Archived Hours hours hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragronak8er97

“Save money. Live better.”
I could see it a mile away. *target gives raise* cuts hours. Lol

What are they gonna do when they supposedly up it to $15? Keep everyone at 28 hours to keep labor cost at the same cost they do now?

JOKE.

Everyone at my store has nothing higher than 30. I have to hawk people for their hours that’s even if they post them. What and I supposed to do with 60 hours?

Just wrong

The hours this year seem to be the same as they were last year. If you aren't getting as many right now, it's probably because they just hired a ton of seasonal people; seasonal hours are really only for like the last week of November and all of December, so you're going to be really short on hours for the next few weeks and then again in January (even the last week of December...) until the seasonal hires are gone. But even then, some will stay on, and hours will be low. And then you'll get told that hours go up in the spring, but they don't really, so your hours might stay low. And then they need to hire for back to school, but the hours only really go up for about 2 weeks, so your hours will probably be low for the entire summer except those 2 weeks. Then we're into the fall where hours are low. Then they start hiring seasonally and your hours get worse, and then better for 5 weeks... etc.

Literally every year people say "omg hours are so low I can't believe it this company is going down the tubes". Most non-TLs won't get scheduled for 40 hours per week. Even some TLs don't get 40, depending on the store. The hours are low for 45 out of the 52 weeks in the year. That's how this works. It's not because they increased our pay. It's because they want (short-term) profits, and it's not profitable to have a perfectly run store. Mediocrity is far more profitable.

cart attendant 32 hours a week but cross train backroom,flow,sco,service desk,sales floor,Plano

I'm a seasonal cashier. I was told I wouldn't have any hours til mid November. However, I was scheduled for 3 days last week. Of the remaining 4 days, I was called 3 different days to see if I wanted to pick up more hours. So none of the regular TMs wanted to pick them up?

I feel like I have the opposite of these problems. I get way too many hours. I wish I could be scheduled for max 12 hours a week, however I consistently get 30-35

I'm a seasonal cashier. I was told I wouldn't have any hours til mid November. However, I was scheduled for 3 days last week. Of the remaining 4 days, I was called 3 different days to see if I wanted to pick up more hours. So none of the regular TMs wanted to pick them up?
The regular team members likely didn't want to stay late or come in early or come in at all, but simultaneously complained about not getting enough hours.

When they ask me 5min before I need to leave and have appointments already booked, nope can't pick up hours. And this happens way to often..

The regular team members likely didn't want to stay late or come in early or come in at all, but simultaneously complained about not getting enough hours.

Two of the days were to come in that day. One of the calls was to work 2 days later in the week. I just thought it was odd, especially for the shift that was for later in the week.

I look for hours everyday, like a crack head does loose change. I ask to stay late or come in early everyday even tho I know it’s going to be a no. But I have LODs giving hours to people they like or have relationships with (STL fully aware, but does nothing)

If what you people are saying about hours going down like this 45 weeks out of the year is true then idk what I’m gonna do.

We’re just slaves putting our necks out for pennies while they make the big bucks.

I got more hours picking up shifts this week than I have my actual scheduled hours the week after. Been working 1 1/2 years at Spot and I'm working a whopping 2 days that week. Joys.

I look for hours everyday, like a crack head does loose change. I ask to stay late or come in early everyday even tho I know it’s going to be a no. But I have LODs giving hours to people they like or have relationships with (STL fully aware, but does nothing)

If what you people are saying about hours going down like this 45 weeks out of the year is true then idk what I’m gonna do.

We’re just slaves putting our necks out for pennies while they make the big bucks.

Maybe a change in attitude will help you. All of your post here are negative, I couldn't imagine working with someone like that every day.

I’m not in The store granted, but I’m getting on average three days of overtime or week roughly 36 hours on top of my normal 40 hour shift

Contrary to the conspiracy theories we are specifically told not to slash regular team members hours for seasonals.

View attachment 4114

No but that is what they do, like taking all the training hours we were given for SFS and now a few of us are just winging it since we got to learn nothing.

Those hours just went poof into dust cause we never saw them..

Maybe a change in attitude will help you. All of your post here are negative, I couldn't imagine working with someone like that every day.

The same thing can be said about you. Everything you post is either negative or so pro-target.

So I must have been hallucinating when I did my grocery shopping yesterday during the post-church rush and every single cashier was seasonal.
No, but maybe a lot of your regular team members either aren't available on Sundays or just prefer not to work on Sundays. Or maybe it's a legitimate coincidence. Or maybe that is the only day of the week that some of those seasonal TMs are working. Or maybe your leaders don't think it's fair to the seasonal TMs to only give them 10 hours per week so they give them 20. Maybe they want the seasonal TMs to get plenty of experience before Black Friday hits so they aren't completely worthless. Maybe some of the regular TMs are already worthless and they want to give the seasonal TMs a shot.

Or they aren't following this policy that was posted above. All are plausible, and it's probably a combination of a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back