Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was told tonight that payroll will be increasing to account for the extra guest service that we'll be giving. It's giving an inch because we want to compete with Amazon by being Amazing, but we don't want to go the extra mile because we don't want to give away the store. This particular ETL agreed that VIBE rating and inches should not be used in the same sentence. ;)

I will have to attest, Amazon's customer service is top notch. We could do much to learn from them, and maybe Vibe will be the start.

So they finally changed the Great Team board at my store to the Vibe board. [cue non-Target appropriate jokes]

I really don't have a problem with the new vibe stuff. I think being warmer towards guests is something, at least in my store, that needs to be worked on.

The emphasis on "AMAZINGGGGG!!" makes me think corporate should be sent out for a drug test..

Using drugs or OFF their drugs? Maybe a mental health evaluation is more in order when it comes to these robots in corporate?

Do they really think using these transparent cult like strategies with their employees is going to make TMs & TLs more comfortable about being underpaid & overworked?

Showing some sincere respect for employees & actually remembering that they are working because they need MONEY & that they cannot pay their bills with GTC's & PBJ sandwiches.... now THAT would be amazing.

You missed the point completely, Life201. It's not about US. It's about our GUESTS. It's never been about US, has it?

I think the whole VIBE thing is going to backfire on my store its gotten to the point to where the guests understand that we are understaffed and has at sometimes guests calling for the LODs just to yell at them for not staffing the store so a good 80% of guests are on our side in my store

You missed the point completely, Life201. It's not about US. It's about our GUESTS. It's never been about US, has it?

this bugs me. i was asked by our former stl what the most important priority in our building was. he was trying to prove a point (you can't sell air, guest service, etc.) during a tl meeting. i told him the #1 priority is the TEAM. not the big wigs or even the GUEST. the team members. he started getting pretty angry, and thought i was being a smart ass, but i was sincere. the way i see it, if a bus full of kids pulls in to do some BTC/santa shopping, i know i will do whatever i can to boost sales, and i can help one person at a time. but if i make my team my priority, then the completed training, sales objectives, CIHYFS, etc. that i put into their development will help them be AMAZING and service multiple guests in addition to my one and drive sales. target's got their priorities wrong. happy tm whom are trained and well compensated = happy guests who feel appreciated and receive a great guest experience.

When I saw the picture of the dog I was like okay? Then I read the quote and I just couldn't stop laughing!

we watched the intro video and it's all pretty lame... i still don't understand how the "vibe" is any different than the way we currently operate. adding "amazing" doesn't really change anything; the lady was going to buy her dog food at the store, and eventually the dog was going to roll over...the amazing part isn't really "linked" to anything we did at Target. The video was pretty stupid too... our boss told us not to be "fake" when dealing w/ guests, but that's pretty much what they want. and they're like "if we see you ignoring guests, you'll get coached." I don't "ignore" guests, but sometimes I don't like disturbing people either. I let them shop in peace and I'm there when/if they need me. If they really wanted us "there" for the guests...they would HIRE MORE TEAM MEMBERS to be on the floor! It's that simple, and it's not like we make that much money anyway so they're not suffering by hiring a few more TM. This "vibe" stuff is just more reasons we should hate big corporations!

I'm really just afraid I'm going to get yelled at or some BS because I'm not "vibing" enough since LOD said we were going to have to stay on top of all the new cards and bring "amazing"stories to huddle...amazing is that I haven't killed myself yet and I'm still here! I really hope I get the job I applied for! (crosses fingers)

Using drugs or OFF their drugs? Maybe a mental health evaluation is more in order when it comes to these robots in corporate?

Do they really think using these transparent cult like strategies with their employees is going to make TMs & TLs more comfortable about being underpaid & overworked?

Showing some sincere respect for employees & actually remembering that they are working because they need MONEY & that they cannot pay their bills with GTC's & PBJ sandwiches.... now THAT would be amazing.

An AMAZING moment: you send in your utilities bill and instead of a written check, there are GTC's attached! LOL

So everybody sees it as a joke. I wonder how much money was spent to come up with this foolishness. How can they be so completely out of touch with the people at the store level. Its amazing how far this company has fallen.

What an AMAZING question! "Catch the Vibe" ;)

So this "vibe" thing, I just got approached by my GSTL about it tonight. Not sure what the point is, really anyone wanna shed some light as to why they're making us fill out more comment cards and whatnot? Also, new Food Avenue protocols, they're removing nachos so does that mean no more cheese for pretzels?!

So this "vibe" thing, I just got approached by my GSTL about it tonight. Not sure what the point is, really anyone wanna shed some light as to why they're making us fill out more comment cards and whatnot? Also, new Food Avenue protocols, they're removing nachos so does that mean no more cheese for pretzels?!

From talking with the lady at Food Ave at my store, it sounds like the cheese is going as well. Not sure what snack food I'll be getting on my breaks now. Losing nachos is anything but amazing. :(

From talking with the lady at Food Ave at my store, it sounds like the cheese is going as well. Not sure what snack food I'll be getting on my breaks now. Losing nachos is anything but amazing. :(

Just like everything else. If its good Spot will take it away.

Re: nachos going bye-bye - I step away from food ave A FEW WEEKS & THIS is what they do.
Now they wanna KEEP me at Starbux 'cause I'm "doing SO well"; never mind that they've lost several TMs.
I don't even look good in black....
*sigh*

Glad to see someone finially figured out why we used to have "Guest Service" written on our name badges. Without it we are a show room for the internet. We will see if this is just more buzzword say one thing do something else or that corporate people gets that sales and payroll walk hand in hand with driving profitable sales.

They have these little scratch off cards. They gave them to the new team members with the idea to give them to the team member that affected your training the most. In front of a huddle, I was given one and told to scratch it off. I used a coin and started seeing the words "Extra fifteen minute break" underneath. Nope, not good enough. By the time I had it completely uncovered, they asked me what it said. I calmly stated "Trade paychecks with any ETL of your choosing, wow these are kind of cool". The look my STL gave me was priceless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back