Archived Hours/Shifts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, can anyone tell me what hours "nites" and "overnites", means?---Is it 2nd and 3rd shift? (at A DISTRIBUTION CENTER, that is)---Thanks for the help!

I can't speak for Target, but generally speaking, "nights" can mean overnight or it can mean afternoon to late evening.

"Overnight," means just that.

You'd most likely work something like 10 pm to 7 am, 11 pm to 8 am, etc.

Or you could have the lovely experience of your cushy daytime job turning into working 7 pm to 7 am because they needed a manager on night shift.

Anyway, overnight is third shift.

The exact hours might vary a bit but suffice it to say that you will get to see the sun come up every morning and then spend the rest of the day trying to sleep while your neighbor is mowing his yard, cutting down a tree with a chainsaw, working on his motorcycle, earnest young Mormons are ringing your doorbell to tell you about Jesus, the mailman is ringing your doorbell with a certified letter from the IRS wanting the 60 bucks you owe them from last year, etc.

Last edited:
The exact hours might vary a bit but suffice it to say that you will get to see the sun come up every morning and then spend the rest of the day trying to sleep while your neighbor is mowing his yard, cutting down a tree with a chainsaw, working on his motorcycle, earnest young Mormons are ringing your doorbell to tell you about Jesus, the mailman is ringing your doorbell with a certified letter from the IRS wanting the 60 bucks you owe them from last year, etc.

Sounds better than Iraq/Afghanistan night shift. Waking up b/c your A/C went out (generator overheating) and it's 120 degrees in your room, or the lovely feeling of waking up to mortar fire a few hundred feet away. Lol, still makes me laugh that I'd wake up to a mortar, wait to see how far away it "felt" and then go back to sleep if I was moderately certain I was safe. Ahh deployments, how I don't miss you.

In SOME ways I'd prefer that to dealing with the whackjobs that come in a store at 3 am.

Regardless, reminded me of a scene from Full Metal Jacket where they're trying to figure out of if the fire they're hearing is incoming or outgoing.

Someone says it's outgoing.

Then the lights go out...

Someone else says, that ain't outgoing...

Regardless, reminded me of a scene from Full Metal Jacket where they're trying to figure out of if the fire they're hearing is incoming or outgoing.

Someone says it's outgoing.

Then the lights go out...

Someone else says, that ain't outgoing...

Hah, we really do that.

"Is that in, or out?"

Awkward Pause... followed by a boom.

"In, definitely in."

Thanks for your wonderful insight, & thank God I am blind, deaf and numerically/financially- illiterate. You might suggest that neighbor affix the chainsaw to the motorbike, and turn a tight circle at full-throttle, until the other bothersomes rather favor "guacamole"-?

no, just got the standard thank you for applying with target..,-CRAPOLA!-MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back