Archived Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themusicalfruit

No, I'm not open. I get paid to stand here.
So, what's Halloween like in your store? is it pretty busy or do you see a slow down?

It's all assholes looking for costumes the day of and getting pissed off when we don't have anything. And people mobbing the candy making it look like the store is being looted during a zombie apocalypse. We do what we have to do to the shit on the shelf no matter what though. What do you expect when the DC sends us 25 pallets of candy last Friday.

It will depend on your location

Being in the Bible Belt South, I have seen the public act weird. Some towns and communities don't celebrate Halloween except for the closest Fridays and Saturdays. If Halloween was on a Sunday, it was celebrated on Saturday. Some celebrated it on the day of no matter what.

I had guests come on Halloween Sunday trying to argue that Halloween should already be clearanced since the general community acceptance of Halloween was on Saturday.

But generally it was any other night traffic in my experience but you get the costumed crowd coming in. By 12pm, my LODs call for immediate FLEXING on Halloween to prepare for Clearancing.

Last edited:
We get the 'last-minute' moms who alternate between "Is this ALL you have...?" & "This looks pretty picked-over.....I don't know WHY it isn't clearanced yet. People would be STUPID to pay full price for this...."
And yet here you are.

Busy. Last time I worked at Target, my last day scheduled was a few days before Halloween weekend. Guess who they called to come in to work due to all the call outs? And guess who came in to work when they were no longer actually a Target employee?

Today was pretty busy in my store because people were buying last minute costumed, decor, and candy to give out so idk how Monday is going to go. I've never done a halloween in retail

It's all assholes looking for costumes the day of and getting pissed off when we don't have anything. And people mobbing the candy making it look like the store is being looted during a zombie apocalypse. We do what we have to do to the shit on the shelf no matter what though. What do you expect when the DC sends us 25 pallets of candy last Friday.

Yes that and then you get the people shortly after halloween who come in with their receipts and insist they get a price adjustment for the now clearanced halloween stuff :mad:. Let's not forget the people who want to return their used costumes.

A few years ago, we had 3x5 above all costumes noting no returns.

I wish we could wear costumes ( not like masks or anything like that) a shirt that says this is my costume or something like that something fun..

I wish we could wear costumes ( not like masks or anything like that) a shirt that says this is my costume or something like that something fun..
At orientation for my store they made it seem like you could if it was still mostly red. Still I figured I'd just throw on ears or something.

The day after Halloween is the real nightmare for Guest Service TMs. It's great telling multiple people that no, they cannot return that costume they oh so obviously wore for some drunken party and now want their money back for. Then they scream and yell at the GSTL or LOD until one of them caves and approves the refund.

YES! I was hoping to at least be able to put on a little face paint or something if I had to close on Halloween, but apparently Target is against that. May just get some kitty ears or something. That's gotta be allowed, right?

Animal ears have always been OK at my store. A few TMs have been wearing animal ears/tails for the last week. Hats are iffy.

At my store they don't allow anything:/ I remember for Christmas last year someone wanted to wear a hat and they said no that's not brand ( seriously) can wear jewelry if you want or socks. The funny thing is people wear hats all the time ( they aren't religious or anything) one guy wears a Deadpool hat all the time and they never say anything.. Definitely not brand.

Our ETL says face paint is okay as long as it's family friendly but no costume. I'm just gonna paint my face like Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back