Archived Hot, hot, hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our back room is a freaking sauna right now. I sweat like a pig if I'm back there for more than 5 minutes. TSC is the same. I don't even want to think what it's gonna be like mid July.

Electronics get pretty hot from all the tv's and displays running. The console displays put out a ton of heat.

I forgot about that. I remember I got yelled at for having water under the register back in Electronics. Yeah, that never stopped me. I must have lost 5 lbs in water weight that summer working back there.

Whenever it gets really hot I find the thermostat box in the area and rub it until the ac kicks on. Works like a charm.

When the store gets really cold, one of my other electronics TMs will use some canned air on the thing so the heat turns on. I should try rubbing the boxes, I might look weird but I wouldn't care.

Electronics get pretty hot from all the tv's and displays running. The console displays put out a ton of heat.
The stacks of routers in my Elec lockup get pretty damn hot, the cooling fans on them are nearly always at max. I have to prop the door open in the morning to let some cool air in.

My department is near a huge rotunda window so we get all the heat. Our a vent has been broken for 2 years, so it gets sweltering. Last year it got to over a 100°. At least I'm in the Midwest and not say florida

Last year during a cashier shift a guest in shorts and a tank top mentioned how warm it was and I told her that she could take the guest survey and let Target know about her sweaty shopping experience. She said " Oh no it's not THAT bad, but YOU should tell them!" I thought to myself "Lady, they don't care if I'M hot!!!" I'm amazed that some team member hasn't passed out and sued Target. Oh and this is my first post!

We had guests complaining last night....again it was maybe in the mid 50s out...but the humidity was terrible and it was just plain hot in the store.

I have no idea what to say to people when they ask, "why is it so hot in here?" I can't tell them corporate is cheap and doesn't care about anyone's comfort...I can't tell them that we are just preparing all of our guests for the afterlife due to the way they treat us....I can't tell them it will be fixed when the a/c is turned on (assuming it's off now)...I can't tell them they don't give a crap what the TMs think, so our complaining does no good....

Ugh.

It's great when everything that comes off the trailer is radiating heat, lol[/QUOTE
How about that witch's brew of super heated detergent, pasta sauce, syrup etc if the trailer has had a rough trip. Sometimes I think trailers arrive by catapult. Ka-whoosh!
mixed up your quote sorry.

I'm not sure it has to do with them being cheap, at least at my store. Apparently the AC at my store is only partially working and they're getting someone to take a look at it and get it up and running.

I'm not sure it has to do with them being cheap, at least at my store. Apparently the AC at my store is only partially working and they're getting someone to take a look at it and get it up and running.

The past two summers I had to listen to the guests complain while the SFT (turned PMT) would tell us everything was working properly and set at the correct temperature. I expect the same this summer.

As a PMT, I can tell you that we do check on the HVAC. We get a monthly PM to ensure they are functioning, and if not, we can create work orders to have someone come out and repair them. We have absolutely no control over the units apart from turning them off and on. We used to be able to change belts on them which is a common problem when they snap from wear, but not anymore. I speak from experience that it gets old really quick having team members complain to us about the temperature. Remember, we have to work in the same building that you do.

How about that witch's brew of super heated detergent, pasta sauce, syrup etc if the trailer has had a rough trip. Sometimes I think trailers arrive by catapult. Ka-whoosh!
I've never been so unlucky that I've had to deal with that. We have had leaking laundry detergent or syrup that coats the line and all of the boxes that roll on it with sticky goo. Combine that with overwhelming heat and it's probably just as bad :p

From the Target Memes thread:

nHBbDAQ.jpg

The temperature is not so bad, but the relative humidity kills us. Every year, without fail, the humidity gets so high in the store that the mass market and trade paperback books start curling. No one wants to buy books with curled pages. No one wants to be in a store that is that humid.

The temperature is not so bad, but the relative humidity kills us. Every year, without fail, the humidity gets so high in the store that the mass market and trade paperback books start curling. No one wants to buy books with curled pages. No one wants to be in a store that is that humid.

I have also said that it is not just the temperature at my store but the humidity that makes it SO miserable. This is sometimes a problem even when it isn't warm outside or even on the salesfloor. Sometimes TSC is so humid it feels like someone has been boiling pots of water there. Last summer we had a shipper that a shelf collapsed in from the humidity! It'll be time to break out the clinical protection deodorant soon! LOL

This time of year always makes me question why I went to the DC. Because the buildings are so large, there's no way to efficiently cool them, so there's no AC outside breakrooms and offices. The place is just a trap for humidity and heat. The trailers can easily get to 120°F+ and will stay that way long into the night. Those fans outside the trailer bays that are supposed to cool them down are really only good for circulating dust.

Coincidentally, around this time of year, everyone drops about 15-20 lbs for some inexplicable reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back