Archived Hours at this time of year

how many hours a week do you get scheduled?

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • 16-23

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • 24-31

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • 32-40

Votes: 45 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know ASANTS, but it's definitely not based on availability at my store. I have open-close except for one weekday, and my hours are still attrocious. They cut Starbucks mids like crazy. Last week, our closer came in at 4 and her mid left at 5 rather than the typical 7. We have gaps like crazy, guests extremely angry, we aren't even close to steritch ready... it's all an absolute mess. The few people on my team that do have open availability are only getting 15-20 hours...and every last one of us is cross trained in other areas. It's disgusting.

I've been scheduled 15-20, but limited due to school. I've been picking up like crazy, ending up with 32+ after picking up shifts i can.

Flow was crazy yesterday. Everyone had to leave on time. Floor freight was EVERYWHERE still 2-3 hours after store open.

The big problem with this poll is it shouldn’t be number of hours but percent based on avail.

Example. I’m only scheduled 8 hours a week. But my availability is only 12 right now. So to say 8 on the poll would be misleading because there are some open avail people getting only 8.
if that's the case then there must be something wrong when I'm available 50 hours a week and am only getting scheduled for 5.5 hours :p

--

Honestly, my store kept too many people (that we didn't need) after the season was over, namely in the front end. Since everyone has to get at least 4 hours/week, we have to spread out the hours and give a smaller amount of hours to more people. Not that I'm not happy that our Target let more people keep their jobs, but 4 hours/week is not really a job

I know ASANTS, but it's definitely not based on availability at my store. I have open-close except for one weekday, and my hours are still attrocious. They cut Starbucks mids like crazy. Last week, our closer came in at 4 and her mid left at 5 rather than the typical 7. We have gaps like crazy, guests extremely angry, we aren't even close to steritch ready... it's all an absolute mess. The few people on my team that do have open availability are only getting 15-20 hours...and every last one of us is cross trained in other areas. It's disgusting.
Our last steritech visit starbucks was yellow because of something stupid. Over in market we were red due to blocked fire lanes, outdates. We ad cranberry juice from 2015 and the liqu-a-klor not being done

omg wait till everyone sees march 11 schedule till march 17 the hours dropped under 20. I literally went from 35hrs to 14hrs to 26hrs which is fine but under 20 and below 10 im waiting to see my store have a ton of people quit. we already lost 30 members and they keep hiring people that plan on quitting when they find a different job right away.

Been consistently getting 15-25 hours since I changed my availability. That's slightly over what my actual availability is, but I don't mind at all.

omg wait till everyone sees march 11 schedule till march 17 the hours dropped under 20. I literally went from 35hrs to 14hrs to 26hrs which is fine but under 20 and below 10 im waiting to see my store have a ton of people quit. we already lost 30 members and they keep hiring people that plan on quitting when they find a different job right away.

Wrong, the hours are going to increase a little bit each week leading up to Easter.

As always it depends on your workcenter

My etl softlines said we are plummeting to feb week two hours again -_- good thing I live by street corners :/

My etl said this upcoming schedule will be low. ASANTS I gues.

Not really asants just varies based on the workcenter. It's pretty low for the front end but high in other work centers. Plano had nothing on the 4th-10th schedule but will for the rest of the month.

My etl softlines said we are plummeting to feb week two hours again -_- good thing I live by street corners :/

This week we had 7 people in softlines get 35 or more hours for March 4th-10th.

It's going to drop again for the 11th-17th but what our etl sf did is save some hours from the 4th-10th that she's going to use on the 11th-17th.

As long as the pogs get done and you have enough people to push truck. It's a smart idea to spread your workload around so people can get consistent hours rather than ride the rollercoaster. Most people would rather get a solid 25-30 hours a week than go from 40 to 10 and back again.

It's going to drop again for the 11th-17th but what our etl sf did is save some hours from the 4th-10th that she's going to use on the 11th-17th.

As long as the pogs get done and you have enough people to push truck. It's a smart idea to spread your workload around so people can get consistent hours rather than ride the rollercoaster. Most people would rather get a solid 25-30 hours a week than go from 40 to 10 and back again.

This is ASANTS three people in softlines got 35+hours only the ones our vm is favoring. I have open availability and still on see 20hrs max. With my old tl i never ever went below 30. Our push team is kicked out every day right after break out. We have had unfinished trucks on the floor at close for a month now. Idk where these hours are going but they are not going to us. Our zones are all destroyed idk how they set anything apart from tie and forget.

Not being attacking just saying our store clearly has a problem somewhere in where these hours are going as far as apparel is concerned. I shouldnt be seeing les hours than someone only available intil 1pm and not on the weekends. Talking to my hr only ever leads to the we understand speech.

Can I just switch to your store? I never call out, work to the bone, and am always on time. . .I will bring doughnuts!

Not really asants just varies based on the workcenter. It's pretty low for the front end but high in other work centers. Plano had nothing on the 4th-10th schedule but will for the rest of the month.

LOL totally agree about that last.... but yea i am available every day and normally go in every time they call me in no matter what.

For the past few weeks, I've been scheduled 9 hrs. Three hours MWF. But I've come out with 10-15 hrs bc I'm one of those TMs who gets asked to stay and finish OR we go over hours to finish the truck. Today for instance, toys, sporting goods and seasonal was a breeze. By 9:00am I was upfront pushing One Spot with others. So that meant I got my full, four hour day in. Wed truck is in and most likely another long day.

Hoping that the weather, this week's ad will produce sales that will give us payroll... .

Well we have a brand new STL not just new to our store brand fucking new to being an STL and he is running our AA volume store like a ULV.. Cause that is how you run all stores. And so far he has been on Fridays as a treat to the flow team been helping push freight.. The rest of us are twisting in the wind. Backstock isn't done, CAFs not pulled, price change not done, SFS orders picked not packed cause I should be able to do the entire days workload in 4hrs.. And no one seems to care that our backroom is about to explode on to the salesfloor which is pretty fucking empty..
Y’all aren’t alone. We’re imploding too. There’s consistently a a quarter of the truck that gets pushed into the next day and backstock sitting for at least two days. A pallet of product went from backstock straight to salvage because it never got pulled.
Plus we’re remodeling so that’s piling on too... RIP.

Y’all aren’t alone. We’re imploding too. There’s consistently a a quarter of the truck that gets pushed into the next day and backstock sitting for at least two days. A pallet of product went from backstock straight to salvage because it never got pulled.
We didn't even finish half of the truck today, it was pathetic. POG is trying to set seasonal, but they can't get half their pallets down because of all the shit in the way.

Two days, try two plus weeks.. And leadership is acting like this is exactly what is supposed to be happening.

I'm glad i'm not the only one whose hit peak frustration with all the hours being cut, we've lost probably 1/2 of our logistics team and have 1/4 of the hours we did last year with twice the workload. The math simply doesnt add up and i dont understand how anyone expects anything to get done. I'm being constantly pulled from one work area to another to help compensate, which is only moving one issue from the morning to the afternoon and not solving the solution.

What really bugs me is that the ETL and TL don't have a plan, they come in frazzled and come up with half ass solutions, no one has a clue whats happening, moral is beyond low, and most of us are still exhausted from 4th quarter when working a 50+ hour week was the norm. This morning we had one backroom tm who was expected to pull all the cafs, took him 6 hours! Last year at the same time we had 5 tm's doing that workload. All of flow got sent home at 8am sharp, and the flow tl stayed 14 hours to get freight off of the floor. We can barely hit SFS goal times because the people we kept have no sense of urgency and i keep getting pulled constantly to cover for other areas. Today i had to basically inf'd an entire batch because the ETL just wanted me to hit goal.

Rumor has it that hours will come back up again next month and it can't come any sooner, i've just been staying late trying to get things caught up, and i know that my ETL knows this too, but i'm sure she's kept quiet about it because at a bare min we can still move between aisles. But i know it won't last long, my hours aren't terrible, i've been getting a steady 28-32, but with me sticking around, i've managed to squeeze in almost 40 hours for the past few weeks...

They are taking hours from logistics because other retailers are more efficient but they aren't fixing the process.

They're going to keep pouring more hours into the FACE areas. Your beauty team is getting more hours than backroom, service desk, and electronics. Just think about that for a second.

They're going to keep pouring more hours into the FACE areas.

That's reasonable if the FACE areas are working the floor, but we have so many people that don't reasonably push freight in the FACES because that's still a relatively new expectation. I've pushed market in flow speeds, what slows me down is guest interactions. I've had TMs take twice as long to push a Uboat. They get a week of coaching on how to improve before they start getting written up for performance.

We have had at least 2 TM that we know won't be able to pack and meet pack goal. They are packing at a speed of 1 box ever 4 min. We should reasonable be at between one box packed every 1-2 min. I tell them if they are going to pack slower they need to pick faster. We have an average of 4.4 min per each so if you're spending all that time on packing something is wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back