Archived How do you tell you HR that you don't do 4 hour shifts and switch them to a full day,?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the op

In short do you E2E, backrooms hours were massively cut. Not really a problem since we knew from here in advance and started job searching

But for now we are getting random 4 hour shifts in the back 6 days a week. At the risk of sounding totally conceded, I don't do 4 hour shifts. As in, 6 days a week at 4 hours.

So how would you tell your he that you'd rather do 2-3 full days and have off the rest of the week. A lot of our team quit so they pressed for man power and trainers but just can't expect everyone to just come in twice as much for half as long

Cross training helps but doesn't guarantee you more hours. In our E2E, all backroom moved to the unload stocking and they are in charge of their own backstock and pulls and almost all of them get 40 hours.

Cross training helps but doesn't guarantee you more hours. In our E2E, all backroom moved to the unload stocking and they are in charge of their own backstock and pulls and almost all of them get 40 hours.
Yeah, out flow backroom at least gets 32 so far but even some of them are cut because flow is rushed out at 10 so there isn't anyone left to push and thus no backstock to work on. I'll probably float between flow and Backroom like I used to before I eventually find a new job

Yeah I don't mind the cleansing. Especially those who are complaining about their job being so hard all of a sudden, "We didn't want you anyways"

The hiding when anyone asks them anything or my favorite was walking a guest half way across the store to ask me a question they could have answered and was two aisles over from where they were was my final straw. I give no fucks, you can't stock for shit, you refuse to get better or take direction. Get out I am tired for doing your job and mine.

Read the op

In short do you E2E, backrooms hours were massively cut. Not really a problem since we knew from here in advance and started job searching

But for now we are getting random 4 hour shifts in the back 6 days a week. At the risk of sounding totally conceded, I don't do 4 hour shifts. As in, 6 days a week at 4 hours.

So how would you tell your he that you'd rather do 2-3 full days and have off the rest of the week. A lot of our team quit so they pressed for man power and trainers but just can't expect everyone to just come in twice as much for half as long
Just explain that 4 hrs isn't long enough for you to fufill your bathroom needs.

Find someone else with a 4 hour shift right after you or before you. Take their shift and give them one of yours. Boom now you have an 8 hour.

We all are getting 3-6 days a week (my whole team). We all have 4.25-4.75 hours per shift. So, we can't even pick up a shift to make 8.0 if we wanted to do that.

Working 6 days for 26 hours sucks.

I wanna be an electronics TL if I stick with spot, but I'm being fucked out of base pay for electronics while I work a consistent 4 closing electronics shifts a week.
You want longer shifts while keeping the same hours, but you get more shorter shifts.
Can't all get what we want now can we?
giphy.gif

I wanna be an electronics TL if I stick with spot, but I'm being fucked out of base pay for electronics while I work a consistent 4 closing electronics shifts a week.
You want longer shifts while keeping the same hours, but you get more shorter shifts.
giphy.gif

Electronics pay appears to be getting cut for new hires now anyways.

Have you made his clear to your TL? Ask to mirror some of their schedule and to work along side them to develop. That'll get you more insight into the position and better working hours.

You can bring up your issues but there's no guarantee they'll do anything about it. I told a former etl hr about my scheduling prefs (he asked) and he threw me some bones. I prefer anything vs 5.5. I got less 5.5s.

Orr you switch with some coworkers so you're all working three 7.5s (after the 30 minute meal) instead of six 4s

I'm the only CA of any day.

How am I doing what you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back