Archived How long do I have to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Target in August as a Team Lead, how long do I have to wait before I can apply for a senior team lead?

Essentially from the get go im honestly gunning for ETL at least. With a family of 5 and my own personal goals I need a decent pay to accomplish that so I’m definitely working hard and pushing hard for ETL eventually but I figured the progression chart would be TL > Sr. TL > ETL?

I’m just wondering if Target has any policy in place of how long you have to be working there before being able to apply or move up into higher positions?
My old job you had to be in your current for at least 6 months

I started Target in August as a Team Lead, how long do I have to wait before I can apply for a senior team lead?

Essentially from the get go im honestly gunning for ETL at least. With a family of 5 and my own personal goals I need a decent pay to accomplish that so I’m definitely working hard and pushing hard for ETL eventually but I figured the progression chart would be TL > Sr. TL > ETL?

I’m just wondering if Target has any policy in place of how long you have to be working there before being able to apply or move up into higher positions?
Below ETL there are no policy’s inplace but they typically follow the ETL guidelines of 18 months in roll minimum. There’s always expectations but 18 months is the best rule of thumb.

Senior TL position is eventually going away. So I'd work on mastering your work center and see how you can impact other parts of the store.

Below ETL there are no policy’s inplace but they typically follow the ETL guidelines of 18 months in roll minimum. There’s always expectations but 18 months is the best rule of thumb.

18 months seems like a very long time, that’s like Feb. 2020

If one opens, go for it! There is no official rule. Sometimes, a TM goes straight to Sr., or a TL to ETL. Does your leader or STL know that you want to move up? TELL THEM. Ask for feedback (you can also get feedback through Workday now). Ask if they see the closer role that is coming as a good step, and if you can take that on if it is. Sr. is going away, but there are a few months before it happens, so keep on the lookout. Good luck.

What happens to the Sr TL positions? If the position goes away what happens to the Sr TL?
If there is no Sr TL who is in charge of their areas....how does the ETL cover those areas?

So a likely path for an internal looks thusly now?
TM->TL->ETL

Keep an eye on the Target career website. The requirements they are looking for in an ETL are listed in the individual job announcements. Yes, I realize this focuses on outside recruitment, but it will give you an idea of where you stack up against HR's revamped ETL must-haves. If you meet the requirements, sit down with your STL and begin a conversation about what they are looking for in ETL's and make sure you make it clear that is a goal.

The $15.00 wage gives them an excuse to cut your hours back so that you hardly get any time. I mean, how will it look to outsiders.."if you're getting $15.00 an hour, what do you have to complain about?" Yes, $15.00 is great but how does that help when the hours are cut....and believe me the hours will be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back