Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vibe will be a god send to bigger stores and the final nail in the coffin in the smaller stores. They got rid of our salesfloor and they expect us to give great guest service? What kind of thinking leads to things like this?

I had one question: Are they going to give to us more hours for the salesfloor to GIVE this great guest service.

Our STL went off about how they are giving us better tools and better updated processes. They want to give us more hours by getting away from "proccesses" that defined how we do things, because having objective measurements in how efficient things are is apparently too much to hope for. I then said that there was nothing about in what he said about getting more hours and just stared at us for a few seconds and then moved off. So we are not going to get those extra hours.

Also, we are now going to be selling our display models. This is going to be a disaster for this company simply for the open space out there. Our distribution processes is so screwed that it needs to be taken out to the woods and have a bullet put into it. Our store went most of the summer without them sending us cameras. Our displays would have been empty.

Making guests really happy for a few minutes over any little thing over other guests long term expectations is just stupid. Moments are called moments for a reason, they don't last that long. What they need to do is work on having a better supply line, better trained and more staffing.

haha so true. Ya let me spend all of my time guest servicing while I have all of pfresh and market to take care of and nobody else on the salesfloor except maybe the 1 electronics guy and on SF team member over in softlines

Vibe will be a god send to bigger stores and the final nail in the coffin in the smaller stores. They got rid of our salesfloor and they expect us to give great guest service? What kind of thinking leads to things like this

It's not just low volume stores that this will be horrible in, but in our AA+ store sometimes during the weekdays there are only 1 HLTL, 1 HLTM, 1 SLTL, and 1 STLM! Market has to push the order, and all the processes... plano, price change... never answer call boxes or help guests.

I remember when I first started a few years ago, we had maybe 7 HLTM in the morning just for zoning and reshopping, a dedicated CAF team just for pushing, maybe 4 SLTMs. Hell, I remember we used to have 11 HLTMs doing a mid or closing! Now with the new company and the new leadership at our store we down to the 8th level of hell.

My store is also AA+ and has way more coverage. Usually 2 SFTLs and several sftms, 4 sltms and a sltl, and like 1-2 in hardlines plus hltl

Call your State's employment office. If they don't have a schedule for you to take one and they don't actually do anything about it then they can be hit with a visit from the State. They are legally required to give you that break and the fines for ignoring it are REALLY high.

It's my choice not to take a break so I shouldn't be complaining haha. There's just too much to do in receiving so I don't even bother with a break.

at my store it was normal to have 1, maybe two HLTMs in the morning, but the difference is that there would be 2 HLTLs; one for doing TASKS like setting their salesplanners, PTMing, and filling (EXFing/filling endcaps, walking the ad) their departments. and then to close there would basically be almost two TMs in every department. I remember being in domestics, and one would start in towels, and the other would start in curtains and then they would meet in the middle. or one person would start in cosmetics and someone else would start in chemicals and they would meet in the middle. our specialty TMs help guests, they just don't answer boxes since they don't have walkies.

Vibe will be a god send to bigger stores and the final nail in the coffin in the smaller stores. They got rid of our salesfloor and they expect us to give great guest service? What kind of thinking leads to things like this?

I had one question: Are they going to give to us more hours for the salesfloor to GIVE this great guest service.

Our STL went off about how they are giving us better tools and better updated processes. They want to give us more hours by getting away from "proccesses" that defined how we do things, because having objective measurements in how efficient things are is apparently too much to hope for. I then said that there was nothing about in what he said about getting more hours and just stared at us for a few seconds and then moved off. So we are not going to get those extra hours.

Also, we are now going to be selling our display models. This is going to be a disaster for this company simply for the open space out there. Our distribution processes is so screwed that it needs to be taken out to the woods and have a bullet put into it. Our store went most of the summer without them sending us cameras. Our displays would have been empty.

Making guests really happy for a few minutes over any little thing over other guests long term expectations is just stupid. Moments are called moments for a reason, they don't last that long. What they need to do is work on having a better supply line, better trained and more staffing.

hey just an update... we've always sold electronics displays at our store, but not others. they were always "damaged" hehe. but starting in the next home (small app) set, we'll be getting displays with actual PX numbers that don't work instead of using box stock. the transition notes says that they're changing because using sellable displays causing inaccurate on hands. so there's one good thing lol.

at my store it was normal to have 1, maybe two HLTMs in the morning, but the difference is that there would be 2 HLTLs; one for doing TASKS like setting their salesplanners, PTMing, and filling (EXFing/filling endcaps, walking the ad) their departments. and then to close there would basically be almost two TMs in every department. I remember being in domestics, and one would start in towels, and the other would start in curtains and then they would meet in the middle. or one person would start in cosmetics and someone else would start in chemicals and they would meet in the middle. our specialty TMs help guests, they just don't answer boxes since they don't have walkies.
i remember those days!

hey just an update... we've always sold electronics displays at our store, but not others. they were always "damaged" hehe. but starting in the next home (small app) set, we'll be getting displays with actual PX numbers that don't work instead of using box stock. the transition notes says that they're changing because using sellable displays causing inaccurate on hands. so there's one good thing lol.

I hope we get all the ones we need.
Should be interesting to see how many (even though they are clearly marked DISPLAY ONLY) get taken up to the cashier by a guest.

today a guest came in wanting last week's price on something. Said he knew it was $xxx when there was no sign or anything. the LOD checked, and it went off sale sunday. should he feel the vibe and get a better price?
lod laughed profusely and refused to change the price. i wonder what the vibe police would have said...

We just damage out our display so it's out of sellable inventory, except for electronics.

today a guest came in wanting last week's price on something. Said he knew it was $xxx when there was no sign or anything. the LOD checked, and it went off sale sunday. should he feel the vibe and get a better price?
lod laughed profusely and refused to change the price. i wonder what the vibe police would have said...
They probably would've cited him for failing to "yield" to the right-of-way of the guest.

maybe Target should have done the obvious thing and just re-introduced Fast, Fun and Friendly. Would have been so much cheaper - guess that was too easy.

Yeh, I guess this "Vibe" crap got somebody in corp a raise.
And if it flops, somebody to blame.

If we start using the word "amazing" all the time then perhaps we can finally get rid of the word "Opportunity"......hmmmm....I'll take "amazing" over an" opportunity" any day!

I am so tired of hearing about our "opportunities" that I can't even say "opportunity" in my non-target conversations!

BTW, you know what a great scratch-off prize would be? How about a paid four day weekend over Thanksgiving!

I know I don't exactly know what you guys are seeing at the stores related to this, but aren't you making this more of a bigger deal than it really is?

Target always has buzz words. I want to "status" with you. This was a "win". This BS has always been around. The fact they now have a new buzz word - "amazing" - doesn't seem like a big deal.

Does all this sound like a cheesy recycling of the the old "I Can Do It" campaign a decade ago? I Can Do It made so much sense and I didn't feel like I was being talked down to then.

I'm up to here with hearing "AMAZING!" over and over and over from the resident cheerleaders:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:...

The LOD and I talked for a bit about some stuff last night, and she mentioned the video. I gave her a blank look (as the only time I've even heard of this is on these forums). Apparently I'm one of the few who hasn't seen it at our store yet. Guess who gets to watch an amazing video tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back