Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as my building has been against self recognition now were supposed to ONLY do self recognition. Its a joke.

Hahaha... Only self recognition? I refuse to do self recognition. I use the cards just like GTC's, to say thanks to TMs who do their job well, ask for help when they need it, go above and beyond, etc. The one thing I do like about the Vibe cards is that they're better for drawing pictures than the lined GTC's were! :D

Who the heck has time to write vibe cards or gtc. That was one of my review things that I didnt do enough. Im like well I give verbal recognition right to whoever at the time it happens. Sorry I dont waste my time in the TMC filing out a card every hour and actually do my job

Yeah, I have time because I often cover the closing operator's breaks. If the zone is going well, I might have a cart to sort but often I have little to nothing to do. So what do I do? Write GTCs!

Who the heck has time to write vibe cards or gtc. That was one of my review things that I didnt do enough. Im like well I give verbal recognition right to whoever at the time it happens. Sorry I dont waste my time in the TMC filing out a card every hour and actually do my job

I actually liked writing GTCs because my team hadn't really gotten them in a while, and they appreciated it. Now the VIBE cards are not meant to be used as much in the same manner as GTCs. Soooo....I've stopped writing them regularly. Meh.

One of our GSTLs is an absolute sweetheart. But I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh the day he called out over the walkie, "I just had an AMAZING experience helping a guest find a bottle of Pepsi." Now, he doesn't have a sarcastic bone in his body and was being very genuine with this....which just made me feel like such a jerk. But good God.

We announce over the walkies when someone gets a red card. Our etl-ge got on and said "Awesome!" It took all my self control not to get on and say, "Don't you mean amazing?". But she has no sense of humor and probably wouldn't get it.

We announce over the walkies when someone gets a red card. Our etl-ge got on and said "Awesome!" It took all my self control not to get on and say, "Don't you mean amazing?". But she has no sense of humor and probably wouldn't get it.

We never did this at my store until we got our new ETL-GE (which, coincidentally enough, was around the time that the Vibe started). Ours is the opposite of yours - you'd never know she could get angry or sad because she's always happy (i.e. in an AMAZING mood) and it drives everyone nuts.

It gets so annoying hearing, "Let's congratulate so and so on his/her TC squares/d?" Then the sarcastic "Yeah" that follows. I sigh at how ridiculous this store is now. I'm glad I got a new job and will prob hand in my 2 week notice tomorrow.

I haven't gotten a vibe yet and I was noticing " certain" faves are always getting them like tons of them so basically the same person over and over is getting the vibes over and over again! I just kept seeing the same names over and over again! Vibes what a joke!

I haven't gotten a vibe yet and I was noticing " certain" faves are always getting them like tons of them so basically the same person over and over is getting the vibes over and over again! I just kept seeing the same names over and over again! Vibes what a joke!

Aren't you supposed to write your own? I don't even pay attention to those cards....

Aren't you supposed to write your own? I don't even pay attention to those cards....

Yep! However, I know a large portion of my store is just treating them like GTCs. Most people don't want to write cards for themselves. Also, when you're supposed to share a "Vibe" moment at a huddle, I try my hardest to share one that involves another TM as well as myself and a guest. If I don't have one of those, I don't share.

At my store it's more like GTC only they want people to go that " extra" inch basically TLS patting people on the backs and what not no one really writes them for themselves really it's all about going that extra inch only it's treated like a GTC.

I've been given two Vibe cards now by other TMs. What's the point? It's like a pat on the back in paper form. Does HR see them? Do we get a $0.02 raise for every one? Really what's the point...

I've been given two Vibe cards now by other TMs. What's the point? It's like a pat on the back in paper form. Does HR see them? Do we get a $0.02 raise for every one? Really what's the point...

I take backup calls and the GSTL asked me, kindly, to take the re-shop over to GS. I said, "Sure," and she said: "Oh I'm going to have to write you TWO cards for that!" I said, "For doing my job?" And she laughed. I never did get the cards, though. Oh well... I got candy! :D

ALSO: I don't notice a difference w/ the "Vibe." It doesn't feel any different than when I first started working in August. Apparently our scores went up.... so I guess that's "tangible" evidence that it does? I still don't ask everyone "CIHYFS," it's just annoying. If I see an individual frantically walking up and down the aisles or walking in circles, then I will approach, but I'm not going to bother every person because I know that they had been asked the question like 20x before they walked back to C&D. I'm always there to answer questions, though, when people come up to me. On Halloween night, ALL three of us HL TM helped the lady find bath tub stoppers, which are in Sporting Goods. We walked the store and eventually found them. NONE of us figured they'd be in there. She was happy, because she said, "I would have never looked back here!" So there ya go, Spot, there's your "AMAZING" moment. ;)

Last edited:
I can safely say that I haven't written a single one yet & don't intend to.

We wrote them to each other on Halloween very sarcastically. I have a bunch on the board but they're all BS! None of them are "above and beyond AMAZING" moments, but rather, "Thanks for doing your job" moments. I read others too and they're all the same: Thanks for helping at the check lanes; thanks for walking the product up to the guest; thanks for showing the guest where "X Product" is... and I laugh. What a waste of trees to make FOUR different kinds of cards. Didn't "GTC" suffice?

I am convinced(not that it surprises in any way) that all the examples and even the "table talker" vibe moments are completely made up stories from corporate. What pushed me over the edge was reading one in the table talker in the break room where the team member talks about helping a guest and then offering them their business card(because we totally have those) and getting a call back later from the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back