Archived Guests Say the Darndest Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering toys before Christmas
"Can you help me find a game?"
"Sure, what one are you looking for?"
"I don't know what it's called"
"Ok, well what is the purpose of the game?"
"I don't know. It's blue."
Facepalm

"Where are your Christmas trees?"
"We're sold out"
"Wow really? Why?"
"Because it's February"

"Where are your Christmas trees?"
"We're sold out"
"Wow really? Why?"
"Because it's February"
Yeh, no demand for Valentine's trees.....

Unless you know my boss at my other job. He got us a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree a couple years ago and nobody wanted to take it down, so he made us decorate it for every holiday. I haven't really paid attention to it recently, but it's probably a Valentine's tree right now.

Guest: "Do you have 'Stuffins'?"

Me: (looking blank) "Excuse me?"

Guest: "'Stuffins'. It's on my list." (points to wish list full of toys)

Me: (walks guest to Doc McStuffins section in toys, vibes about how old the child is, what kind of toy they wanted, etc.)

Guest: "What is the show about?"

Me: (vibes about the show - obviously I have watched it too many times) "My nephews love it."

Guest: "But this is with the girls toys..." (looking at me with a look of disgust)

Gender stereotyping is obviously alive and well! *facepalm*

Guest: "Do you have 'Stuffins'?"

Me: (looking blank) "Excuse me?"

Guest: "'Stuffins'. It's on my list." (points to wish list full of toys)

Me: (walks guest to Doc McStuffins section in toys, vibes about how old the child is, what kind of toy they wanted, etc.)

Guest: "What is the show about?"

Me: (vibes about the show - obviously I have watched it too many times) "My nephews love it."

Guest: "But this is with the girls toys..." (looking at me with a look of disgust)

Gender stereotyping is obviously alive and well! *facepalm*

During the Christmas season, I remember one guest asked for help looking for a specific Monster High doll. When I found the one, she mentioned her son was going to be so happy.

I'm glad that at least some guests aren't stereotyping :D

So, yesterday a young lady approached me while I was doing reshop and asked me where the "49 dollar Keurigs were that are in the Ad" ... I asked her "Are you sure they were in the ad?" I knew it wasn't possible for a keurig to be 49 dollars and me not to have seen it. She insisted it was in the ad and it was on clearance. I didnt know what she was talking about because things in the Ad are on sale not on clearance. She was starting to get angry and asked if there was anyone else she could speak with that could help her find them ... because you know she searched those clearance endcaps real hard and couldnt find it (lol). I assured her again there was no such thing and I took her to the coffee aisle to show her the ones we had and they were clearly marked $99 dollars. She said her grandmother had the Ad and was going to take a picture of it and send it to her in a text. So here I am .. waiting for this girl to get a text from her grandma. She finally gets it and shows me the picture saying "heres the Ad." ... I think my brain almost exploded from what I saw. Her grandma had sent her a picture of an actual keurig from another store marked clearance 49 dollars and said she got it off google. Wtf?? I had no words.The lady left pissed off, and I didnt feel bad about it at all.

So, yesterday a young lady approached me while I was doing reshop and asked me where the "49 dollar Keurigs were that are in the Ad" ... I asked her "Are you sure they were in the ad?" I knew it wasn't possible for a keurig to be 49 dollars and me not to have seen it. She insisted it was in the ad and it was on clearance. I didnt know what she was talking about because things in the Ad are on sale not on clearance. She was starting to get angry and asked if there was anyone else she could speak with that could help her find them ... because you know she searched those clearance endcaps real hard and couldnt find it (lol). I assured her again there was no such thing and I took her to the coffee aisle to show her the ones we had and they were clearly marked $99 dollars. She said her grandmother had the Ad and was going to take a picture of it and send it to her in a text. So here I am .. waiting for this girl to get a text from her grandma. She finally gets it and shows me the picture saying "heres the Ad." ... I think my brain almost exploded from what I saw. Her grandma had sent her a picture of an actual keurig from another store marked clearance 49 dollars and said she got it off google. Wtf?? I had no words.The lady left pissed off, and I didnt feel bad about it at all.

Man, what an effing moron.

Had an older woman call one of our African American workers a "colored boy". Don't know if she saw the look on my face, but I imagine it was priceless. He had a good laugh out of it too.

I was selling a bottle of vodka to a couple rather attractive women the other day.

who were having a side conversation about how one of them got a free steak dinner because she's "banging the guy that owns an outback"

(it gets better, lol)

the girl who didn't get said steak dinner said, and i quote,
(my assistant manager, store manager, and another coworker all heard this)

"he can bloom my onion any time he wants"

I shit you not.

I was selling a bottle of vodka to a couple rather attractive women the other day.

who were having a side conversation about how one of them got a free steak dinner because she's "banging the guy that owns an outback"

(it gets better, lol)

I shit you not.

Ewwwwww...

(it gets better, lol)

I shit you not.

Ewwwwww...

You think the things guests at Target say are bad, work at a liquor store. It's worse, lol trust me :p

(it gets better, lol)

I shit you not.

Ewwwwww...

You think the things guests at Target say are bad, work at a liquor store. It's worse, lol trust me :p

Just wait until they open up their bottles...

Adult guest returning a girl's dress:

Me: is there anything wrong with it?
Guest: no, but it shows her boobies and boobies are inappropriate for Easter.

Umm...ok...

I actually think this is kind of funny. I mean, it depends who said it and how they said. I would never say that to someone, but I can imagine my elderly grandmother saying that to be silly.

She was just saying as normal conversation...as if boobies is the word she always uses and...I dunno...it was so odd. It was the last conversation I expected to be having...

(it gets better, lol)

I shit you not.

Ewwwwww...

Just wait until they open up their bottles...

I wish I was witness to this at Target, but

I've had to call PD on people drinking in the parking lot.

Multiple times.....

I had an adorable moment today. I was working the fitting room, and this mother and her daughter who couldn't have been older than five come up. I count their items, and the mother urges the girl to take the number from me, and she shyly does. Then the little girl turns back to me and says, in her most threatening five-year-old tone:

"And DON'T touch our cart, LADY!"

The mother looked mortified, I tried not to laugh. She kept apologizing and I told her it was fine, and the funniest thing I'd seen all day.

I have had so many people just start randomly talking to me about their lives. This happens outside of work too sometimes, I guess i'm just an approachable person :p

So, I was in the bathroom today on break, and I was in the first stall, so the two older-ish women who came in had to have known they were not alone...but maybe they were too busy fussing with the damn shopping cart they insisted on bringing in to notice. Anyway, after they got done discussing they had to bring the cart in, they went into their respective stalls.

Says the one guest to the other:

"I'm just so tired of this. I mean, I wipe every time I use the bathroom. And I know I use way more toilet paper than the average person."

I seriously don't remember what was said after that by the other woman. I was trying too hard to get the hell out of there.

"I'm just so tired of this. I mean, I wipe every time I use the bathroom. And I know I use way more toilet paper than the average person."

I seriously don't remember what was said after that by the other woman. I was trying too hard to get the hell out of there.

Geeze.... that is weird!

So, I was in the bathroom today on break, and I was in the first stall, so the two older-ish women who came in had to have known they were not alone...but maybe they were too busy fussing with the damn shopping cart they insisted on bringing in to notice. Anyway, after they got done discussing they had to bring the cart in, they went into their respective stalls.

Says the one guest to the other:

What the hell did I just read?

A woman comes up to the service desk with a bag....

Me: Hi, how I can help you?

Her: "I was overcharged for my purchased and I am so embarrassed"

-What's the matter?

Guest pulls out a yeast infection tester from the bag and her receipt

"THIS was in my bag and I think it was from the person in front of me. I have no need for this" Her voice gets louder

-Okay, I'll take care of that" I proceed to return the item.

"I have no idea how that got in MY bag. You need to fire that cashier. I was so embarrassed and you should compensate me for this experience. Having to return items that are embarrassing. "

-Sorry about that. Give her some coupons.

What's funny is, the fact that those testers were $30 and the rest of her items were only $14... Assuming it was a true mistake, wouldn't she have noticed the $30 difference?

Anyways, as I was putting the item in the bin, one of the box flaps opened and revealed a small piece of tape... Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back