Archived Has there ever been a walk out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyi

I’m curious to know if anyone is aware if there ever been a TM walk out?

In my 10ish years I’ve never heard of it happening. I’m not advocating doing a company wide protest or anything I’m just curious if it was ever attempted.

Yeah, my final STL was so verbally abusive that I couldn’t stand another second of it... and after being a spot employee for over 10 years and making far more money than I knew I would elsewhere, I walked out...

;)

Some Pikesville Target workers go on strike, call for boycott, citing 'abusive treatment' by management - https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-pikesville-target-strike-20190415-story.html

Targetstrikeunite & itsgoingdown groups...

Some Pikesville Target workers go on strike, call for boycott, citing 'abusive treatment' by management - https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-pikesville-target-strike-20190415-story.html

Targetstrikeunite & itsgoingdown groups...

This store was in my district. Quite a few years back the health dept shut it down and they sent me to help manage cleanup, glad things are moving uphill 🤔

A GSA was not fit to handle difficult guests finding it increasingly hard and complaining about them, and that is a clue to what will happen next. S(he) did not like how the frontend was understaffed where s(he) could not manage breaks or their own. Next s(he) became hostile toward other team members and team leads. S(he) walked off the job and out of the store a number of times only to return an hour or so later. S(he) ended up quitting because of difficult guests and team members. All I can say is that they were not a good influence, certainly not motivating, and it was much more pleasant to be rid of this walking time bomb. When you feel the need to explode... well you're not focusing on the challenge and what I see in that is that you did not want the challenge - you were a bad fit for a leadership position. When we complain about guests we are not looking for ways to provide reasonable to great guest service. I find such people NOT looking for good, instead they are looking for the next ball to drop. With that outlook they are a ticking time bomb that will sooner than later hit zero. It's hard for some to have a good outlook and attitude, I am included in that, yet if you catch yourself degrading, you can change your focus so that walking out is not much more that a passing thought.

A GSA was not fit to handle difficult guests finding it increasingly hard and complaining about them, and that is a clue to what will happen next. S(he) did not like how the frontend was understaffed where s(he) could not manage breaks or their own. Next s(he) became hostile toward other team members and team leads. S(he) walked off the job and out of the store a number of times only to return an hour or so later. S(he) ended up quitting because of difficult guests and team members. All I can say is that they were not a good influence, certainly not motivating, and it was much more pleasant to be rid of this walking time bomb. When you feel the need to explode... well you're not focusing on the challenge and what I see in that is that you did not want the challenge - you were a bad fit for a leadership position. When we complain about guests we are not looking for ways to provide reasonable to great guest service. I find such people NOT looking for good, instead they are looking for the next ball to drop. With that outlook they are a ticking time bomb that will sooner than later hit zero. It's hard for some to have a good outlook and attitude, I am included in that, yet if you catch yourself degrading, you can change your focus so that walking out is not much more that a passing thought.

I was one of those walking timebombs that walked out, as you call it. My store I spent 9 years at has gone into the shitter in more ways than one since I left... mainly because I left.

Don’t drink too much of the koolaid. You might just end up with targetbetes.

I’m curious to know if anyone is aware if there ever been a TM walk out?

In my 10ish years I’ve never heard of it happening. I’m not advocating doing a company wide protest or anything I’m just curious if it was ever attempted.
I’ve seen tm , tl and etls walk out

I did a walk-out one month into my employment at Target, but a few days later the STL himself made me an offer that i couldn't refuse to come back, so i did!! Stayed for 13 years after that!

I was thinking more of a whole store walkout
Most that happens is you get a decent amount of team members in a store to vote to unionize, then that store goes bye bye and TM's who were thought to be part of the problem get denied transfers.

Never is made into a big deal, so not worth losing a job over lol.

I always jokingly (i’m serious tho) plan a front end walkout. Especially during Q4 when the abusive ETL would be closing and come up and tell me and the GSTL we were doing a shit job and reshop needed to be completey done or we couldn’t leave meanwhile both of us were backing up our one guest service tm with the line out the door all night. The three of us heavily debated walking out right there.

Not a whole storr but various tms at various points. The most was 7 in one week due to a horribly abusive hr and stl. Terrible combination for employees who know their worth as human beings. We lost most of the store during their reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back