COVID-19 Hazard pay due to Corona Virus

Re childcare: Our HR expert said they have a program that's waiving all fees and works with a center in town but I'm not sure if that's store specific or company wide.

Re childcare: Our HR expert said they have a program that's waiving all fees and works with a center in town but I'm not sure if that's store specific or company wide.
It’s Bright Horizons and it’s available to everyone at Target. Not only for child care but they’ll also do in home elderly care if anyone has parents that need assistance too.

Don’t for a minute kid yourself into thinking we aren’t all replaceable.
Especially since hundreds of thousands of resturant workers just found themselves without jobs.

It’s Bright Horizons and it’s available to everyone at Target. Not only for child care but they’ll also do in home elderly care if anyone has parents that need assistance too.
Even if you cant find a professional, they include a stipend of up to $100 per day to have a relative watch them for you. Pretty sweet deal. Target has really been taking care of issues well through this. In fact the biggest complaint I have heard about it is that now people dont have the excuse of not being able to find childcare to avoid working mandatory.

The credit union my daughter is working for is paying all their employees $5.00 an hour extra for working during this.
They aren't doing any new hires and many of the staff are staying home so there is a pretty high stress level but I thought that was pretty cool.

Honestly, if Walmart really is paying people more, I wouldn't be surprised if Spot follows suit. It's already approaching April, when pay increases happen, anyway, so it wouldn't even involve much change there.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if it's not just an early jump to $15, as @Amanda Cantwell said.

Back