How do you act as a guest in other stores?

My store is a bit of a commute, but my normal shopping store is right down the street. I forgot to get something at work so I stopped in at the home store to grab it. I made the mistake of walking in there in uniform once. I used the “I don’t work at this store, I’m just maintenance for the area” line more times in 15 minutes than I do all day when I cover our ultra high volume stores in the district 🤦🏻‍♂️

I silently judge the team members on their inability to make eye contact and greet me. I understand everyone is busy with their tasks for the day but you should still acknowledge someone passing you on the aisle. I don’t need help finding anything - but you don’t know that. A simple smile or a “hi” is all I’m asking.

I post this because I went to 2 different 🎯 stores this week and not a single person said anything to me even though I passed multiple team members while wandering the aisles. I didn’t even get a hi from the TM watching SCO.

I also have been known to take down expired sale ads when I find them. 🤷‍♀️ I hate when guests price challenge things because one tag got missed so I figured it’s helping them out.

After i pulled a GSTA away from his softball game at Guest Services (him using a pool flotation device as a baseball bat) i politely complained to him that NOBODY on that salesfloor offered to help me find anything during my 30 minutes of shopping. HIS response....."I'm sorry, but we have all teenagers working at this store" THAT was his excuse!!!

Absolutely. Been there done that, always polite to the retail folks, because it's a bitch. I just don't do anything "team member Targety" when I visit another store. Costco: yup, we do the retiree lunch thing usually weekly. A fine dining event worthy of 5 stars. Neve r had their pizza. The Italian sausage and peppers is great. Mrs. Captain likes the turkey and provolone. Capped off of course with a diet Pepsi, no sugar for that youthful boyish figure. Try their vanilla soft serve frozen yogurt!

Hey Captain, have you (or anyone else, feel free to chime in) had any of Costco's premade meals? Ours has huge chicken pot pies, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, tacos, chicken and fish dinners, all pre-assembled and ready to pop in the oven. They look delicious but I have never tried them, just wondering it they are as tasty as they look.

Hey Captain, have you (or anyone else, feel free to chime in) had any of Costco's premade meals? Ours has huge chicken pot pies, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, tacos, chicken and fish dinners, all pre-assembled and ready to pop in the oven. They look delicious but I have never tried them, just wondering it they are as tasty as they look.
They are awesome. Costco is right behind my spot.

I absolutely love Costco's street taco kits. Before I started working from home, I would pick them once a week for a quick and easy dinner. The packaging is a little flimsy so pick it up with 2 hands :cool:

The mashed potatoes and meatloaf is another great dinner option... The meatloaf does take 40+ minutes in the oven, so not as quick, but still tasty.

I totally judge. It could be based on the cleanliness of the store or how their store is formatted. I also gawk at their fulfillment carts and how fast or slow their fulfillment team is moving. I recently took a pic of an OPU holding area because I liked how it was set up. I’m always amazed at a store that plays music (and jealous) and even just sound on the TV wall (our electronics guy hates having it on). I probably visit 2-3 other Targets on a weekly basis for fun. I don’t ever identify myself as an employee.

When I was on board and going to a sister store I paid no attention to anything. Got my Guldens, M&Ms and got the hell out of the store. As I do in any store, in and out.

I totally judge. It could be based on the cleanliness of the store or how their store is formatted. I also gawk at their fulfillment carts and how fast or slow their fulfillment team is moving. I recently took a pic of an OPU holding area because I liked how it was set up. I’m always amazed at a store that plays music (and jealous) and even just sound on the TV wall (our electronics guy hates having it on). I probably visit 2-3 other Targets on a weekly basis for fun. I don’t ever identify myself as an employee.
We left it on lowish on one tv only. Cause i swear hearing that loop on repeat for 8 hours a day for 6days a week would drive you crazy.....

Edit: since writing this... that part about the target online shopping /outro is currently haunting me.

Back