Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have these little scratch off cards. They gave them to the new team members with the idea to give them to the team member that affected your training the most. In front of a huddle, I was given one and told to scratch it off. I used a coin and started seeing the words "Extra fifteen minute break" underneath. Nope, not good enough. By the time I had it completely uncovered, they asked me what it said. I calmly stated "Trade paychecks with any ETL of your choosing, wow these are kind of cool". The look my STL gave me was priceless.

You are my new hero.
So wish I'd been there.

They have these little scratch off cards. They gave them to the new team members with the idea to give them to the team member that affected your training the most. In front of a huddle, I was given one and told to scratch it off. I used a coin and started seeing the words "Extra fifteen minute break" underneath. Nope, not good enough. By the time I had it completely uncovered, they asked me what it said. I calmly stated "Trade paychecks with any ETL of your choosing, wow these are kind of cool". The look my STL gave me was priceless.

i will be doing this. absolutely.

Great answer! I am doing it too.

I finally saw the video today....the one where the guy says "they are always moving stuff on us" about the strollers. Our LOD said a) we never move the infant hardline island and b) if you can't see the strollers...well.
and then he said we were to say "congrats" at least one time today (totally tongue in cheek)

but in all seriousness we are supposed to work toward having 3 vibe cards each on the vibe board by the end of the week. Even writing our own....geesh!!

I really don't like this new approach Target is taking. I hate being pushy. I don't like it when someone pushes me to buy something.

My STL briefly mentioned new hires having to go through some guest service academy or some roleplaying stuff...something like that, and that we would all have to go through it even though we are allready hired....anyone else know what im talking about or have heard of this?

Mine said, "One week paid vacation starting December 23."

The videos are lame. The buzzwords "vibe" and "amazing" (now I cringe everytime I say or hear that word) are lame. Everything else is fine. Our ETLs luckily aren't shoving the propaganda parts of it down our throats and trying to make it not seem like 3rd grade which is a pleasant surprise. I think the quota for "vibe" cards is pretty high, but the fact that you can recognize yourself is actually good (although it will be abused) since most guest service happens (at least in my experience) when you are on the salesfloor by yourself. We will see if this impacts productivity in a negative fashion. I know the other day i had to go to the backroom 3 times in one hour for guest requests from the farthest end of the store - not counting the times i have to normally go back there myself. They should also emphasize helping other TMs (assists) at least in terms of cross-store adventures for guest service - our current morning teams seem to be radio silent at the moment - so frustrating.

The videos are lame. The buzzwords "vibe" and "amazing" (now I cringe everytime I say or hear that word) are lame. Everything else is fine. Our ETLs luckily aren't shoving the propaganda parts of it down our throats and trying to make it not seem like 3rd grade which is a pleasant surprise. I think the quota for "vibe" cards is pretty high, but the fact that you can recognize yourself is actually good (although it will be abused) since most guest service happens (at least in my experience) when you are on the salesfloor by yourself. We will see if this impacts productivity in a negative fashion. I know the other day i had to go to the backroom 3 times in one hour for guest requests from the farthest end of the store - not counting the times i have to normally go back there myself. They should also emphasize helping other TMs (assists) at least in terms of cross-store adventures for guest service - our current morning teams seem to be radio silent at the moment - so frustrating.

I wonder if "The Big T" is that hard up for business for the holidays that they need to implement this BS? Are they losing guests or just not making the billions they want so they can upgrade their already, probably lavish lifestyle? People come to the store because we have what they want for decent prices. Perhaps they also come for the guest experience, but by being more annoying, in my opinion, isn't going to help anyone. If I had to hear "CIHYFS" from every team member that I came into contact with and all I wanted was chips and salsa, I'd be like, "To hell with this place!"

In theory, it probably sounds good: Be there to help guests in any way you can. But to have to solidify it by writing up all these "Vibe" cards, when the "Great TM" cards, in my opinion, sufficed is stupid. And you're right, people probably will just write their own cards and say, "Wow (insert name) did an AMAZING job with (insert event)!" OR in my store's case, I really think it's just a popularity contest, which is why the already established cliques write them back and forth to each other. It's no different than in HS when you had to vote for most popular, likely to succeed, etc, and all the rich, popular kids just wrote each other's names in. It's kind of BS imo. I'm hoping to get out by October's end or the very least, transfer to another department: maybe back room? Heaven help us all if "Spot" starts doing voice/tone alterations and smile patrol! "You don't sound authentic enough with "CIHYFS", we NEED to adjust your tone!" OR... wait, someone is a FROWNY FREDDY, and you get a little sticker with a frowny face... SMILE!

..Provide us w/ a decent wage and we probably would be happier! Also: stop with the BS and just let us do our jobs, and we'd be OVER THE MOON ecstatic!

I'm just bitter and rambling, now. I really should've enrolled in grad school this semester... I got the call for the interview, and said, "No, I don't want to teach anymore." I could have received the TEACH grant and worked at the school or something, instead of this. Now I have to wait until August 2013 to go back to school! BOO!

Um... does anyone else's store have the paint palette poster with the big "Amazing" on it? It seriously looks like they ordered it from Teacher's Discovery. Why are we getting treated like 2nd graders?

still waiting on the vibe card for ****ty guest service, or failure to motivate your team. cuz boy do i have a recipient in mind for those.

On a side note, they have the poster with the cake that says "A moment is when you help find candles for a cake. Amazing is when they blow it out" or whatever opposite my ETL's door. So I saw him and asked him "Does this make ANY SENSE to you?" He said "Um.. well.. yeah. Well we provided the candles for the cake so they can be blown out." "So you think she would be thinking about Target when the candles get blown out?" "Yeah!"

I just said "seriously?" and walked away muttering under my breath.

On a side note, they have the poster with the cake that says "A moment is when you help find candles for a cake. Amazing is when they blow it out" or whatever opposite my ETL's door. So I saw him and asked him "Does this make ANY SENSE to you?" He said "Um.. well.. yeah. Well we provided the candles for the cake so they can be blown out." "So you think she would be thinking about Target when the candles get blown out?" "Yeah!"

oh boy ... i cant wait for this sort of corporate spam.

I was told today when I went in really quickly to pick one thing up that those vibe cards are going to be kept and used at our reviews. We were also told in our meeting that we can and should fill the cards out for ourselves. I had discussed a thing that had happened the night before with a guest and asked if I should have filled out a card on myself...yup. Well I said it was ridiculous because I was only doing my job....and I stand by that...it's ridiculous to spend 10 minutes off the floor writing cards to MYSELF about doing my job properly!!

So they want people to think of Target when they give a good blowing?

I'd read the multi-page script to roll this program out and gagged ("it's gonna be AMAZING" "call it the X factor"). I couldn't wait.

How it actually was rolled out: 30 minute huddle with 25 minutes of you all suck- compliance sucks, punch corrections, red card conversion blows, spill stations are empty, blah, blah blah, and by the way it's team member appreciation day! We'll have food in the break room all day & it's all about the vibe! About turning a moment into a memory!

Nothing makes me feel more appreciated than cold chicken nuggets (that was the only food) after being dumped on, hours cut, vacation auto-denied.

I also heard one of the ETLs tell a TM to "vibe the hell" out of a guest. Lol!

I'd read the multi-page script to roll this program out and gagged ("it's gonna be AMAZING" "call it the X factor"). I couldn't wait.

How it actually was rolled out: 30 minute huddle with 25 minutes of you all suck- compliance sucks, punch corrections, red card conversion blows, spill stations are empty, blah, blah blah, and by the way it's team member appreciation day! We'll have food in the break room all day & it's all about the vibe! About turning a moment into a memory!

Nothing makes me feel more appreciated than cold chicken nuggets (that was the only food) after being dumped on, hours cut, vacation auto-denied.

I also heard one of the ETLs tell a TM to "vibe the hell" out of a guest. Lol!

Target logic is amazing. 30 minute huddle to tell us we are not using our time effectively. We didn't make sales, so we have to cut everybody's hours, but we are renting a dunk tank and cooking burgers tomorrow out back.

Last edited:
Target logic is amazing. 30 minute huddle to tell us we are not using our time effectively. We didn't make sales, so we have to cut everybody's hours, but we are renting a dunk tank and cooking burgers tomorrow out back.

That's life at the The Big T. It seems like a lot of ppl have their heads up their asses when it comes to productivity. I stand around at huddle, rolling my eyes, thinking to myself: " Wow, this is time we could be getting work done Basically people just use huddle as a chance to socialize, and when they finally end huddle, and I start walking to get my reshop cart, they all stand around and look at me like I'm from another planet! My store is very "cliquey"; if you don't belong, you don't belong, and I don't even try. I just do my job and that's it. I'll never "fit in" with the uptight pricks that I have to close w/ and I don't even try at this point. I'm new, but there's an even newer guy than me, and they don't really like him either for some reason. I think he's okay, he does his job and helped me out tonight. I showed him how to close out his reshop cart, yet the ppl don't really like him. I wonder if they have bets going w/ each other about how long we'll last. I'm trying to find another job, but as of right now: I really need the money! I don't know why we can't just do our jobs w/o the BS drama. NONE of us are in high school anymore and we should stop acting like it. Like tonight, for example, first I was in electronics, then moved to C+D and when we told "K" he was like: this is just a big plan to **** w/ me, right? I just rolled my eyes, "Absolutely, we're all out to get you!" God I hate that guy! I wish I worked w/ some of you guys on this board, because you seem cooler than the douche nozzles I have at my store; and I'm sure you have some of the same "types" at your Target. They're everywhere, it seems! LOL

He'll, I'd be happy with "You actually GET your FULL 15 minute break!"

That's life at the The Big T. It seems like a lot of ppl have their heads up their asses when it comes to productivity. I stand around at huddle, rolling my eyes, thinking to myself: " Wow, this is time we could be getting work done Basically people just use huddle as a chance to socialize, and when they finally end huddle, and I start walking to get my reshop cart, they all stand around and look at me like I'm from another planet! My store is very "cliquey"; if you don't belong, you don't belong, and I don't even try. I just do my job and that's it. I'll never "fit in" with the uptight pricks that I have to close w/ and I don't even try at this point. I'm new, but there's an even newer guy than me, and they don't really like him either for some reason. I think he's okay, he does his job and helped me out tonight. I showed him how to close out his reshop cart, yet the ppl don't really like him. I wonder if they have bets going w/ each other about how long we'll last. I'm trying to find another job, but as of right now: I really need the money! I don't know why we can't just do our jobs w/o the BS drama. NONE of us are in high school anymore and we should stop acting like it. Like tonight, for example, first I was in electronics, then moved to C+D and when we told "K" he was like: this is just a big plan to **** w/ me, right? I just rolled my eyes, "Absolutely, we're all out to get you!" God I hate that guy! I wish I worked w/ some of you guys on this board, because you seem cooler than the douche nozzles I have at my store; and I'm sure you have some of the same "types" at your Target. They're everywhere, it seems! LOL

Ya no ****...I spent 30 minutes at this vibe meeting...even though I watched the video and all that the night before for another 30 minute huddle. Over in pfresh, or should i say the whole entire market section I dont have the luxury of sitting on my ass all day and goofing around I actually have to get **** done. Especially with all the added things my store has tacked on to our workload.

Vibe will be a god send to bigger stores and the final nail in the coffin in the smaller stores. They got rid of our salesfloor and they expect us to give great guest service? What kind of thinking leads to things like this?

I had one question: Are they going to give to us more hours for the salesfloor to GIVE this great guest service.

Our STL went off about how they are giving us better tools and better updated processes. They want to give us more hours by getting away from "proccesses" that defined how we do things, because having objective measurements in how efficient things are is apparently too much to hope for. I then said that there was nothing about in what he said about getting more hours and just stared at us for a few seconds and then moved off. So we are not going to get those extra hours.

Also, we are now going to be selling our display models. This is going to be a disaster for this company simply for the open space out there. Our distribution processes is so screwed that it needs to be taken out to the woods and have a bullet put into it. Our store went most of the summer without them sending us cameras. Our displays would have been empty.

Making guests really happy for a few minutes over any little thing over other guests long term expectations is just stupid. Moments are called moments for a reason, they don't last that long. What they need to do is work on having a better supply line, better trained and more staffing.

I'd be happy with a break in general too. I haven't taken one in months.

Call your State's employment office. If they don't have a schedule for you to take one and they don't actually do anything about it then they can be hit with a visit from the State. They are legally required to give you that break and the fines for ignoring it are REALLY high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back