Archived Guests Say the Darndest Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day, I had a guest return some up & up adult diapers. She said "they are not worthy of the Target brand."

Then she proceeded to tell me exactly how they weren't absorbent enough for her needs. I was done returning it before she was halfway done with her story...

The other day, I had a guest return some up & up adult diapers. She said "they are not worthy of the Target brand."

Then she proceeded to tell me exactly how they weren't absorbent enough for her needs. I was done returning it before she was halfway done with her story...
grab the plastic bag real quick.

and put it over the guests head.

"We are your highlighters at? They were right here last year." (Points to overly specific location)

Me: CIHYFS to a guest dumping all of their items on an endcap that I had just set. They were scanning and deciding apparently that they weren't priced right. So, since it was obvious to them that I wasn't happy, and equally they weren't happy with my waiting and scooping up the items and putting them in my stray cart as reshop, they told me that I should think of it as job security. Went on to say that without people like them there would be no need for people like me to work there.

I was selling a bottle of vodka to a couple rather attractive women the other day.

who were having a side conversation about how one of them got a free steak dinner because she's "banging the guy that owns an outback"

(it gets better, lol)

the girl who didn't get said steak dinner said, and i quote,
(my assistant manager, store manager, and another coworker all heard this)

"he can bloom my onion any time he wants"

I shit you not.

Ewwwwww...

You think the things guests at Target say are bad, work at a liquor store. It's worse, lol trust me :p

Just wait until they open up their bottles...

The assistant manager I had at the time of my original post (who has since xferred to a store that's nowhere as busy as mine).

He heard this... and I distinctly remember him saying to me afterwards

"i think i love her."

I replied back with "just be glad I don't tell your wife that"

He called me an asshole lol.

"I've been all up and down this section and I can't seem to find any doll clothes."- old lady in grocery.

I always love rereading this thread. Has anyone heard anything they'd like to share? My guests have been shockingly tame the past year!

Guest doing fraud asks about the two $5 Gift Cards she's going to get for her 7.48 flexible fulfillment order.

I explain how any Gift Card promotions are explained at the time of the order and are either shipped to their residence or given in e-giftcard form.

She immediately gets hostile and says, "Well, you're being rude and loud so I don't want to talk to you anymore, get me your manager."

My ETL explains the exact same thing and also shows her on the website.

She says, "Well, you just told me what the other guy said and that's not right. I'm gonna need your corporate number."

ADDED BONUS:

While my ETL was "helping" her, she looked at a guest by the front end and said "This other guy here isn't busy, he can help you." The guest wasn't even in line!

I had a guest ask me to get a full sized comforter from the backroom. I went to get it and brought it back to her, and she said "No, this is full/queen, not full. Go back and get the right one!"

Okay not Target, but today in the after-school program where I work, a kid went to get a ball that landed by my feet and asked "Mr. Dan, why are you wearing heels?"

These are my boots.

Now that there's a mans boot. But it needs some chains, lots of chains.

No we seriously had a guest call and be like...I wanna return this video game it's to violent for my kids...the TN asked if it had been opened..guest had answered yes. Where they were informed we where unable to return it due to copy right issues...This guy started throwing a hissy fit how it's not his fault the game is to violent and no one had told him when he bought it...so the tm asked out of curiosity what game had he wanted instead...He replied with grand theft auto....Are you so serious right now...

No we seriously had a guest call and be like...I wanna return this video game it's to violent for my kids...the TN asked if it had been opened..guest had answered yes. Where they were informed we where unable to return it due to copy right issues...This guy started throwing a hissy fit how it's not his fault the game is to violent and no one had told him when he bought it...so the tm asked out of curiosity what game had he wanted instead...He replied with grand theft auto....Are you so serious right now...
If you check on workbench for returns on video games, there is nothing mention about copyrights.

It's not copyright but federal trade law.
If a store routinely accepts returns of open software for reasons other than defect or wrong format, the manufacturer can pull their product & end their contract of distribution because the distributor (Target) wasn't doing it's part to protect against unauthorized use (ie: guests making copies then returning copyrighted media).

Elderly couple: "Why is it so busy in here? I guess it's supposed to snow today."

Yeah or maybe it's because the Super Bowl is today...

To be fair, snow had been forecast at one point but it was called off a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back