Archived How do you guys wear your equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
Silly question, but I'm honestly curious.

I've started having both my MyDevice and walkie on the back of my belt. Keeps things out of the way, and from weighing down my pockets.

My device on left pocket, box cutter and measuring tape on right pocket, walkie and orange tool in/on right back pocket, and pen in pony tail. Believe it or not if I'm missing something I'm lost all day.

Left side:
PDA in holster looped directly to my belt
Personal keys and box cutter in my pocket
Walkie clipped to my pocket

Right side:
MyDevice in holster clipped to my belt
Electronics keys clipped to my belt
Cell phone in my pocket

My car key is very awkward and I hate carrying it in my pocket, but I also have a crown key and baler key and I'm not sure where else to put them so they don't get lost.

Last edited:
walkie on my left pocket when I have one, PDA and holster hanging on my right hip, box cutter in my right pocket, equipment keys on a lanyard in my left pocket.

wallet, personal keys, and phone are on me as well.

I tend to avoid having a walkie whenever possible, and am resistant to carrying anything else on me. I start to feel like I'm geared up for an expedition or a battle with all this stuff on me.

Last edited:
Walkie on the right pocket side & my device w/holster in the back. If I have a PDA, holstered the right. Electronics keys & ad in back pocket. Crown keys front left pocket.

I wear the myDevice on my right pocket since I'm right handed it makes things easier and the walkie on my left. Box cutter goes in the myDevice holder. If I have keys I always wear them on the belt loop of the myDevice side. Works for me! Except I hate the magnet keys I am forever getting stuck on shelves and anything metal.

I have my heavy duty box cutter clipped in my right pocket, pens in the right pocket. when I am GS my Walkie goes in my back left pocket, GS keys go on the left side belt loop, when I get my hands on a mydevice in goes clipped to my left front pocket.

Except I hate the magnet keys I am forever getting stuck on shelves and anything metal.

I actually had a belt loop ripped off because of this. Was walking past a tub, key grabbed the tub, and before i realized it had happened I'd taken another step causing the belt loop to rip. If I absolutely must have those keys, they go in the bottom of my PDA holster now. I can't be bothered to care about whether that's good for the PDA. If I push the issue and make the store buy me new clothes every time an on the job thing like this damages or ruins clothes, my bosses will make sure I know they aren't happy about it.

I actually had a belt loop ripped off because of this. Was walking past a tub, key grabbed the tub, and before i realized it had happened I'd taken another step causing the belt loop to rip. If I absolutely must have those keys, they go in the bottom of my PDA holster now. I can't be bothered to care about whether that's good for the PDA. If I push the issue and make the store buy me new clothes every time an on the job thing like this damages or ruins clothes, my bosses will make sure I know they aren't happy about it.
It's even worse when it happens while you're trying to help a guest cause you just want to curse out loud, but you can't :D

. Box cutter goes in the myDevice holder.

This is the one thing I hate more than anything. Everyone does this and leaves them in the holsters so they develop holes and I have cut up my hands more times reaching in the pile for a holster than I can count.

Please don't do this..

This is the one thing I hate more than anything. Everyone does this and leaves them in the holsters so they develop holes and I have cut up my hands more times reaching in the pile for a holster than I can count.

Please don't do this..
Most of the time people leave them in there but luckily razor side down so no cutting incidents. It would do the same if it went into your pocket.

Back left pocket:Boxcutter
Left hip rear (clipped to my belt): myDevice
Left hip front (with a holster & belt): PDA
Right hip (clipped to my pocket): walkie

Please don't do this..
I do close any box cutters found in a holster.

Walkie clipped onto my belt on my left side, MyDevice holstered onto my belt on my right, 12' tape measure on the back-right side of my belt, electronics keys on a carabiner hooked onto the pants loop between the MyDevice and tape measure.

Electronics phone and a few pens go in my left pocket, my personal phone (for weekly ad and better item searches on the Target app) is in my right pocket, three blades in my back-right pocket between myself and my wallet, always closed.

Left front pocket: pen and marker.
Left rear pocket: closed box cutter and name tag.
Right rear pocket: wallet
Right front pocket: phone
Right hip: walkie
Right rear hip: mydevice

Pen clipped on shirt. Wave keys clipped front right. My device clipped next to key.box cutter on mydevice holster. Walkie and electronics keys back right pocket. And pda wherever I set it down -_-

At my store if you set a PDA/MyDevice down its liable to get snatched -by me, and put back in the equipment cabinet for someone who might watch it better.

Yep me too, and if one of two ETLs are in the building you are getting written up for it as well.

At my store if you set a PDA/MyDevice down its liable to get snatched -by me, and put back in the equipment cabinet for someone who might watch it better.

This is how I feel. I'm thinking about relocating my walkie to my back left hip as all TLs have ear pieces. myDevice on the right pocket though.

LPDA holster was always on my left side. Typically at my 7 o'clock.
Walkie clipped at my 11 o'cock. Earpiece between my undershirt and my red polo.
GSTL keys clipped at my 4 o'clock.
Pen in front right pocket.

LPDA holster was always on my left side. Typically at my 7 o'clock.
Walkie clipped at my 11 o'cock. Earpiece between my undershirt and my red polo.
GSTL keys clipped at my 4 o'clock.
Pen in front right pocket.

I hate polos. I don't know how you guys do it. All my ETLs dress quite nice - I hope that's not a requirement to be an ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back