

Last edited:
*guest watches me make a hot caramel macchiato all the way to completion*
"Oh, did I say iced? I meant iced!"
*makes iced caramel macchiato & takes hot one over to trash can*
"Oh! Can I have that one too? I mean, since you're just gonna throw it away...."
*me tosses it in trash*

OMG. My GSTL and I had a guest like this at the Photo Lab of my old store. The guest made an order for over 100 5x8 photos(not the standard size, very slow to print and very expensive). We'd told her it was going to be expensive before started printing, but she said to go ahead. Prints are finally finished and she decides she doesn't like them. We remake the order in the standard size(4x6) and she has the gall to ask for the 5x8 for free(over a dollar per photo) since we were going to throw them away. My GSTL just stared at her as she dropped the 5x8s in the trash, then told her no. Probably the closest I've seen that GSTL come to snapping at a guest.

( G)Can I buy your display model (blender)?

We cut the cords off our displays so I can't sell it to you.

(G) How about for a discount?

Still can't legally sell you the display

(G) Im taking liability so the product would be sold as is.

I apologize we can not sell you the display model

(G) How about you just give it to me for free?

:::Bangs head::::

Looks like we are having a miscommunication on why I can't or anyone in this building sell you the display. The product doesn't work even with the cord cut off or replaced. If you want I can sell you this blender for a discount as an inconvenience.

(G) So that blender, what are you going to do with it?

Its going in the trash where we will have it crushed into a million pieces.

(G) Ill just come back later...maybe someone else will give me the display..

Me: (Running out of patience and smiling through it) Sir, I can no longer help you, but if you go to guest services, they can help you out
Guest: No, but I want you to see that you didn't do this right!
(Line continues growing)
M: Sir, I really can't help you any further since I completed the transaction...
G: NO, YOU'RE NOT LETTING ME EXPLAIN!!!
M: Sir, I *have to* get to these other guests, I really do *turns to help next person*
G: BUT NO, YOU WON'T LET ME EXPLAIN!!!
M: Sir, please, they can help you at the desk...
G: But...Oh, all right, since you won't help me.
:rolleyes: Head, meet register a million times over.

During Q4 I was operator. I have an accent.
Me:"Thank you for calling Target in XXXX can I help you find something?"
G: "Oh God are you one of those people on the phone?"
Me:" Yes ma'am I am on the phone. How can I help you?"
G:"No I mean are you even in the same country as I am? Are you physically in the store or do you work on the phone?"
Me: "Ma'am if you are asking me if you reached a call center. The answer is no. Unfortunately I AM in the store located in XXXX. I wish I wasn't but I am. Now can I help you find something?"

During Q4 I was operator. I have an accent.
Me:"Thank you for calling Target in XXXX can I help you find something?"
G: "Oh God are you one of those people on the phone?"
Me:" Yes ma'am I am on the phone. How can I help you?"
G:"No I mean are you even in the same country as I am? Are you physically in the store or do you work on the phone?"
Me: "Ma'am if you are asking me if you reached a call center. The answer is no. Unfortunately I AM in the store located in XXXX. I wish I wasn't but I am. Now can I help you find something?"

HAHAHA I'm gonna start using an accent every time I answer a call for service desk! This will be FUN!

"Why is it $$$?? THE SIGN SAID IT WAS 4 for $$$$!"
"Yes ma'am it is, but with tax it's..."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, ma'am I am."
"Well, OK, but the sign said.."

Yep and taxes are a thing... Hard to believe people are that stupid that they don't figure tax into a purchase.

Plus it just makes me feel more guilty about having a health issue that will make me need time off.

Nah, don't feel bad. They'd say it even when the lines are moving just because they cant STAND waiting. It's really nothing the GSTL or GSA can control either as TMs get off at various times throughout the day and backup doesn't always arrive immediately.

Back