Archived Heyday! Target-owned electronics brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “heyday” most likely isn’t trademarked and thus, free game to anyone who likes the name.

Which is why you’ll see Heyday coffee and restaurants called Heyday or a type of beer called Heyday IPA. And if the coffee is spelled HeyDay and Target’s electronics are spelled Heyday!, it can be argued that it isn’t the same thing.

I saw one of the portable chargers today that somehow came back in our stray even though it’s tranisition... the packaging is decent but the product looks very very cheap. The hanging hook for the peghook is a smiley face, kind of cute but also very very cheesy...

There can be two different companies with the same brand when they aren't similar products, like Dove chocolate and Dove soap.
Yes, because each company started in different parts of the planet. This is why there is a Target in Australia which is similar to Spot but not the same. However, its quite a different thing for a company to stock a product they don't own and then use that name for a house brand.

Visually some of the stuff doesn't look bad, but, I'll have to experience using some of the new line and listening to Guest feedback before I'm completely sure if this isn't just another Trutech game. :)

I saw one of the portable chargers today that somehow came back in our stray even though it’s tranisition... the packaging is decent but the product looks very very cheap. The hanging hook for the peghook is a smiley face, kind of cute but also very very cheesy...
The smiley face is stupid, unless the point was to make pegged product look more disorganised than it does now. If that's the case then it's brilliant

Oh that's adorable. I do wanna buy a pair of the earphones to test them, yeah.

The smiley face is stupid, unless the point was to make pegged product look more disorganised than it does now. If that's the case then it's brilliant

How is it going to make it look disorganized?

By encouraging the pegged product to hang from the corner of the "mouth" instead of the middle. Because its roughly U shaped it will tend not to hang in the corners, not in straight rows on the peg, as opposed to the traditional flying saucer shaped peg holes (which still allow this, but don't encourage it as much) which try to get everything to hang from the same point in the middle.

I used to work at a junior clothing store that sold cheap-ass tech accessories, you know, $5 phone cases and chargers, etc. Heyday doesn't look as crappy, but it's the same concept. The women buying it won't care about quality as much, they just want to be trendy and cute. If something breaks, they'll just come back and buy another because it's affordable.

But to be fair, Apple chargers break far too quickly for the price, so I’d rather buy my teenagers the cheap ones because they last just as long as the pricier ones.

As a former (backroom/flow now) electronics TM and current electronics TM whenever they decide to call me in on a callout or schedule me randomly for a saturday night or sunday morning -_- .... I feel I deserve to be part of the knowledge of this but everyone who has been in the huddles doesn't give a fuck about the new brand and I actually want to sell it and I would try to if I worked mid-day electronics. Morning I would be too busy with tasks but near the end of my shift like 11 - 2 ish I would be totally at the desk showing off the neat looking usb cords n such. Feels like my salesfloor TLs and my ETLs all forgot I was electronics ever. Yet my STL to this day says I am the best at zoning toys and keeping seasonal clean.

Is there some sort of launch event for this going on? The reason I ask is that I open this Sunday, but we also have someone coming in from 10am-3:30pm Sunday. We haven’t had two electronics employees at once since Q4, so wondering if this 5.5 hours of two employees has any correlation to this brand launch?

They already set all of the initial round of Heyday stuff in front of the boat where the GEMS stuff was before at my store. Played with one of the cases, and I can't say I'm impressed... it's basically just a clear plastic shell with a rubber bumper in one color or another around the edge. Seems like a cheap knockoff of Speck's Presidio Show cases. The cables are alright for the price, but the charger tassel keychain is just ugly/gaudy, and the earbuds are basically colored EarPod ripoffs. The color selection is neat, I guess, but it's nothing I'd go recommending to a guest unless they're really tight on money or need something they're not going to be too concerned about losing.

They already set all of the initial round of Heyday stuff in front of the boat where the GEMS stuff was before at my store. Played with one of the cases, and I can't say I'm impressed... it's basically just a clear plastic shell with a rubber bumper in one color or another around the edge. Seems like a cheap knockoff of Speck's Presidio Show cases. The cables are alright for the price, but the charger tassel keychain is just ugly/gaudy, and the earbuds are basically colored EarPod ripoffs. The color selection is neat, I guess, but it's nothing I'd go recommending to a guest unless they're really tight on money or need something they're not going to be too concerned about losing.

The cheap stuff should be alright as long as they last more than 30 days before breaking down. I'm mildly interested about the larger stuff, actually. The box for the wireless headphones claims 30 hours of playtime per charge...which would be awesome for $60...

So the Target app says that Heyday releases 6.9

Could explain why I have to be at opening that day o_O

Plano at my store said this morning some is street dated for Tuesday 6/5 the rest she set already. So now I’m still confused as to why we have two people for 5 hours on Sunday...

Plano at my store said this morning some is street dated for Tuesday 6/5 the rest she set already. So now I’m still confused as to why we have two people for 5 hours on Sunday...
That's interesting, all of our stuff is street dated for this week too, they might do a launch for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back