How do you keep Excell Merchandiser / Vendor Honest?

Hopefully I get some help and replies.

I have quit a few customers asking about Sports Cards. Asking if we have stock or when we will stock, etc. From my understanding, the merchandiser stocks the cards, we cannot touch them. On the other hand, I have seen the vendor hold cards for the same people and allow them first access. They buy hundreds of dollars of product. Little if any stock reach the shelves for other customers.
What can I or my store do to fix this issue? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:
You would have to contact Excell and talk to them. It might be something that could be taken care of at a store level by a TL or higher, but chances are nothing will happen until you contact Excell directly, and even then they could do nothing.

Your store might also need to think about putting a limit on the number of items a person can buy. Many stores have to do this because the people who buy cards are vultures and will pick the shelves clean. They will mob the rep and not give them space to work, at my store we have had to kick people out because they were causing trouble. My Excell reps have to change up their schedules and get have been given new work cars in the past because the card collectors would track them. One merch was followed over an hour to another store and apparently, some Excell reps have found Tiles on their cars.

Hopefully I get some help and replies.

I have quit a few customers asking about Sports Cards. Asking if we have stock or when we will stock, etc. From my understanding, the merchandiser stocks the cards, we cannot touch them. On the other hand, I have seen the vendor hold cards for the same people and allow them first access. They buy hundreds of dollars of product. Little if any stock reach the shelves for other customers.
What can I or my store do to fix this issue? Does anyone have any experience with this?
If you notice that you should 100% let AP know

We stock our card wall. Our rep comes in occasionally. We have been getting less and less deliveries lately though. Idk if its a supply chain issue or what but these card collectors do seem to be getting more and more aggressive.

We stock our card wall. Our rep comes in occasionally. We have been getting less and less deliveries lately though. Idk if its a supply chain issue or what but these card collectors do seem to be getting more and more aggressive.
We do. We handle the same way, @MrT does.
Yes it depends on sales. High sales (for card wall) stores get more attention/help from vendor. My store is completely stocked and managed by vendor as we are #1 in district for trading cards

Back