Archived Hours..... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked the new schedule today, which I put in open availability for, hoping I'd get 40 hours like I did last year at this time, and I check and I have 24 hours. How do I go about complaining about this? Judging by the times, they probably will have me pushing z-racks in the morning and think the fact that I'll be pushing instead of doing soft lines will make my happy. Just is ridiculous to me that I'm getting less hours than I was when I was in school. I've had enough with this scheduling, and knowing seasonal hires are getting paid more, and have more hours is just disheartening.

Cross train, cross train, cross train. See where your store needs help.

This right here, your store probably isnt making sales like HLM said. Many TMs who only work in one center are under 40 at my store but those who can double and triple dip are getting 10 here, 20 there and 10 elsewhere to make it work.

Wondering why I heard a recently hired girl say that she was making 10.50.....

Back in the summer i would have 40 hours after 40 hours after 40 hours after 40 hours... oh my god. I'm glad hours are getting spread out hopefully to people who deserve it.

Seasonal hires aren't getting paid more. Maybe the same, but likely a little bit less.
Ours are starting out at somewhere between $.25 to $.75 above base. Two separate TMs mentioned to me how awesome it is for a job that pays $10.75 (they work cashier and SFS so not sure what paygrade).

This right here, your store probably isnt making sales like HLM said. Many TMs who only work in one center are under 40 at my store but those who can double and triple dip are getting 10 here, 20 there and 10 elsewhere to make it work.

Yes, this. In my experience, many people are only willing to work certain areas or at certain times/days of the week. Personally, I'm open and am able to work in many different areas. I usually get 35-40+
Many times my store will just throw hours at people who want them. Right now, consumables needs a lot of extra help, and they'll often let people come in to assist flow with the truck.
Let HR or whoever is LOD know that you're able to come in if there's a callout. Last minute's annoying but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Also, I let as many tms as possible know that I'm willing to swap shifts with them/take their shifts. I'll get people from 3 or 4 work areas asking me to take their hours/swap lol

If you go the hr and talk to them about hours...make sure you talk to them and not at them. I am have seen tms go to an etl, tl or hr about getting more hours and its more of an attack than a conversation. If the hr. , etl etc feel like they are being attacked they get defensive and you could yell the store is on fire and they wouldn't hear you. I would let them know that you opened up your availability ( even though they should know ) and you are willing to take shifts, cross train etc. Then if nothing happens you can approach it in a different manner. Sometimes ( well most of the time ) Spot can be shady when it comes to one person getting hours verses another...however, sometimes they have a legitimate reason.

Sales are probably down. Work hard, improve your TL. Youl get it. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back