Archived Has your store ever had....

Status
Not open for further replies.
None in the 2 years I been working here, there's been a few TMs that have walked out though.

A terrible ETL went to lunch one day and never came back.

then nothing of importance was lost.

my TL almost quit like a week ago. thankfully the STL was coming in as it happened. this resulted in an LOD ban for market. good times.....

We have had a few TMs walk out, but not leadership. We have had an ETL-Log text all of the other ETLs/Srs at 4am saying he couldn't handle it anymore though. Our STL is making the store a nightmare so I think most of us have considered it.

On one very frustrating night (not defending my actions), I walked out 10 minutes early during a shift. I think that's the worst I've done.
I once walked out... almost 2 hours after my shift was supposed to end. It was the last NCNS from someone who'd put in their 2 weeks and not bothered to show up for their 2 weeks. The LOD insisted that I needed to keep the deli open until 9pm. Thankfully the ETL-HR was there and had my back when I had a breakdown, straight up told me to make sure the deli wasn't going to burn down and go home.

When I used to work SL, I had a TM who I'd just trained the week prior go to lunch and never come back. She seemed to be doing well, but some people just aren't cut out for retail.

I once walked out... almost 2 hours after my shift was supposed to end. It was the last NCNS from someone who'd put in their 2 weeks and not bothered to show up for their 2 weeks. The LOD insisted that I needed to keep the deli open until 9pm. Thankfully the ETL-HR was there and had my back when I had a breakdown, straight up told me to make sure the deli wasn't going to burn down and go home.

When I used to work SL, I had a TM who I'd just trained the week prior go to lunch and never come back. She seemed to be doing well, but some people just aren't cut out for retail.
Oh I've been in that situation before. I appreciate the extra hours, but it's annoying when you have to cover for someone else last minute.

And are you at a super target? I've never seen a deli inside Target before.

Years ago, an AP team member was fed up with the AP ETL and barged into the STL's office while the HR ETL was there and basically laid out all the issues that the AP ETL had been hiding and said he was done working in such a messed up department. An hour later the District AP leader came in, interviewed the other AP team members and we never saw the AP ETL again. Which was fine with me, the AP ETL did not have any leadership skills at all.

Oh I've been in that situation before. I appreciate the extra hours, but it's annoying when you have to cover for someone else last minute.

And are you at a super target? I've never seen a deli inside Target before.
I am, indeed, at a Super! We have Deli, Produce, Bakery, and Meat all separated as far as TMs go, with a TL for each except Meat (although this is supposed to be changing eventually). It's really nice when there are enough hours to go around. When there aren't, it can get to be a bit of a disaster, what with TMs quitting and stuff like one Deli TM having to cover Bakery, Meat, Deli, and Produce all at once because of gaps in coverage and no scheduled overlap. I enjoyed it when I first transferred to Deli and for about the first year, things were pretty good. Now everything's just royally screwed up.

Nope. We've had leaders go, but they all came quietly and gave either a two weeks or one month notice beforehand.

At my old store, we had an overnight ETL pretty much lose his shit. He was a pretty big guy, at least 6'5", and was always stressed out.
One night, a TM asked him a question and he started screaming at the TM, asking him what the hell was wrong with him, why he was so stupid, etc. He yelled at the person trying to calm him down, then threw his keys and equipment and bolted.
A week later he was begging for his job back.
Goes to show you can't always act on impulse/emotion.

I don't know if the GSA would've walked out, but at my store where I worked seasonal, there's a GSA who would try to power-trip on me and she would get mad (and probably hated me) because I'd call her out on her trippy bullshit.

I don't know if the GSA would've walked out, but at my store where I worked seasonal, there's a GSA who would try to power-trip on me and she would get mad (and probably hated me) because I'd call her out on her trippy bullshit.
One of our newer GSAs (He's very young and was promoted by our failing GE at the time) was acting superior to one of my TMs. She told him to respect his elders and he told her to "Respect her seniors" implying that he had any authority over her. All this right in front of me.

I tore him apart.

not sure if it was mid shift or anything but when i first started, our store team leader just up and left one day.

Eh, at that point you're fucking over your former co-workers.
Oh I know. And they didn't give a shit either. We were all pissed. We had four team members in there for two days trying to fix everything.

Actually never even had a TM walk out mid-shift in the time I've been there...although a few TMs have been arrested mid-shift o_O

My third shift at Guest Services, kind of had an idea what was going on. Typical day of people on the floor not responding to guest first and our coverage up front being shit, the GSA (I'm service desk at the time) I'm with has a literal nervous breakdown over how terribly everything is going, starts crying goes into the area where our lockers are and leaves. I walkie for my LOD and ask where she went and he responds with 'that's a good question, are you okay up here?' as he turns around to see a 9 person line in a single lane.

My third shift at Guest Services, kind of had an idea what was going on. Typical day of people on the floor not responding to guest first and our coverage up front being shit, the GSA (I'm service desk at the time) I'm with has a literal nervous breakdown over how terribly everything is going, starts crying goes into the area where our lockers are and leaves. I walkie for my LOD and ask where she went and he responds with 'that's a good question, are you okay up here?' as he turns around to see a 9 person line in a single lane.
If there was support from the LOD this situation should not have happened.

im not a GSTL or a TL but I walked out one time because I was cart attending and on lunch. It was a Saturday and they didn't have someone cover my lunch, so when I got back there were no carts and every single LOD and GSTL were riding my ass about why were there no carts yada yada yada. I gave them my stuff and walked out. They stopped me tho before I full on quit and calmed me down lol

Last night. "Too much pressure." I guess you aren't going to be the next TL? Obviously has something else going on in their life because the store was absolutely DEAD.
And yes, it completely fucked over the co-worker that was left and the co-worker set to open today.

im not a GSTL or a TL but I walked out one time because I was cart attending and on lunch. It was a Saturday and they didn't have someone cover my lunch, so when I got back there were no carts and every single LOD and GSTL were riding my ass about why were there no carts yada yada yada. I gave them my stuff and walked out. They stopped me tho before I full on quit and calmed me down lol

Funny thing is few cart attendants know this but ETLs are responsible for getting carts when the cart attendant is on break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back