Archived Guest Service Out of Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest Service at my store is just a joke. They don't follow any rules at all. One day we had a guest come and price match four ps4s. Everyone knows you can only price match one ps4 and even worse there is a big white sign that says it in front of guest service. But the guest service team members don't know the policy and the GSAs and GSTLs don't either.
And today the guest service team member returned 5 opened video games and just tossed them in my buggy. Everyone knows you can only exchange open video games for the same game. So I gave the games to the GSA and told her you need to talk to your team member. She looked at me said "what are we suppose to do with them?". I just walked away after that. I just want to call cooperate because it's ridiculous. Is it this crazy at other stores?

Probably.
Don't you know we're giving the store away these days. Whatever the guests wants, we give them. Whatever they say the price is, we adjust the price.
So annoying!

I don't even try caring anymore. When I backup cashier, I just change the price/give the guest whatever. Because I know if it came down to the guest being the least little bit upset, I would be thrown under the bus. So I don't even question it.

I don't even try caring anymore. When I backup cashier, I just change the price/give the guest whatever. Because I know if it came down to the guest being the least little bit upset, I would be thrown under the bus. So I don't even question it.
I'm like that about 90% of the time but sometimes I just know the guest read the sign wrong (buy one, get one 50% off and they think 1 item is 50% off...buy 3 and get a gift card, not buy 1 and get a gift card...buy xxx and get a 1oz item free, not buy xxx and get another one free). They just don't READ the sign. THAT is NOT my fault. I just get tired of giving everything away. *sigh*
A couple of weeks ago, a guest was buying a $40 tree skirt. Said some guy in the back told her she could have it for $5 because there were several on a peg for $5. I thought to myself, There is NO way I'm overriding an item for that much money. So I called GSA over and guess what? She said Yeah, go ahead. I'm still waiting to be questioned on that one. If they do, I'm prepared to say Roll video because I asked the GSA first. lol

No way they'd question that.

I made a $120 tree today be $60, no one will question me. Guaranteed.

I found a a DVD from the store across the street, complete with big price sticker with store name on the front of DVD. It had to be a return, so guest service took it, someone re-shopped it and finally I pulled it off the shelf. Who knows how long it had been there.

/facepalm

I think there should be specific prompts for video games, coupled with requiring to scan the seal that goes on the right side of the game when the game is being purchased or returned. So it would have to ask whether the game is open, and if that question is answered yes then it forces an exchange. If not you have to scan the seal on the side. It already does this if you defect the item when you return it, I just think it needs to be clearer about the "no returns on open games."

The main issue is a lack of common sense and knowledge of policy. This whole "vibe" thing has made everyone forget what policy is, so of course you're going to find open video games returned and put back on the shelf, multiple price matches, etc, etc, etc. I always love it when guests come to my store which hasn't completely forgotten what policy is most days, and they get all pissy because all the other targets in the area just "do it" for them.

Just smile at them and be even more polite and nice.

They hate that shit!

They wanna get a rise outta you... don't give that to them.

;)

Yeah those stores just giving things away like that will eventually be talked to by corporate. For now, it is unfortunately up to the STL and if he/she says it's okay for Guest Service to price match four PS4s then listen to them; ultimately that will be on them.

Someone tried to return just a laptop and its charger to us the other day. The only thing that was visibly wrong with it was the 2 key was popped off. Someone thought it was a good idea to exchange it for a new laptop and charger, and repackage the old laptop and put it back out for sale.

A guest bought it shortly after that happened, and brought it back about an hour later because there was a password on the laptop.

A guest bought it shortly after that happened, and brought it back about an hour later because there was a password on the laptop.

Who else thinks the first guest was probably the type to complain about the credit card hack??

Why didn't the team member check the laptop... And the fact they put it back on the floor is real stupid.
Yep anything with personal data not reset , and resold, can be grounds for stolen information, and, a possible lawsuit. Just crc all electronics with personal info unless your Electronics tm can fully factory reset. If a password is on it, crc anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back