Archived Have any Flow Team Members worked at Target long term (if so, for how long) without ever learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of know how, I’ve seen TM’s do it. I guess I should really know how because I maintain the bailer and I’ve had to fix the chains on it.

I wouldn’t be able to do it by myself honestly.

Probably being paranoid.

I’ve been doing overnight flow at my store for over two years and I’ve never been shown how to make a bale.

Bales also made by females at our store, and I made them back in the day when I worked at Office Max.

I was surprised to see my name on the wall has "overdue" for training on the baler, along with other HL folks, but nobody has said a word about learning it. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to remember, but I remember hating it back then so I'm not eager to do it today. I already feel like I spend half of my shifts dealing with cardboard as it is.

As long as it's full enough to make a bale, just run the whole wire through so that all the length of it is behind the machine with just 6 inches or so to the front. Then adjust the wires when the compressor thing is as low as you can see. You can poke the wires back out and if they get folded a bit it doesn't hurt the integrity of the bale after you tie it anyways.
We have a piece of red tape on the compressor part above the holes for bale wire, and another piece on the main baler, so when they line up that's when we make a bale. It's been that way forever. But the holes to run bale wire through are still below the door at that point.

So while it sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't be able to do it at my store because it would never get full enough before someone else saw it at that arbitrary red mark and made a bale.

Bales also made by females at our store, and I made them back in the day when I worked at Office Max.

I was surprised to see my name on the wall has "overdue" for training on the baler, along with other HL folks, but nobody has said a word about learning it. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to remember, but I remember hating it back then so I'm not eager to do it today. I already feel like I spend half of my shifts dealing with cardboard as it is.
You are probably on the list to train on running the baler, not making bales.

Not my fault you work with prissy bitches. Ladders are fun! You just need to be deliberate with your actions up there and you will be fine..
Out if my years there we have had maybe 3 girls that could climb the ladder. 3 we're tomboy's. We usually get the excuse that it's "too high' or "I can't do it"

These people should be fired if they are perfectly physically fine

My ETL would flip shit if someone asked me to get something and I told him to do it because "it's too high'

I have experienced 2 tms over the years who were afraid of heights--both males. 1 was hired for backroom, but was moved to flow pretty fast. All ages and genders climb at my store.

Out if my years there we have had maybe 3 girls that could climb the ladder. 3 we're tomboy's. We usually get the excuse that it's "too high' or "I can't do it"

These people should be fired if they are perfectly physically fine

My ETL would flip shit if someone asked me to get something and I told him to do it because "it's too high'

Mine would too, I have also found that sometimes explaining how it works and what you should do up there helps the fears and gets people who normally wouldn't climb up to get up there. Cause I am sorry you can get the comforter that is up there, sure we may need help for that huge box of detergent that is at the very top but we should be able to get most stuff.

You are probably on the list to train on running the baler, not making bales.

They would bother to train you how to close a door and push a button? Seems silly to train on running the baler without making bales.

See, I'm a girl and 5'3. There are guys who are really tall (like, REALLY TALL) and they stack boxes on top of each other on the very top shelf of the aisles...even if I stood on my tippy toes, I wouldn't be able to get it down. And I'm NOT going to stand on my tippy toes on the top of a really tall (sometimes unstable) ladder. Nope. I don't get paid enough. I'm gonna get someone to help me.

See, I'm a girl and 5'3. There are guys who are really tall (like, REALLY TALL) and they stack boxes on top of each other on the very top shelf of the aisles...even if I stood on my tippy toes, I wouldn't be able to get it down. And I'm NOT going to stand on my tippy toes on the top of a really tall (sometimes unstable) ladder. Nope. I don't get paid enough. I'm gonna get someone to help me.

exactly as you should, I only have a inch or so on you. The boys sometimes forget that short people have to get stuff down. That issue I call too.

exactly as you should, I only have a inch or so on you. The boys sometimes forget that short people have to get stuff down. That issue I call too.

This. Recently a bunch of scooters were stacked up on. the. highest. shelf. Like stacked four-high. I asked a flow guy to help me because I needed one for SFS. He looked at me kinda funny. I also have a hard time with anything heavy that is high up, since getting down the ladder with that kinda thing ain't easy. STL once got annoyed when I asked for assistance carrying a Keurig that was one of the highest shelves down to the ground. Umm...I'm not too strong. What can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back