Archived Guest Survey Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for this one to make our board - I got stopped by an older guest the other day while pushing a CAF - she asked for a manager, so I asked her why so I would know why(and not just because I'm nosy)...she holds up a greeting card, and on the front it says "Dude....WTF?".....she said it was highly offensive to her, and she wanted something done......I asked the LOD about it later, she just rolled her eyes and sighed.....too funny.....
Sounds like the time Wynnona Judd came to my store, and a number of the Front Lane tabloids had her DUI mugshot on the front page. She demand that the LOD take them down while she was in the store.

Sounds like the time Wynnona Judd came to my store, and a number of the Front Lane tabloids had her DUI mugshot on the front page. She demand that the LOD take them down while she was in the store.

Priceless! :D

"Get a drive-thru for the pharmacy."

The store is in the middle of a plaza. How the hell could we get a drive-thru?

Guess she didnt want people knowing she was a law breaking criminal.

We had one recently thanking us for upgrading the toilet paper holder in the family bathroom, but that she's injured herself on it 3 times since it installed.......

We had one recently thanking us for upgrading the toilet paper holder in the family bathroom, but that she's injured herself on it 3 times since it installed.......

OOH! That's one of my favorites. I've been trying to figure out how she did that everytime I go in there:unknw:

Yeah okay we just won't ask people and get terrible service scores...... Seriously?
I prefer to not be asked when I am in stores. Just be around and if I need help, I will ask someone. Less annoying than having a half a dozen people constantly bothering you. Obviously you have to do your job but when shopping, I don't like it.

Yeah okay we just won't ask people and get terrible service scores...... Seriously?

Sheesh, of course you have to still say cihyfs. I do too. BUT when I am the guest in a business, I don't like to be bothered. Just my personal opinion.

I'm just saying, a lot of people do like being asked. Some people can be kinda timid about going up asking for help, so they love it when people come up asking them if they need help. Personally, I don't really care if people ask me or not, if I need help I'll find the nearest TM. Now if theres no TMs around..... Then I'm kinda pissed :D haha.

Anyways to each their own.

"Stop asking me if you can help me find something. I can't get to one end of the store before I'm asked a dozen times."

I agree with the guest. I feel like that after being asked once. If I need something I'll ask. If you are too scared to ask for something then you're going to have a very difficult life. And this is coming from someone who is pretty shy.

That is the reason I only ask guests who look like they need something rather than ask just any guest like our ETLs want us to do.

"Stop asking me if you can help me find something. I can't get to one end of the store before I'm asked a dozen times."

We got one like this recently except it ended with "I feel like I'm being stalked every time I shop here because everyone keeps asking me if they can help me find something"

made me laugh

I hate when people come up to me asking if I need help. If I needed help, I would have asked you. I'm just shopping and looking around. To keep service scores, all you have to do is have TMs available. If I'm shopping and I don't have to walk to the other end of the store to find a TM, I wouldn't say it was bad service.

If you're a gamer and you ever go to gamestop, you know how annoying it can be. It's a reason why I don't even go to gamestop unless I have to.

Normally, I make eye contact, say good morning, and ask cihyfs if they do look like they need something. I do understand the whole concept behind cihyfs and agree that the majority of guests do like being serviced to death. I know my husband loves it because he can't find anything if he is forced to shop alone. LOL!

I agree with the guest. I feel like that after being asked once. If I need something I'll ask. If you are too scared to ask for something then you're going to have a very difficult life. And this is coming from someone who is pretty shy.

That is the reason I only ask guests who look like they need something rather than ask just any guest like our ETLs want us to do.

At my store we used to do service walks (you would have to walk the floor and ask every guest CIHYFS) after lunches and breaks. At 9am in the morning when the flow 6am flow team would return to floor they would have to do that to the 1 or 2 guests in our store. Always seemed to be the same older people that would come into our store, as part of their mall walk.

Now we do it every hour on the hour instead. Each person with walkie calls out the areas they are going to walk.

Normally, I make eye contact, say good morning, and ask cihyfs if they do look like they need something. I do understand the whole concept behind cihyfs and agree that the majority of guests do like being serviced to death. I know my husband loves it because he can't find anything if he is forced to shop alone. LOL!

That's my approach.
If I get a grumpy or no response to Good Morning I'm not going to try anything further.
I also like to ask if they're finding what they need as a change up.
That way it's a positive response instead of a surly no and people seem to say 'thanks for asking' quite often.
Learned that trick from another signing person.

The problem with this is, the next TM you run into doesn't know that you've already been asked once.

Personally, I say "Are you finding everything okay?" and only do it to people who look like they're looking for something. I know, I know, it's not brand ;)

Has anyone ever thought/considered how many surveys they receive every week and how that impacts the numbers? (For example, in a week 200 people take the survey and the next week only 125 do, and how different the numbers could come up based on sample size). I've been thinking about that lately...

Has anyone ever thought/considered how many surveys they receive every week and how that impacts the numbers? (For example, in a week 200 people take the survey and the next week only 125 do, and how different the numbers could come up based on sample size). I've been thinking about that lately...

That's why we're always supposed to encourage guests to take the survey when we give them their receipts.

There's definitely a big impact. I was put in charge of driving surveys a couple of years back. We started holding contests to see which cashier could get the most guests to fill out a survey at the registry kiosk (the ones done at home count equally toward survey scores, but there's no way to track which cashier handed out those receipts), and the number of guests filling out the survey (in-store and at home) skyrocketed, and our survey scores went up with it. Most guests that come through are going to have good things to say, generally.

A lot guests that fill the survey out now are either the ones that had a bad experience and want to communicate it to HQ (as evidenced by those infamous survey comments) or the ones who just want the $5000 gift card. Getting more guests to fill out the survey will definitely bring your scores up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back