Archived Has your store ever had....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a GSA. We had a crazy night and sales floor ignored her calls for backup or gave the I am with a guest excuse and she just walked right out.

Our LOD looked like she wanted to cry.
This same exact thing happened at my store where we had a very light grid to begin with and no one was going up to back up, but the LOD handled it well.

We've had one or two Flow TLs walk out.

Just a GSA. We had a crazy night and sales floor ignored her calls for backup or gave the I am with a guest exuse and she just walked right out.

Our LOD looked like she wanted to cry.

If it was a crazy night, like you say, maybe they were with guests helping.

I guess we all now know the "receipe" for someone with authority to walk out mid-shift!! o_O

All these dick STLs everybody has. Wow. Mine's cool. He's over 50 so he doesn't act like a college kid, and he's been a manager elsewhere. He has high expectations and is pretty tough, not so much on tms but definitely with leadership. So funny to hear him telling one of our ETLs to push an EXF he dropped or asking another ETL who left a cart full of random crap in the backroom.

We had an ETL-AP walk out mid shift. He was pissed off and through with dealing with our Nightmare STL apparently. From what I gathered after the STL was promoted to DTL (he was very good business wise, but I had heard he created a hostile work environment behind closed doors) is that all of the ETL's in my building hated dealing with the guy (the STL).

All these dick STLs everybody has. Wow. Mine's cool. He's over 50 so he doesn't act like a college kid, and he's been a manager elsewhere. He has high expectations and is pretty tough, not so much on tms but definitely with leadership. So funny to hear him telling one of our ETLs to push an EXF he dropped or asking another ETL who left a cart full of random crap in the backroom.

No, my STL is great. I feel like an STLS job is to push the ETLS. Not micromanage TMs. My favorite story was when our ETL SL and HR were in the latter's office texting and the GSTL called for backup 3 times. He told them to get off their phones and help. I came outside and he was on a lane himself.

If it was a crazy night, like you say, maybe they were with guests helping.

It depends on the TM. Sometimes they legitimately are. I was at another store and this lady asked me if I needed help. I told her no, her GSA called for backup. She responded she was with a guest and continued to try to shoot the breeze with me even though I clearly didn't need her help.

Several years ago we had a srtl- log walk out . The stl and etl log had been riding him for weeks about every little thing ( you know how they do when they are either trying to get you to quit or build a case for firing you ) , Finally one day he had enough...he went over the walkie told the stl that he was leaving and his keys were on her desk. He simply walked out .

We had an ETL-AP walk out mid shift. He was pissed off and through with dealing with our Nightmare STL apparently. From what I gathered after the STL was promoted to DTL (he was very good business wise, but I had heard he created a hostile work environment behind closed doors) is that all of the ETL's in my building hated dealing with the guy (the STL).
We had an aptl turn his two weeks notice into the stl...the stl told him he could just go ahead and leave now...he didn't need him. So, the aptl just walked out .

I was with the company for 10 years and I was an ETL-Logistics and I did this. Not my proudest moment, but I'd been with a new STL for about 10 months and this guy was a real bad asshole... I mean real bad... I was the 4th ETL Log within a 12 month timeframe upon my arrival... I kid you not... the DTL took me out for food to talk about the issues I was having with the STL and pretended to care but he was just trying to keep me from quitting to protect his turnover... dude didn't give a flying fuck because not once did he reach out after I left, haha... my successor was going to transfer, went there for support help, and him and the STL butted heads and he didn't even last one day...

Anyways, I was never once coached nor did I feel my job was threatened in any way. Regularly made payroll... BRLA was highest it had been in years... dude was just a dick... we had a bad night... I decided I didn't want to hear his mouth not one more time, so I handed my keys over to the Sr. TL and I walked out, lol...
The issue lied with the DTL because he placed the new STL knowing how bad he was.

We have had a wave of people just walk out because of fellow team members getting fed up with team leaders

No one has at my store yet since ive been there. I worked at another retailer; we had a dude take his lunch and not come back. The manager tried calling him to make sure he was okay. He was like I don't like your store managers managing lol It makes me crack up now because the store manager used to be an ETL-LOG for Target. :rolleyes:

We had one GSA go to lunch, come back from lunch, say that he was taking a better job offer, and leave. That's about the worst from leadership walking out.

Had an electronics TM cuss out our STL and then say he was going to work for walmart.

Just had the Starbucks TL walk out mid shift the other day. The LOD contacted AP because there was a massive line at Starbucks, but nobody working there. We reviewed video, and found her finishing making a drink, walking away, cleaning out her locker and leaving.

Also, a few months ago, the STL coached our ETL-LOG. After the coaching, he grabbed his shit out of his office and walked out.

Also, last year, during a floor walk, the shy quiet softlines TL walked up to me out of the blue and basically had a melt down. Never showed up for work again. Not really a walk out, but it caught everyone off guard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back