How do you make overhead announcements via your zebra?

Our store has always had a team member run back to TSC to make the overhead announcement, and I just heard that there was a way to do so over the zebra, but we could not figure it out. Does anyone know if this is actually possible, and how to do so?

Last edited:
If we could do that I would assume we'd be able to do closing announcements more than twice in a row before they're broken again for a month.

If it were possible, it would be a terrible idea, because any random TM being able to speak over the PA is a recipe for disaster, and you can't even really lock it down because guest service TMs do the announcements.

If we could do that I would assume we'd be able to do closing announcements more than twice in a row before they're broken again for a month.

If it were possible, it would be a terrible idea, because any random TM being able to speak over the PA is a recipe for disaster, and you can't even really lock it down because guest service TMs do the announcements.

style still does the announcements at my store but like its not hard to just go to the phone and read the instructions on how to use the overhead lol

style still does the announcements at my store but like its not hard to just go to the phone and read the instructions on how to use the overhead lol
So they make Style go up to Guest Services? We had a brief period of transition doing that but that ended a long time ago.

Years ago, it was possible to make an overhead announcement from any phone in the store (this was back when we still had red phones on the sales floor and before Zebras were a thing). I used to be able to make closing announcements with a portable while I was closing registers. Corporate took that functionality away after guests figured out how to access the overhead and played some "inappropriate" audio in one of the stores, the video for which unfortunately went viral. To my knowledge, they have never given that functionality to the Zebras.

If they did that then they would have some angry team member swearing and quitting in the thing and if a guest got hold of said my device from a careless team member well who knows.

We had a TM do this on walkie. Flush the toilet, burp, fart, ect. It was seasonal so it took awhile to figure out who.
Makes me crazy enough when TMs have stupid back-and-forth comments and jokes - when the store is open. So unprofessional.
The TM you reference - did they not progress beyond 5th grade in maturation? Good grief.

I think they at least said they added it at some point, because I remember people telling me that we could and the GSTL trying and over the whole store you could hear some variation of "the call could not be completed as dialed. Please try again."

Back