Archived Guests Say the Darndest Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never understand the hype for Starbucks, their coffee is absolutely terrible. Even the swill that the military occasionally sends to the field is better than what Starbucks passes off as coffee.

I had someone tell me that I just didn't order it right and to try it with some amount of syrups/foam/whatever. My response was "if that is what it takes to make it taste good, then you don't really like their coffee. You like syrup with a vague coffee flavor."

I can never understand the hype for Starbucks, their coffee is absolutely terrible. Even the swill that the military occasionally sends to the field is better than what Starbucks passes off as coffee.

I had someone tell me that I just didn't order it right and to try it with some amount of syrups/foam/whatever. My response was "if that is what it takes to make it taste good, then you don't really like their coffee. You like syrup with a vague coffee flavor."
thats why i drink dunkin or peets.

I had a guest bring up 2 different MEN'S electric shavers and ask "Have you ever used either of these? Which one is better? My husband's beard is really thick and his just died"

It's the way they roast their beans, much more towards a European style of coffee, actually kind of toned down in comparison.
But they also recognize that American pallets are kinda mild in the middle of the country so they have introduced the blondes.
If you don't like their standard coffee you will probably like the blondes.

I don't care for their coffee all that much because they auto-pull.
Sure it means that every shot is exactly the same and don't have to train their baristas to master grinding, tamping, and pulling but it means there is no artistry.
If I'm going to pay that much for a six shot mocha breve they had better be doing those shots by hand.

Had an old man in an electric scooter ask me if I wanted to go to his house and help him eat his groceries. Literally he said to me "Do you want to come to my house and help me eat my groceries?"
tumblr_n53abs0QQh1qa1s2no1_250.gif

"Where's your restroom?"

"Up at the front by the checklanes."

"But that's all the way on the other side, isn't there one closer?"

"No ma'am, there's not."

"Are you sure? Have you checked before?"

"Yes, yes I have."

"So I have to go all the way over there?"

"Unfortunately."

Because apparently we have the power to randomly materialize restrooms out of a solid wall.

It was probably just her way of asking to use the TM restrooms...but seriously it's not that far to walk up front!!

for me when i have a guest at my register just about to leave and they tell me not to work too hard. I smile and go back to business. I know they mean well but what can i say to that? it depends on the guests it's not really up to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back