Archived Guest Survey Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once I read a guest comment along the lines of having people smile more, it looked like we were in a prison, or something like that, I just had to laugh when I read that.

I know this thread is normally about the obscure comments we get but we got a comment that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside this week. This goes out to the guest who said she appreciated the efforts of the GSTL/GSA (obviously didn't use those terms) that day who worked to reduce the wait time to checkout. She said she told the cashier but wanted to make sure corporate knew. I checked the date and time and saw it was a time when I was working. My job is normally very thankless. This comment was awesome to see! I'm glad some guests appreciate my efforts!

"We hate how you've changed everything around. Put it back."

"Make the pharmacy bigger."

"Your cashiers don't smile enough. They look bored. Also, have more lanes open so I don't have to wait."

Today I saw a comment about changing/lowering the state sales tax or something. Yes guest, let us get right on that, I forgot target controls the tax rate of the entire state, my bad, some people are complete idiots

Today I saw a comment about changing/lowering the state sales tax or something. Yes guest, let us get right on that, I forgot target controls the tax rate of the entire state, my bad, some people are complete idiots
At my store we get guests from a neighboring state where there is no sales tax and they want us to honor that. One guest went, as far as to ask for a manager. This guest told the LOD to just do it, as she going to return the item when she got home and repurchase if he did not. He then told her that was fine, as by state law he was required to charge her sales tax on her purchase, unless she has a tax exempt status. She then claimed that she did, because she from the other state that did not charge the tax. Left after that, so I am not sure what happened.

I think there is something that in Washington, Oregon residents don't have to pay sales tax. I think. I don't know how it works, but it isn't unheard of.

Doesn't matter where you live; just where you PURCHASED the item or if was for a tax-exempt entity. Living in a 'tax-free' area doesn't count.
On a different tack, we used to do tax reimbursements for a guy who was purchasing items for an out-of-country non-profit. Had to be done at guest services :p

Doesn't matter where you live; just where you PURCHASED the item or if was for a tax-exempt entity. Living in a 'tax-free' area doesn't count.
On a different tack, we used to do tax reimbursements for a guy who was purchasing items for an out-of-country non-profit. Had to be done at guest services :p

http://dor.wa.gov/Content/FindTaxesAndRates/RetailSalesTax/Nonresidents/default.aspx

Nope. If it is a product bring purchased for use in a tax exempt state by a resident of that state, then they don't need to charged sales tax.

In other words, if i live in Oregon and I go into a store in WA and buy a pair of jeans, all I would have to do is show my Oregon ID and the store should be able to ring that up as tax exempt. Now, they don't have to, but they can if they want to. If I go stay at a motel, because I'm using that service in WA, then I would have to pay the tax.

Read the link. It's actually fairly easy to understand.

I've never heard of this. At my store, the only guests who were tax-exempt themselves (without being involved with a non-profit, etc.) were Native Americans who live on a nearby reservation.

It may be unique to Washington state. I don't know of other states that do it. They might if they border states without sales tax and want stores on the borders to be competitive.

It may be unique to Washington state. I don't know of other states that do it. They might if they border states without sales tax and want stores on the borders to be competitive.

The state to our left has an agreement with our state that they get all sales over $50 tax exempt. The Canadian province to our north has the same deal but we can't do it at the register because they have to go through our state government.

Last edited:
"Carry more of this product."

No further explanation, just "this product". Do they really believe we get the item info from their receipt with the comments???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back