Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

At my store we're told to always check ID. Also you can look up by wallet? that's sick.

@mobilelady @tmap98 (sorry I know I've been tagging both of you lately)... order details page in mygo needs to show alternate's name too... for stores that still do have to check ID with t.com barcode.
Not sure, I have passed this on to check if this will be in the new Pickup app.

Phone call from tonight:

Me: Thank you for calling Target. My name is MoreForLess. How can I help you?
Guest: Hi, I was in there yesterday and bought some fruit cups. When I got home, they were leaking all over the place. I want a replacement.
Me: Sure. If you bring the merch and receipt in, we should have no problem doing an exchange for you.
G: I already threw away the fruit cups. Do I really have to bring them back?
Me: Yes, you do.
G: That’s ridiculous. I’m emailing corporate office.
Me: Okay. Thank you for calling Target. Have a nice evening

Like, what store ANYWHERE accepts returns/exchanges without the merchandise?

Lmaoo I get this question all the time “I bought some meat and it was bad can I get a refund” “yeah just bring it in and we’ll return it” “I already threw it away” “I can’t return it without actually getting the product back” scoff like “bad” my ass you probably ate all of it already

Lmaoo I get this question all the time “I bought some meat and it was bad can I get a refund” “yeah just bring it in and we’ll return it” “I already threw it away” “I can’t return it without actually getting the product back” scoff like “bad” my ass you probably ate all of it already
someone does this with dog food. The dog always hates the exact same kind of food yet eats ¾ of it.

A guest showed me a small rip in a box, let's say it was a blender; then said there was one other of the same item on the shelf, but she doesn't feel like running back to get it. Looks expectantly at me. I say I cannot go run for it and leave the register. She asks if she can have a discount. I put my finger in the rip and it is so small, and you can feel the inner packaging intact, so no harm to the item inside. She wants a TL.

A TL comes over and hears the whole story, including seeing my finger in the box rip. She says the guest can have it 10% off. The guest asks can she have 10% off of the other blender without the rip in the box? The TL shows slight annoyance and says no, 10% off this one or full price on the other one. The guest takes the 10% off the ripped one.

A guest showed me a small rip in a box, let's say it was a blender; then said there was one other of the same item on the shelf, but she doesn't feel like running back to get it. Looks expectantly at me. I say I cannot go run for it and leave the register. She asks if she can have a discount. I put my finger in the rip and it is so small, and you can feel the inner packaging intact, so no harm to the item inside. She wants a TL.

A TL comes over and hears the whole story, including seeing my finger in the box rip. She says the guest can have it 10% off. The guest asks can she have 10% off of the other blender without the rip in the box? The TL shows slight annoyance and says no, 10% off this one or full price on the other one. The guest takes the 10% off the ripped one.
My TL isn’t a pushover for that. You only get a discount if the actual item is damaged. A small amount of damage to the packaging doesn’t warrant a discount.

My TL isn’t a pushover for that. You only get a discount if the actual item is damaged. A small amount of damage to the packaging doesn’t warrant a discount.
My store is 10%. One time the new GSTL did 15 but that was only once. Everything else is 10 no haggle. One time the ETL GE said 5.

Like, what store ANYWHERE accepts returns/exchanges without the merchandise?

The big local grocery chain around here. If you buy something and get it home and its bad, you bring your receipt back for a refund.

Presumably if you wait a week or two (or a high value item) there would be more questions, but if your sour cream is fuzzy or a container is leaky, they don't want it back.

"This one time, when we were kids, we were playing with Tonka toys. You know, those indestructible ones? Well, we decided to drop a cee-ment block on a Tonka truck once and we squashed it."

(This was the only thing I remember from my 8 hour cashiering stint today.)

I get so annoyed and have to hide my annoyed face when a cashier calls me over because a guests wants to know how much they can get off if the packaging is damaged. We don't give a discount on damaged packaging, only if the actual item has damage. One guest was very angry because I wouldn't discount the $20 make your own necklace set for his daughter. The box was damaged but everything was in the box, nothing was missing. He was hoping to get it for $2 lol.
Or the guests who demand a discount because it's the last item on the shelf lol.
And then we have the guests, who ask if I can lower the price on a clearance item more. I had this guy bring up a baby gate that was already 70% off, he said oh it's the last one and I will buy it if you can make it even cheaper for me. I told him, that it was already 70% off and I could not get him any additional discounts. He got rude and tried to haggle even more. Finally he said fine I just won't get it then and sat it down, hoping I would budge. The lady behind him picked it up and said wow this is cheap, I will buy it, went to SCO and bought it 😄.

I had this guy bring up a baby gate that was already 70% off, he said oh it's the last one and I will buy it if you can make it even cheaper for me. I told him, that it was already 70% off and I could not get him any additional discounts. He got rude and tried to haggle even more. Finally he said fine I just won't get it then and sat it down, hoping I would budge. The lady behind him picked it up and said wow this is cheap, I will buy it, went to SCO and bought it 😄.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Instant Karma!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Omg I hate the “this is the last one can I get a discount” like what is even the thought process behind this? What? You’re not special for buying something that apparently a lot of other people are buying too??

Or “I’m making a big purchase today, can I get a discount since I’m spending so much?” Ummm no one is forcing you to spend so much????

Today a lady was wanting to return an alarm clock (considered an electronic) that she bought in January. I scanned her receipt, scanned the clock, “you can’t do this refund” popped up. I looked at the receipt, under the alarm clock it said “return by 2/10/19”. I said “oh sorry you can’t return this your receipt is expired” she said “you are seriously telling me I’m stuck with this alarm clock? I don’t want it.” “Yep says right here you had to return it by the 10th.” “Well no one told me that.” “You were informed the second you purchased the item and your receipt printed out with the date you needed to return it by on it. Sorry you didn’t see it.” “Well you people need to have a better policy on informing your customers on your STUPID return policy” ok lady I’ll keep that in mind, next

Isn't it funny, that the people who harp about positivity are always really terrible, hateful, people?

fuck off you sour puss, why do you feel it's necessary to leave a snarky remark instead of just going to that forum yourself. Have fun being a "GSA4lyfe" ya bum
You seriously have nothing better to do than bitch about this thread? Seriously? I just made an account and wanted a simple discussion. Not everyone has sat on this thread for years and analyzed every topic like you. Cant relate. Go take your miserable self somewhere else. Your"gsa for lyfe" title is really getting to you huh because your annoying and rude. Whos proud to even be a GSA for life. Yikes.
Lol people are so sensitive. Also it’s a handle... princess and piggie lover don’t exactly scream “success” either. Just stating there’s no need to start another thread on the same topic. Learn to relax

LMAO exactly right!! When being a gsa is life so much that you make it your username. 😂Dudes been sitting on a target thread since 2017. Cant relate.

Ha, your thread got merged.

Lol people are so sensitive. Also it’s a handle... princess and piggie lover don’t exactly scream “success” either. Just stating there’s no need to start another thread on the same topic. Learn to relax
you weren't just stating something, you had a snippy comment of telling her to learn how to use the search bar just mine your own business if you have nothing positive to add.. keyboard warrior

Learn to stop being judgmental over a post that wasn't even bothering you. Would hate to work alongside you. Alot of your replies seem critical. Evaluate that your sitting on a target forum being critical behind a computer screen with the title of "gsa for life". Cmon now.

Back