Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a TM was telling my GSA and I about a guest last night, blah, blah, blah, being a pain, you know how it is....anyway, the guest had the nerve to ask someone to go out and start her car for her! I interjected with a "uh, no!" To which they both said, because of the vibe, if asked, we have to do it.

Like I pointed out to them....I'm not allowed to tilt a guest's cell phone to more easily scan something because of liability, but I can go start their car?! This is getting silly.

So, a TM was telling my GSA and I about a guest last night, blah, blah, blah, being a pain, you know how it is....anyway, the guest had the nerve to ask someone to go out and start her car for her! I interjected with a "uh, no!" To which they both said, because of the vibe, if asked, we have to do it.

Like I pointed out to them....I'm not allowed to tilt a guest's cell phone to more easily scan something because of liability, but I can go start their car?! This is getting silly.

Even if it's to check for bombs?

That is not a vibe I am willing to do...."I'm just out here starting a guest's car and it is amaz......" Boom! Well, hopefully I would at least get a vibe card for it.

Why would a customer ask Target employees for help with their car? Perhaps someone at GS can call a tow truck for them, that's nice service.

She is a lady who comes in, uses an electric cart, and spends three hours shopping, cornering various TMs on the floor to help her shop and do her bidding. Then, after the LOD has determined it is a slow night, and reset everyone's schedules to leave at 15 minutes after closing, the lady finally makes her way up to the front of the store right after closing, and decides she needs to use the bathroom....for 10 minutes. By this point the LOD is ready to tear her hair out after switching everyone's schedules, and the lady decides she needs to talk to the cashier about everyone's skin colors while slowly checking out (no more than two items per bag mind you while inventorying each bag to be sure the things put together won't start a fight before she gets them home). By this point, the "go start the car" request seems right in line with everything else.

Only the liability on our end just seems to be huge...vibe or not.

She is a lady who comes in, uses an electric cart, and spends three hours shopping, cornering various TMs on the floor to help her shop and do her bidding. Then, after the LOD has determined it is a slow night, and reset everyone's schedules to leave at 15 minutes after closing, the lady finally makes her way up to the front of the store right after closing, and decides she needs to use the bathroom....for 10 minutes. By this point the LOD is ready to tear her hair out after switching everyone's schedules, and the lady decides she needs to talk to the cashier about everyone's skin colors while slowly checking out (no more than two items per bag mind you while inventorying each bag to be sure the things put together won't start a fight before she gets them home). By this point, the "go start the car" request seems right in line with everything else.

Only the liability on our end just seems to be huge...vibe or not.

You know, oddly enough, it sounds like it might be cheaper and (g-d I can't believe I'm going to use this word) vibe-ier to assign two people to her when she comes in.
One would sit with her at FA and gossip for however long it would take the other to run around the store and get everything on the list (which would have to take less time than it would take her).
Then you could ring it up, bag it, bring her over to pay for it and shovel her out the door.
Probably be done well before close and have used up much fewer man hours and your LOD would have her hair left.

That's a big part of it...she's lonely and I guess this is a social outing for her. So that would probably be very vibey. I haven't met this woman yet, personally. One of these days in the fourth quarter rush, I'm sure.

So my STL said that we can let guests "Sample" Candy bars, or food............... I about **** my pants. REALLY!?!?!?! "Snack time at Target!!!!!"

Anybody else heard about the secret shoppers?
They are going to be coming through to make sure we are vibrating up to standards.

Uhh.... This would be incredibly stupid to do. Going out to a guests car, with the keys, and getting in it with no guest there? Things that can go wrong:

1. Guest claims she had $500 in the car and the TM stole it.

2. Guest claims TM damaged something in the car that was already damaged.

3. Guest is an idiot and left the car in reverse, car backs out when TM starts it and hits/kills someone.

4. TM goes up to another car that matches the guests description but isn't actually her car. Owner of the car thinks the TM is trying to break into the car, shoots and kills TM.

5. TM starts car, leaves the car running, and goes back in the store. Stupid kid (say a 12 year old) gets in it and kills someone.

6. TM starts car, leaves the car running, and goes back in the store. Thug gets in the unlocked running car and either steals the car or steals something in it.

I agree 100%! I'm very glad I wasn't there that night, and have no idea what I would have done if the GSA told me to do that.

Anybody else heard about the secret shoppers?
They are going to be coming through to make sure we are vibrating up to standards.

Actually, while I haven't seen the secret shoppers in store. I do know Spot is having some people do things.

They'll call your store, and ask about very specific items in Domestics or Kitchen. There supposed to ask about availability,pricing, models and even TM opinion. Only reason I even know, is someone was tipped off by a DTL...

Actually, while I haven't seen the secret shoppers in store. I do know Spot is having some people do things.

They'll call your store, and ask about very specific items in Domestics or Kitchen. There supposed to ask about availability,pricing, models and even TM opinion. Only reason I even know, is someone was tipped off by a DTL...

We had one on Friday. Apparently it went well :)

I think I have talked to one on the phone and if the two that I happened across as I was leaving to clock out weren't secret shoppers than I got my extra vibe mojo going on anyway!! I had no PDA or walkie and late clocking out but I happened to see these 2 in small appliances and I did what I always do, my best.

Uhh.... This would be incredibly stupid to do. Going out to a guests car, with the keys, and getting in it with no guest there? Things that can go wrong:

1. Guest claims she had $500 in the car and the TM stole it.

2. Guest claims TM damaged something in the car that was already damaged.

3. Guest is an idiot and left the car in reverse, car backs out when TM starts it and hits/kills someone.

4. TM goes up to another car that matches the guests description but isn't actually her car. Owner of the car thinks the TM is trying to break into the car, shoots and kills TM.

5. TM starts car, leaves the car running, and goes back in the store. Stupid kid (say a 12 year old) gets in it and kills someone.

6. TM starts car, leaves the car running, and goes back in the store. Thug gets in the unlocked running car and either steals the car or steals something in it.

7. TM starts car, thinks "Hey! Free car" and drives off.

I think I have talked to one on the phone and if the two that I happened across as I was leaving to clock out weren't secret shoppers than I got my extra vibe mojo going on anyway!! I had no PDA or walkie and late clocking out but I happened to see these 2 in small appliances and I did what I always do, my best.

They called my store and asked about blenders.

a moment is when you show a Guest where the meat is amazing is when the same guest calls in and flips **** about how we didnt take off the one doller off coupon guests dont want moments they want to come in get there **** and get out plain and simple

my views are my own and do not represent target corp.

I appreciate the simplified (i.e. shorter) Business Walk and Leadership Status. As far as the AMAZING building culture and all the new Vibe cards its just another case of Target turning its aim on a dime. As much as my building has been against self recognition now were supposed to ONLY do self recognition. Its a joke. And most of all these phone interviews are the biggest mistake ever! We had a hard enough time sifting through the garbage applicants with an in-person interview. The reason I was given was as opposed to the ETL's being obligated to do a 2nd interview regardless if the TL's recommend or not they now will only be required to do a 2nd if we sign off on the applicant. My question is why cant we just keep the in-person interviews and follow this rule? We shouldve been doing this anyway...the TL's first interview may as well not exist if our recomendation doesnt matter. I cant tell you how many garbage employees my store has went through that a TL rejected but an ETL decided to give them a chance.

We had a hard enough time sifting through the garbage applicants with an in-person interview. The reason I was given was as opposed to the ETL's being obligated to do a 2nd interview regardless if the TL's recommend or not they now will only be required to do a 2nd if we sign off on the applicant. My question is why cant we just keep the in-person interviews and follow this rule? We shouldve been doing this anyway...the TL's first interview may as well not exist if our recomendation doesnt matter. I cant tell you how many garbage employees my store has went through that a TL rejected but an ETL decided to give them a chance.

thank you - this is so true!

I appreciate the simplified (i.e. shorter) Business Walk and Leadership Status. As far as the AMAZING building culture and all the new Vibe cards its just another case of Target turning its aim on a dime. As much as my building has been against self recognition now were supposed to ONLY do self recognition. Its a joke. And most of all these phone interviews are the biggest mistake ever! We had a hard enough time sifting through the garbage applicants with an in-person interview. The reason I was given was as opposed to the ETL's being obligated to do a 2nd interview regardless if the TL's recommend or not they now will only be required to do a 2nd if we sign off on the applicant. My question is why cant we just keep the in-person interviews and follow this rule? We shouldve been doing this anyway...the TL's first interview may as well not exist if our recomendation doesnt matter. I cant tell you how many garbage employees my store has went through that a TL rejected but an ETL decided to give them a chance.

There is such a thing as overqualified and underqualified for a job.....

We once had a guy come in with a 4 year degree and 5 years work experience in IT applying for TM. Probably the most "professional" person I ever interviewed. ETL-HR told me outright she was not going to hire him. Why? Overqualified. At the time I was pissed because all I could think of was the fact he would be a great TM. However, looking back on it now I see the ETL-HR was right. The guy was just laid off, and obviously would have quit probably a month after we hired him as soon as he got a better job.

As far as "garbage" TMs go..... Sometimes you have to hire people who are underqualified..... This is really going to be the case once the economy picks up again. Your store has positions that need to be filled, work needs to get done. If all your store is getting is "trash" TMs applying for jobs, then that is what you store has to go with. They can't just leave half the store unstaffed waiting for the perfect applicant to walk in the door. The ETLs understand this. Is it an ideal situation? No. But that's what 90 day probation is for. If they turn out to be seriously bad, term them. In that 90 day time span, hopefully the "perfect" applicant will walk in the door to replace them. In the meantime, at least some work is getting done.

Target is paying near minimum wage to start and no benefits for new TMs (unless they are extremely lucky and manage to get the hours somehow). They can't expect to have people with 4 year degrees and 10 years work history walking in the door to apply for TM jobs. I think this recession has spoiled a *ton* of employers..... Lots of employers (including Target) got used to hiring overqualified people who couldn't find a job..... then shafted them by giving them few hours, no benefits, and low pay. I have a feeling in the next year or two they are going to be in for a rude awakening when minimum wage and no benefits can only attract high school drop outs with criminal records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back