Hello! I’m new to Target. Just have a question about vacation/sick hours

Can someone please tell me where I can see how many hours I earned so far for vacations and sick times??

I thought it’d be on Workday app but I could be wrong…Please help! Thank you!!

Are you a tl? For others, Unless things have changed you have to work there like a year before you earn it.
I don’t know about sick pay. I’ve never lived in a state that had it.

I’m a TM as a HR expert. I punch people’s Sick time pay code and vacation time..I was wondering when I could start earning mine. Maybe I need to work over a year like you said..?👍🏼 Thank you.

I think after 90 days you earn 6 hours vacation. I could be wrong. You can always look at your paystub/payslip and it will tell you how much you earned.

You do find that in Workday. Go to your profile. Click Absence from the list, then Absence Balance.

Target doesn't offer sick leave to Grade 35 hourly store workers unless your state/city requires it by law.
For example, in Washington State you receive at least one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours you work. Here's more details:
Washington Labor & Industries - Paid Sick Leave
Which is why in my state we get sick pay but it has to be manually entered by HR.

The problem with that is there is no electronic tracking of my request just a note though I do inform my TL.

In California after 90 days you can use your Sicktime in California we’ve got up to 48 hours a year to use though you can accumulate beyond that in a year based on hours a week you work.The only bad thing is you can’t use them intill the next year I’ve used all my sick this year but still have 42 hours but cannot use them intill January 1st I’m not sure how it is in your state but check to find out

Last edited:
Target doesn't offer sick leave to Grade 35 hourly store workers unless your state/city requires it by law.
For example, in Washington State you receive at least one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours you work. Here's more details:
Washington Labor & Industries - Paid Sick Leave
The times they are a-changin':

In California after 90 days you can use your Sick Time I work at in California we’ve got up to 48 hours a year to use though you can accumulate beyond that in a year based on hours a week you work.The only bad thing is you can’t use them intill the next year I’ve used all my sick this year but still have 42 hours but cannot use them intill January 1st I’m not sure how it is in your state but check to find out
Welcome! See the sick policy that redeye posted. Starts July 1st.

Last edited:
Back