Archived Health Insurance & new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Long time no post.

Been busy searching for a new job. I think I might have one lined up. With my potential new job, I will be hourly full time (40 a week). Now, as I will be a full time employee at my new job (potentially of course), I will be eleigable for health insurance by law since they offer health insurance.

Now, I can get health insurance within the 90-day maximum waiting period.

If I work at Target one or 2 shifts a week, can I still keep my health insurance at target for 90 days at minimum? I have been working full time hours for 4 years as a PA. My average hours are 37.5 a week (paycheck hours say it is 37.33 per week average)

Depending on your hours in 2015, you might be able to. Because you had stayed with as a part timer.
I am glad to hear an update on you. Wegmans?

Depending on your hours in 2015, you might be able to. Because you had stayed with as a part timer.
I am glad to hear an update on you. Wegmans?

A job related to my degree (early childhood education.)

How do I find out about my 2015 average hours?

Ck on ehr or targetpayandbenefits for that answer. Based on your answer so far, it is was 30 plus hours. I did keep the dental, long term disability & life insurance(cheap) when I got the 2nd job.
Congrats, btw.

Last edited:
Ck on ehr or targetpayandbenefits for that answer. Based on your answer so far, it is was 30 plus hours. I did keep the dental, long term disability & life insurance(cheap) when I got the 2nd job.
Congrats, btw.

Going to the place to submit my new hire paperwork today. Once that is turned in, I am going to talk to HR when I get in today. Only going to work 2 shifts a week closing (and no working saturdays for me).

In the mean time, I will use up all my vacations and PH hours. I will also try and keep my health and dental for as long as possible.

My ETL is going to be in for a big surprise when the email gets sent out.

Good to keep Saturdays off so you can have one day to yourself.
Between ARDs, IEPs & BIPs you'll have your hands full.

Try this schedule. Closed on Wednesday, open Saturday & Sunday?

I dont want to work everyday. My new job is Monday through Friday. After working over 6 years at my store while going to school during that time, I have earned the right to not work on Saturdays. I suggested Wednesday nights because that is when HR closes.

I actually havent told them yet. I got an email confirming my start date last night. Though I am off today, I am going in to talk to the ETL HR whom happens to close today.

Any advice on what to say?

I went part time at target once I got my new job. I averaged well over the mimum in hours in 2015 to qualify for insurance. My new job does not offer an affordable option, so I stuck with target's discounted plans. As long as you are a team member, you can pay out of pocket or out of your check to cover insurance costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back