Hazard Pay x Masks

So... question:

On July 4th we are supposed to stop receiving hazard pay. That being said, the talk at my store is that tms will still be required to wear masks. So how can Target explain the fact that is still too dangerous NOT to wear masks but not dangerous enough to keep paying us hazard pay?

So... question:

On July 4th we are supposed to stop receiving hazard pay. That being said, the talk at my store is that tms will still be required to wear masks. So how can Target explain the fact that is still too dangerous NOT to wear masks but not dangerous enough to keep paying us hazard pay?
They may extend it again.

So how can Target explain the fact that is still too dangerous NOT to wear masks but not dangerous enough to keep paying us hazard pay?

easily. you wear a mask or you get coached. there’s the explanation

they’re a major corporation, they aren’t obligated to “explain” anything and if they keep the mask policy after hazard pay expires (they will), all you will get is the token “out of an abundance of caution...”

So will the Seasonals start quitting once the $15 goes bye-bye? Will Target extend but call it something different? If they don't extend, when will the originally-planned 2020 bump to $15 happen?

The seasonals are already being let go. The hazard pay could be going away because essentially states are opening up businesses again. That does not mean we do not need to follow CDC guidelines. The virus has not left us, and due to the nature of our job we are going to need mask. It will be a part of the dress code for a while until the virus is not an issue any more. Just because it is being enforced does not mean we are entitled hazard pay.

I will say that I am not too keen on sticking around a job that has me interact with so many walking germ bombs in a time like this and the lack of hazard pay makes it that much easier for me to find another job that pays the same with less hazards.

We only got 6 months left for them to give us $15/hr. If it ever does "end" I'm sure they will bump us up to $15 as a "Thanks" (sorry California)

I've been saying for a while that we should get the extra pay as long as we have to wear the masks, just because it's so not fun to wear them while pushing the truck. But do I think it'll actually last that long? No way.
Fortunately, most people in my area do seem to be compliant, but definitely not everyone. Maybe it's 70-30, with more guests not wearing masks as the day goes on.

Back