Archived Guest Service Crosstraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the softlines girl at my store are GS trained. Heck I'm a PA and I'm crosstrained there (but I'm crosstrained in everything).

Darn it, I've seen how the Guest Service desk gets at our store and it's a nightmare! I'm really hoping I don't get any shifts for it in the near future, I'm slowly getting over my social anxiety (just started doing cashier shifts this wk in addition to softlines) but I feel like doing gs is going to mess me up. :(

One of the ladies that works in SL and HL frequently comes up and covers shifts for GS. She prefers doing SL tho

Training costs payroll. There's no reason to spend payroll to train a TM in a workcenter they don't want to work in unless you have shifts in that workcenter you can't otherwise cover; and it makes sense spending that payroll on a willing or ambivalent TM rather than one who doesn't want to train there. I wouldn't worry about it.

Our soft lines folks are the closest Tm's to GS. It makes sense for a quick backup. Some stores have the operator station at GS.

None of our SL girls are trained for the Service Desk. Our GSTL decides who gets cross trained at the service desk. Personally I love working at the service desk, even with the crazies and scammers lol. I have no problem declining a scammers return and my leaders back me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back