Archived Hours cut! Everybody is really pissed off at my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boycott? Everyone talking to management? Like, even veteran TMs who would expect this by now?

This is just how January is. Target gives ample hours to meet the holiday rush, and then promptly after New Years slashes payroll to next to nothing. It'll come back a bit around Easter.

Boycotting/striking will have no effect. 13 people or not, everyone is a redshirt. Leading/participating in a strike would probably be an unwise career move.
Staying with Target does years is an unwise career move.

That's the problem at my store, the front end hasn't been a ghost town. We have been busy each day that I worked this week, and from talking to others, we've been busy all day. I cashiered yesterday and had a 1+3 or 4 for my full shift. Most of the orders were at least half cart full to over flowing, not the folks with a few items that just refuse to do SCO.

This is where flex hours come into play. Most TMs don’t know about flex hours, or at least not much about them. In the first 2 weeks of the month, if you surpass sales goals, target has flex hours that add to your payroll. My store is trending at 600+ flex hours, so as long as our sales don’t drop off a lot, we’ll have plenty more hours to add.

And I presume that if someone is showing their ass about hours, when it’s literally not the fault of a single person in the store, the hours likely won’t be allocated toward them.

And this is why I have other employment besides Target. Hours weren't all that great at my store even during those higher-volume weeks leading up to Christmas, and they always drop off the cliff in January. So I look to pick up hours at my other jobs.

I do, but also live in a right-to-work state so probably screwed on that one

I've just wrapped up a 40 hr week but have no idea how next week is going to go because I always get under-scheduled (like say 24 hrs) and then asked to stay late every day, which I do. Next week's schedule looks normal but no surprise if they get back to their old "everybody work your exact schedules and get the FUCK out" tricks
Those aren't tricks... Coming from a srtl perspective we get in trouble for going over on hours... It's called running a business in a bad market. Doesn't matter how much money we make, we are still a big box retail store in an otherwise digital market.

Ive got so many hours, I feel like I live at the store, love IT!

Ive got so many hours, I feel like I live at the store, love IT!

I hate it. It's a miracle I haven't driven off the side of the highway on the way to work.
tdlw8.jpg

I know someone who did just that, being tired from work.

He nearly died... it's a REAL thing.

I know someone who did just that, being tired from work.

He nearly died... it's a REAL thing.

Then it's only a matter of time

Since my last 40 hr week of the season, I've been scheduled around 20 one week and then around 15 the week after, but then a seasonal TM put up his whole week on the board and I was able to pick up 15 hours for the 15 hour week without having to pick up those dreaded cashier shifts. I'm pretty content considering other SLTMs are just getting one 4 hour shift.

My hours are getting lower and lower every week. So are everyone else's, so nothing is being put on the shift swap board.

I can't wait for the hours to go back up. I'm also looking for a second job now.

Corporations are raking in large amounts of money and record profits but we've determined that maximizing shareholder value is the pinnacle aspiration of society, so all of those record profits go straight to large shareholders and top brass. 'Tis the American way.

I'm actually really looking forward to getting shit done around the house/in my personal life. I got promoted to GSA in the summer (in a store that doesn't have enough) and I've been working full time ever since. At this point I'll gladly take a while of 20-35 hour weeks so I can do shit besides work and sleep.

I had one week of low hours which I picked up shifts to bump it up and then I’ve just been scheduled 30+ with one week being almost 40 which is nice. I know a lot of people are getting one shift a week so I’m trying not to complain and appreciate the money lol

I found out why I'm not seeing a million seasonal hours on the shift swap board. They didn't do seasonal hiring for anything with E2E, so my competition for hours are all the permanent folks.

My hours are still good for the most part. My third week where I'm averaging 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back