COVID-19 Hazard pay due to Corona Virus

My hours for next week doubled because of the new earlier truck schedule. I went from 21 to 40. I will take that as hazard pay and hopefully the overnight shift diff is still there. We also have had OT approved for my department (F&B) and for Ship/OPU.

$2 an hour bump, bonuses of $250-$1,500 paid out to TLs
The TL bonuses were announced last spring/summer. They’re just announcing it a second time for good press.

I want more ot. I already have a second job that lets me work all I can. And I’d rather that time and energy be spent at my store.

Honestly they should just bump us to $15 now and then leave it since it’s gonna be 15 by the end of the year anyways
Big problem with that is that several cities like Seattle - with much higher cost-of-living than most other parts of the USA - already have a minimum wage higher than $15/hour. The vast majority of TMs in my store near Seattle already earn over $15/hr so this would have absolutely zero benefit here, even though cost of living is 25% higher than the overall US average. Maybe everyone near Seattle and San Francisco should be bumped to $19/hr, not as absurd as it may sound to some of you.

Big problem with that is that several cities like Seattle - with much higher cost-of-living than most other parts of the USA - already have a minimum wage higher than $15/hour. The vast majority of TMs in my store near Seattle already earn over $15/hr so this would have absolutely zero benefit here, even though cost of living is 25% higher than the overall US average. Maybe everyone near Seattle and San Francisco should be bumped to $19/hr, not as absurd as it may sound to some of you.

True.. Seattle has a minimum of $15 the cities surrounding it do not.. Why no one wants to transfer to any store other than Seattle.. Which is a shit hole to work in cause of the location.

I love reading the previous posts in this thread. Specifically the one that suggested the $15 minimum will be canceled.

Ya'll really just need to hate something to live.

Wonder if its average hours or a full weeks work since average is low but been working 40 the last few weeks

True.. Seattle has a minimum of $15 the cities surrounding it do not.. Why no one wants to transfer to any store other than Seattle.. Which is a shit hole to work in cause of the location.
City of Seattle minimum wage $16.39 hourly
State of Washington minimum wage $13.50 hourly
Last holiday season, new hires were coming in stores around us at $14.00 hour, back when the statewide minimum was $12.00 hour.
Now that the state minimum is $13.50 hour, I would guess new hires have been coming in at or near $15.00 hour. And yes, up until a couple of weeks ago, they were still hiring new people off the street even though they'd let go some (about half) of the seasonals.

We had a store huddle yesterday and all of a sudden our department manager told us Starbucks drink are on his. No wonder he was being nice. That pos is getting a bonus for absolutely doing nothing. Get rid of TLs and raise pay for tms. Every tm are already in charge of their departments.

Also just a reminder this is a differential not a raise so you will get $2 more an hour no matter how much you make. It’ll show as a separate line on your pay stub and only apply if you worked those hours not used vacation or sick time. Any paid time off will still be at your normal rate of pay.

Also just a reminder this is a differential not a raise so you will get $2 more an hour no matter how much you make. It’ll show as a separate line on your pay stub and only apply if you worked those hours not used vacation or sick time. Any paid time off will still be at your normal rate of pay.
Good catch.

We had a store huddle yesterday and all of a sudden our department manager told us Starbucks drink are on his. No wonder he was being nice. That pos is getting a bonus for absolutely doing nothing. Get rid of TLs and raise pay for tms. Every tm are already in charge of their departments.
lol

Back