Archived How is your store doing with Coachings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is a living hell right now. We're being coached by every little thing right now, especially if comes down to "not doing guests service".

A lot of people are calling the hotline because of all the coachings, and HR is in trouble, ETL-HR is very stressed was told something, nobody knows what but she was seen crying. They blame this modernization has made our STL turn into hell. Because of it everybody is calling in and nobody wants to pick up shifts. TL's are very stressed because apparently ETLs are pressuring too much and even worse because no one wants to stay longer or come in other days.

As I said in other topic I already have (16 when I posted there) 17 coachings (just got a new one) for not guest servicing. One guy was coached THREE TIMES consecutively like day after day. He said that in total has 9 coachings he is one of the ones that gives most guest service in the whole store.

How is your store doing?

We don't get coach that much. Usually when they coach, it's because of a bad visit. They would tells us in groups instead of individually. Usually like once every 3 months will get that. I think your store is overkill.

Yeah I've been coached individually like once, usually these things happen in groups at least in my store but this is a big ASANTS

17 coachings and you still have a job? Doesn’t sound too bad.
Yeah I honestly don't know how HR or these TL's do these coachings or if they even real or documented. A lot of us should have been fired already.. I think these coachings are fake, they just want to scare us.

Yeah I honestly don't know how HR or these TL's do these coachings or if they even real or documented. A lot of us should have been fired already.. I think these coachings are fake, they just want to scare us.
Yeah sounds like alot of barking and no bite.
I push for corrective after 2 conversations.

I am on my final coaching, working my ass off on the checklanes to redeem myself. My hours have been cut to less than 30 and although I take extra shifts they find a way to keep my hours under 30, including deducting my break time from my working hours. What is the best way to approach this with HR?

I take extra shifts they find a way to keep my hours under 30, including deducting my break time from my working hours.
Depending on what state in the nation you are working in, that could be against labor laws. If it is, a hotline call is in order.

Sounds like your store “leadership” is out of control. Coaching for the sake of it is not only an abuse of power and a waste of time, it is also a morale buster and a productivity drain. The intent of coaching is to help the person improve their performance by teaching them what needs to be done, how it needs to be done, and how to meet timelines. Most people will respond and improve their performance, and that’s the end of it. Sometimes new TMs need to be coached several times about different things, because they have a lot to learn and sometimes (usually) their training is somewhat lacking and it takes a little while to get with the program. Coaching is a teaching tool. Telling someone only “you need to improve”or “that’s wrong” without showing them what or how they need to improve is not proper coaching, it’s Mickey Mouse and chickenshit, as is coaching someone for honest mistakes or to give the leader a chance to tell their boss “I coached the team” to make themselves appear to be taking charge. Coaching is most effective when it is used sparingly. Coaching everyone at every opportunity for every minor infraction destroys morale and productivity, because people who spend their day worrying about when they are going to catch Hell that day and for what are usually too busy trying to stay out of the boss’s way and second guessing themselves to be as productive as a person who knows that their boss has their back will be.🙄

YOU CANNOT COACH FOR GUEST SERVICE WHEN CORPORATE LITERALLY WONT PUT GUESTS FIRST. I cant stand having to apologize to every other guest for the condition of our store. Empty shelves is not putting the guest first.

Luckily coaching has not been happening in my store.

I am on my final coaching, working my ass off on the checklanes to redeem myself. My hours have been cut to less than 30 and although I take extra shifts they find a way to keep my hours under 30, including deducting my break time from my working hours. What is the best way to approach this with HR?
What do you mean by "deducting my break time from my working hours"?

Every time someone speaks to you about performance, it isn't a coaching. Huge focus on Service now means that you are being observed more closely. This does not automatically mean documented coaching. I provide feedback on a daily basis, both positive and negative, but rarely does it need to be documented.

It's pretty crazy, this new direction. And how selectively it is enforced. If guest service is paramount, surely those getting paid the most per hour should be expected to provide the greatest amount of guest service -- yet they're in their office giving out coachings or spying on TMs and ignoring guests all the while.

How many guests are you servicing while writing schedules? Or having meetings? Or coaching TMs? Or spying on TMs? Zero.

This.

I definitely know I'm being spied on. I'm like why instead of spying why don't you help guests and ask them too?

BTW: Just got one more today , so now it's 18!

This.

I definitely know I'm being spied on. I'm like why instead of spying why don't you help guests and ask them too?

Are you certain you are just being talked to and not “coached” with a documented PDD?

Even when we had a lazy HR, they wouldn’t let that many PDDs go without a Corrective.

Are you certain you are just being talked to and not “coached” with a documented PDD?

Even when we had a lazy HR, they wouldn’t let that many PDDs go without a Corrective.
Because I ask them if it's documented, or they even themselves tell me it is.

I’m honestly performancing out all the bad apples who have been here for years at my store. A couple are on a final now.

I’ve got my STLs and ETL HRs full support, as well as my peers.

With minimum wage going up and these individuals barely caring about their jobs/doing the bare minimum.. it is time to GO!

This.

You guys think we have the fucking time to spy on you guys? I know ASANTS but I’m too busy pushing truck rollover and backstocking for the inbound team since there aren’t enough of them so I need them pushing their whole 4 hour shift. Or at night, when I’m pulling guest requests and doing cardboard all night since no more back room closers.

Yes, the pressure is way high on leaders these days , and your leaders might be being assholes and nitpicking, but there’s no way you’re getting daily documented coachings on the same thing, 18 of them. And if you are, that explains why they spend all their time in the office, they’re busy typing your damn coachings 😂

At my store, we aren’t doing shit in terms of coachings and CCA’s, because workday is annoying and we’re too busy.

Also, with inventory and fourth quarter coming up, perhaps we’re in the office because we are planning, scheduling, and doing interviews?

You guys think we have the fucking time to spy on you guys? I know ASANTS but I’m too busy pushing truck rollover and backstocking for the inbound team since there aren’t enough of them so I need them pushing their whole 4 hour shift. Or at night, when I’m pulling guest requests and doing cardboard all night since no more back room closers.

Yes, the pressure is way high on leaders these days , and your leaders might be being assholes and nitpicking, but there’s no way you’re getting daily documented coachings on the same thing, 18 of them. And if you are, that explains why they spend all their time in the office, they’re busy typing your damn coachings 😂

At my store, we aren’t doing shit in terms of coachings and CCA’s, because workday is annoying and we’re too busy.

Also, with inventory and fourth quarter coming up, perhaps we’re in the office because we are planning, scheduling, and doing interviews?
I actually find workday to be easier. I did 10 coaching in less the 15 mins.

Planning and scheduling are tasks though, not guest service. I guess an argument could be made that interviewing is guest service, as the person you're interviewing is still just a guest. So 1/3.

If you don’t understand the difference between a manager (ETL STL) and an associate (TM), it is probably best that you not criticize how others do their jobs.

As far as I'm aware, the priority is guest service, period. There are no exceptions. My ETL-Log was ripped a new one by the GVP because she caught him walking by guests instead of greeting them.
Wish your GVP would walk through my store... 🙄😂😉 Daily...👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back